• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blindfolded Riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiei-chan

d i a m o n d s
i was wonderin why riku was were a blindfold, torwards the end of the game king mickey said it was because" his eyes couldnt lie,"lie to wat exactly, i heard it was because he was blinded by the light of kingdom hearts but i was wonderin why was he wearing it

gbr1rbg

Website
www.myspace.com
he said it was so his eye couldent lie. sora thin said "u dont have to lie to us riku". Thin Riku said "it was to stop me from lieing to myself". not exact words but same meaning

Neverfate

Yeah, it was mostly metaphorical (and to some degree stylisitic). It's basically been explained in other posts, and if you still don't understand it, it's not really all that important to the major plot so don't worry.

Hiei-chan

d i a m o n d s
ok it was just buggin me, an way did he have to lie to himself was it because i opened his heart darkness

RikusGirl55

basically i remember someone saying that after he was posessed by "ansem" (dont want to spoil anything) and turned dark that he learned to embrace the darkness and so in order to remember that he is still dark he wears the blindfold because if he doesn't he lies to himself..i suppose he begins to forget that he is dark if he doesn't wear it

Yanos_Darkspawn

The reason is that when Riku accepted the darkness, his eyes were the first part of him that started to look like Xehanort, changing their natural color to Xehanort's orange. He decided to wear a blindfold to hide this from others and from himself, since he probably didn't like to know that he was changing

Kunoke

^ What he said. He didn't want to let Xehanorts heartless take over again, so he made it easier for him to fight for control by not having to see that Xehanort's heartless was still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back