• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blank Points not remastered in HD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precursor Mar

All the secret endings in KH have been FMVs. It would be so weird for them to suddenly start rendering secret endings in real time.

That's because every other secret ending has been a pre rendered CGI cutscene. The Final and Secret Episodes don't have any scenes with those fancy graphics used for openings and endings.

it wasn't remastered in HD? wired i saw difference between psp and ps3 version the ps3 version look better?? but kinda sucks since its not remastered

You're talking about the cutscenes, right? The gameplay is still in HD.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
It's for the same reason that Re:CoM's cutscenes weren't remastered (as well as why Type-0 HD's major cutscenes won't be); they're pre-rendered FMVs.

axel95

Awards
Wow. As greatful as I am for the Re:Mixes, this is pathetic. Blank Points is one of my favorite moments in the Kingdom Hearts series. To not see it remastered shows how rushed 2.5 was.

Tetsujin

My question is why is Blank Points even a FMV in the first place? I get the one scene with the 1000 heartless, but the unremastered scenes in BBSFM don't even have more than three characters on screen at once. Did they run out of disc space on the original UMD or something?

Nothing to do with disc space as pre-rendered videos actually take up a lot more space than realtime cutscenes.

If I recall correctly, there's a lot of scenery changes in Blank Points. If it was realtime, it would have to load everytime the scenery changes. Maybe they didn't want to interrupt the flow of the scenes? It's the best I can come up with.

Xblade13 said:
Do any of the other secret endings have the same problem?

Technically, yes. Same with the opening or ending CG scenes. They too have been upscaled although they do look like they were at least higher resolution than SD to begin with (although definitely not 1080p). The fact they use a higher quality CG animation style doesn't make it as apparent however.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
blank points or bbsvol2 teaser. Because BBS vol2 teaser has been remastered.

I think it's more due to terrible bitrate to fit content on disc rather than the being upscaled

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Not surprised about either. Re:CoM's cutscene are all upscaled.

My question is why is Blank Points even a FMV in the first place? I get the one scene with the 1000 heartless, but the unremastered scenes in BBSFM don't even have more than three characters on screen at once. Did they run out of disc space on the original UMD or something?

The same reason they did it with Re:CoM. Space is not an issue, a video file is much bigger that the info to render on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back