• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Blinded (THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Kairi23

I can't stop thinking about how this is going to turn out! The suspense is killing me! I have a question. Is oh I forgot her name a little girl or the age of Sora. I always thought of her as alittle girl.

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Erm. . .Sometime Friday my time. I live in Alberta, Canada, and I go by Mountain Time, which is two hours behind Eastern Time. :)

I'm enjoying a day off from school today, so I have loads of time to work on the ficcy.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Day off from school DH? Kewlio. I had to endure a Friday the Thirteenth in purgatory, a.ka., MWMS. Blah. Area of a circle equals pi times r sqaured. Fascinating.

Incarerated, incarcerated, incarcerated...................How many damn times am I going to have to write that word?

Update ASAP!

Darkened Heart

Website
www.livejournal.com
Aha, you got your wish. Updating now!

Here you are, rabid fans - Chapter 8.

--

--Blinded--

--Chapter 8--

--by Darkened Heart--

--Introduction--

Riku can't sleep - his nightmare's come back.

--

Kairaishi set down her completed head to watch Riku, who was sleeping. He was clutching the covers and shaking his head from side to side, his mouth opening and closing as though he were speaking without words.

Once again, his nightmare, the one which caused him to kick off his covers, was haunting him.

He was bent double as his darkness came out of his mouth in a cloud form, coating the air around him. He felt weak, and fell to his knees. Without his darkness, there was room for that which he had sealed away to come back, and as it filled him again, he felt excrutiating pain.

He cried out as he caught a glimpse of his hand. A white, near-elbow length glove held together with metal buttons was upon it. It was horribly familiar.

Suddenly, he was out of his body, pushed to the side, unable to do anything as he watched Ansem stand up.

"I knew you weren't strong enough to hold me back, let alone erase me from your heart!" Ansem cried. And Riku had to watch as Ansem attacked everyone he held dear to him - his mother, his father, Sora, Kairi, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie.

Normally, the nightmare would end here, and Riku would wake up, his covers on the floor and cold sweat covering his body, but instead, Kairaishi appeared before Ansem. He swung at her, but the sword passed through her. With a serene smile, she grabbed his wrist. Ansem screamed in pain, a horrible, bloodcurdling yell, and disintegrated.

Kairaishi looked at Riku, and reached out for him. Sensing immediate danger, Riku began to run, but, as it always is in dreams, he ran too slowly, and she caught him. . .

"Oh God!" Riku sat up straight with this outburst. He buried his head in his hands and cried, with relief and fear, until he realised that he was being watched.

Kairaishi was sitting on her mattress in the same position that she had been in when he had gone to bed. She was carving the final piece of the doll - a wooden leg.

"Were you up all night?" Riku asked incredulously. What did he do when he was dreaming? Had she watched him, laughing as he possibly screamed and moaned and thrashed about?

"Yes." Kairaishi said. She rounded off the shoe of the leg and gathered all of the pieces into her arms. "I need screws."

Riku rolled his eyes. He got off his bed and threw the covers back on to it, glancing at the digital clock on his bedside table. 7:00 AM. He sighed and gathered some clothes, and left Kairaishi to sit and wait for him while he changed his clothes in the bathroom. While he did, he remembered last night. How she had controlled him for so long. It wasn't right!

But, really, he couldn't do anything about it, because then, she'd just control him some more! Maybe she'd chase him down, like she did in the nightmare. . .

He shuddered, and splashed his face with cold water to try and chase the memory out of his mind. He returned to his room and led Kairaishi down the stairs and into the kitchen, where he fished a box of screws from a hardware drawer.

"Thank you." she said innocently. Riku was beginning to get used to this, her innocence act after pushing him to the brink of uncontrollable rage.

"Are you going back to the island today?" she asked as she dumped the wooden body parts on the table. She picked two up and attached them, making sure that the joint bent a full 180 degrees without any chance of breaking before she moved on.

"No." Riku replied simply. He was going to spend the day on the main island with everyone else, watching and taking care of Namine.

"Will you be meeting Sora at all?" she asked.

"Maybe."

"I want to be able to give him his doll."

Riku didn't say anything, although he was sorely tempted to tell her that he didn't care what she wanted to do. Instead, he left her to work on putting together the doll. He needed to sit outside on the front stair and calm down.

"I need paint, too." Kairaishi said, stopping him in his tracks. He dragged his fingers down his face in frustration and turned to face her. Without saying a word, he almost threw open another drawer and pulled out a vibrant set of colours, which he tried not to slam beside the now diminished pile of wood.

"Thank you." she said.

Riku would have stomped out of the house, but his parents were presumably still sleeping, which also disallowed him the privilege of slamming the door. He sat, shoeless, on the single stair that connected his house to the small dirt walkway that led to the main road, which was also dirt. When one lived on a small island and everything was within walking distance, one didn't need paved roads.

A slight breeze cooled him down, both physically and mentally. He breathed deep, savouring the scent of island air. He wanted to call everyone, but it was too early, and they didn't have nightmares waking them up.

Maybe he'd visit Namine himself.

--

Namine lay in her bed, Sora having pulled the covers over her limp form. She looked as though she were asleep, and to anyone that hadn't been present last night, she was.

But in reality, she was trapped in her own mind, replaying the same horrifying events and having no power to stop them.

She stood at a fork in the road. One path, on her right, lead to sakura trees in full bloom and butterflies flitting around in the warm sunshine. The other path, on her left, wound ominously through dead trees, with crows and ravens cawing for the clouds to part. She felt strangely pulled towards the darker one, even though she could sense danger. But this was Kairaishi's heart, and she had to go where she was pulled. She had never gone against her instincts.

Namine took the left-handed path. The moment she stepped over the threshold, she felt cold, alone, and frightened. The atmosphere of the heart would penetrate her, so that she felt what the person was feeling. Even in Sora, the paths had been similar. She hadn't taken the darker road then, however - Kairi was part of his light.

As she walked, the ravens watched her pass their perches, daring her to come closer. She stuck to the very middle of the path. Dead branches crunched underfoot as she made her way, rather quickly, through the woods to her goal: the dark part of Kairaishi's heart.

She heard rustling behind her. Was something following her? She decided that she would listen for it, and continued.

A door loomed up in front of her. Its metal frame was rusted and the wood was dark and rotting. A large keyhole was in the middle of the door, also metal and rusting. Chains were wrapped around the door, and seemed to have originated from the keyhole. Unlike the rest of the door, these chains were brand-new.

Namine reached for the chains, assuming that, as they had in the past, the chains would magically disintegrate, allowing her to find what she needed.

But as her fingers brushed the cold metal, a blood-curdling shriek came from behind her. Namine whipped around to see a large, black monster barelling down the path towards her. She ran for the trees, and a bittersweet refuge from her attacker. Instead of the black thing destroying the door, it passed straight through it.

Cautiously, Namine approached the door again. As she stepped back onto the path, rapid footsteps approached her. Ansem was walking down the path with a purpose.

What was Ansem doing in Kairaishi's heart? He only existed in Riku. What did it mean, Ansem being present here?

He passed her, and walked through the door much as the monster had.

Convinced that she was safe, Namine turned to the door again, and quickly grabbed the chains, expecting them to break apart and the door to swing wide, allowing her entry. However, a screaming Kairaishi flew out of the keyhole, reaching for Namine's face.

"GET OUT!"

--

Riku quietly opened the door. He hadn't bothered to go back into the house and put his shoes on, and so had walked down the roads in his bare feet. He wiped them on the mat in the entranceway and walked down the hall.

The only sound was the padding of his feet on the soft, dark blue carpet of Namine's home. As he came upon the entrance to her room, he paused.

Namine's arms had been laid carefully by her sides. She looked so peaceful, but her shallow breathing told of an unnatural sleep.

He had come with the intention of telling her that he was sorry. But what was the point of that if she couldn't even hear him? How did he know that she even felt his presence? If even her powers had been dimmed by whatever she had experienced, then any visits were futile.

But he decided to go in anyway. Someone had pulled a small, simple, wooden chair into the room. Riku grabbed the back of it and spun it on one leg expertly, and sat on it backwards, with his arms resting on the back of the chair, and his head resting on his arms.

"Hey, Riku."

Riku nearly cried out with the sudden adrenaline rush brought on by being surprised. He hadn't heard the door open or close, or the sound of someone walking down the hall.

He turned around. Sora was standing in the doorway, with Kairaishi just behind him. He was holding the finished doll in one hand. It was nearly identical down to the last detail.

"Hey." Riku said.

Kairaishi squeezed past Sora and knelt beside Riku. Keeping one hand clasped firmly on her doll, she brushed Namine's bangs from her face.

"It's not your fault." she said softly. Riku didn't respond. The last thing he wanted were condolences from Kairaishi.

"Why would you think it's your fault, Riku?" Sora asked.

"Because I asked her to do it. I made her do it." he wanted badly to start yelling about how he had made the deal with Namine to go into Kairaishi's heart, but Kairaishi was, of course, right there beside him.

"No." Kairaishi said. "She chose to do it. She had every right to refuse, but she still did it. You should not blame yourself."

Although Riku couldn't see it, Sora nodded in agreement. There was a moment of silence, then Kairaishi stood.

"Enjoy the doll." she said to Sora as she left the house. The two could hear her footsteps and the sound of the door closing.

Right then, Sora remembered why he had come with Kairaishi, and his forehead creased with worry. Should he tell Riku? It would be betraying their friendship if he didn't, but if he did, Riku might be mad, and the friendship with Wakka and the others would be betrayed. With a resolute nod, he decided that they had never sworn him to secrecy, so he had every right to tell Riku what he needed to know.

"Riku. . ." he began. "The others. . .They don't trust you anymore."

Riku smiled sadly as he remembered how Wakka had looked at him. Of course he would have told the others. Now they all thought that Kairaishi had absolute control over him. But wait - Sora had said 'the others'. He still trusted him, even though he had betrayed that trust multiple times while he was stupidly engaged with the Heartless.

"I didn't think they would." he said. "Everytime she catches my eye, I can't control what I do. I'm aware of everything that's going on, but I can't do anything about it."

"You're my friend, Riku." Sora said. He brought his doll up to rest on the bed, and stuck out his tongue as he tried to get the hang of the wooden cross that controlled the doll's movements. "Friends don't abandon each other, no matter what happened in the past."

"Yeah." Riku agreed. After a pause, he turned to Sora, who had managed to get the doll to dance a very stupid looking jig on the blanket.

"Sora. . ." he said.

"Yeah?"

"About before. . .I'm sorry." Riku had to blink to keep the tears away that were threatening to show themselves.

Sora smiled at Riku. The doll managed to trip itself while Sora was distracted.

"It's OK. We're all together again. That's all that matters."

--Extroduction--

My fanfics are usually only eight chapters long. This just shows that I'm putting alot of detail work into this fic. You people had better appreciate that I'm working so hard for your entertainment!!

If it weren't for my love of KH. . .THIS WOULD BE THE LAST CHAPTER!

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
AWESOME!!!!!!!! This is really my lucky day, haha. And guess what?! I am now about to go post the first chapter of MY fic, which has finally been completed. WHEEEEEEEEE! If anyone wants to come and read, it's called 'Whispers of Destiny'. Or you can just come to laugh at it. ;)

DH, that whole part with Namine was definitely the coolest part of your fic so far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back