• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blank Points not remastered in HD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precursor Mar

I've recently completed BBSFM, and I noticed that the Blank Points secret ending, as well as a few other cutscenes from the Final and Secret Episodes were not remastered. This is noticeable due to the sudden drop in video quality compared to the rest of the game's cutscenes, and the old PSP models being present. Is it the same on your copies as well? I've looked up a playthrough and it seems it's not just me.

I'm currently playing through KH2FM, but I haven't encountered anything like this yet.

Tetsujin

Probably because it's FMV and they didn't bother rerendering them with updated models.

mistwalker14

I've recently completed BBSFM, and I noticed that the Blank Points secret ending, as well as a few other cutscenes from the Final and Secret Episodes were not remastered. This is noticeable due to the sudden drop in video quality compared to the rest of the game's cutscenes, and the old PSP models being present. Is it the same on your copies as well? I've looked up a playthrough and it seems it's not just me.

I'm currently playing through KH2FM, but I haven't encountered anything like this yet.

Im playing KHII and I found the same issue before the battle of one thousand when you see Xemnas for the first time

Precursor Mar

Probably because it's FMV and they didn't bother rerendering them with updated models.

Geez, talk about lazy. It's extremely jarring after playing the entire game in HD.

Im playing KHII and I found the same issue before the battle of one thousand when you see Xemnas for the first time

Yup, just got past that part and noticed it too. What the hell, Square.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's just a secret ending, it has nothing to do with lazy, it's a FMV for the next games. I don't see how it's jarring.

It's lazy. A game touted as a high quality remaster and they leave scenes unremastered? How is that not the definition of lazy?

Seriously, every single time anybody has any issues over anything you defend it. There are things that cannot be defended.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
BLANK POINTS ISN'T REMASTERED????????????????????

I thought it was just the Secret Episode that wasn't! :c

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Wow Blank Points wasn't remastered? O.O Dang, Square....

Was this game rushed in production?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Wow Blank Points wasn't remastered? O.O Dang, Square....

Was this game rushed in production?
Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt. 1.5 has far less issues than 2.5. :c

This is so disappointing. Blank Points is such a highly emotional ending and is why I was so excited to see Sora again.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Wow that DOES sound pretty lazy, tho I'll be glad to play it when I get it. That was a game I missed by not having access to the system(and I have had to spoiler myself on)

I'll be glad to play it and actually get the nuances that teh wikis and stuff always forget to put down, unremastered cs's or no.

Xblade13

Awards
Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt. 1.5 has far less issues than 2.5. :c

This is so disappointing. Blank Points is such a highly emotional ending and is why I was so excited to see Sora again.

That's such a shame. I agree too, Blank Points was one of my favorite cutscenes in the series. If they DO decide to rerelease these HD Remixes on the PS4, I hope they take a bit of extra time to remaster those, and fix the other problems as well. But that's probably wishful thinking...

One of my dreams is to be a video game designer. So, mistakes like these are going on my checklist of what not to do.
-- Don't rush an important game, whether remaster or new. People want a complete, unbroken experience upon launch. No laziness. 2014 as a whole seems to be guilty of this.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
What a shame, it's the best movie of the whole game.:frown: I never heard of parts being not remastered at all, I was going to spend some time with the games around the holidays. Now my anticipation is almost zero.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Given all the issues I've encountered so far can't say this surprises me. Though I'm still more annoyed by the game glitch img when I got to Xemnas. I had to replay that several times just cause the triangle would input properly.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
What a shame, it's the best movie of the whole game.:frown: I never heard of parts being not remastered at all, I was going to spend some time with the games around the holidays. Now my anticipation is almost zero.
The game is still really great. Controls are smooth on the PS3 (though I had to flip the camera because the way they have it set up when it starts is horrible rofl), beautiful graphics, just as fun as it was before. This is horribly disappointing, but it's still worth playing. ;~;

Precursor Mar

It's just a secret ending, it has nothing to do with lazy, it's a FMV for the next games. I don't see how it's jarring.

It's jarring because compared to the beautiful HD cutscenes, the unremastered ones look horrible. Anything that isn't right in front of the screen looks blurry, hell even in the scene with Xemnas in KH2FM where he's just a few feet away I could barely see his face clearly. Blank Points looks especially bad due to the dark background which makes it look pixelated, add that to how it constantly shoves Aqua's low res model in your face the entire time (blech).

I'm just glad it's just a few scenes, otherwise this remaster would be a failure. For Square to work hard on updating BBSFM's visuals only to get lazy at the last minute is jaw-dropping.

BLANK POINTS ISN'T REMASTERED????????????????????

I thought it was just the Secret Episode that wasn't! :c

The gameplay portion as well as a scene or two from the Secret Episode were remastered. What's funny is that even though the BBSV2 teaser isn't remastered it still has Aqua's new model.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's jarring because compared to the beautiful HD cutscenes, the unremastered ones look horrible. Anything that isn't right in front of the screen looks blurry, hell even in the scene with Xemnas in KH2FM where he's just a few feet away I could barely see his face clearly. Blank Points looks especially bad due to the dark background which makes it look pixelated, add that to how it constantly shoves Aqua's low res model in your face the entire time (blech).

I'm just glad it's just a few scenes, otherwise this remaster would be a failure. For Square to work hard on updating BBSFM's visuals only to get lazy at the last minute is jaw-dropping.

The gameplay portion as well as a scene or two from the Secret Episode were remastered. What's funny is that even though the BBSV2 teaser isn't remastered it still has Aqua's new model.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HER LOW RES MODEL HAS THOSE FUCKING DUMB SHOULDERS ;~;

Xblade13

Awards
I'm sure the game is playable at least. From what I understand, it's just a problem of laziness on Square's part. Are there a lot of other problems with it too, or is it just the low-res scenes?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure the game is playable at least. From what I understand, it's just a problem of laziness on Square's part. Are there a lot of other problems with it too, or is it just the low-res scenes?
Missing textures for the models in KH2FM is a big complaint.

oApYDmV.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This doesn't surprise me, considering they didn't even bother update the cutscenes in the credits of the games. And considering some other of Square Enix ports that weren't given the HD treatment (Looks at Sleeping Dogs DLC for PS4/Xbox One) I'm not as upset as other people.

On the other hand, come on SE, it's one of the most important cutscenes in the game :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back