• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bloc Party

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
I've been listening to these guys a lot more, and I've found that I can enjoy their music a lot more once I understand their concepts. They're a four-piece "indie" rock band, but they put emphasis on all of the instruments being used in equal amounts, though not necessarily at the same time, whereas a lot of other bands put an emphasis on the guitar.

Here's a better explanation. ------>Here's Yo' Explanation, Mafucka.

ANYWAYS, discuss this band, from Silent Alarm to Intimacy.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
the guitar work in helicopter is pretty slick.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I've only heard one song from them: Signs.

Which I happened to love very much.

Over time Intimacy has grown into my favorite Bloc Party album. Ion Square is just the best thing they've done, period.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
I like Waiting for the 7:18, as indicated by my signature + location at this current time, Banquet, Halo, Trojan Horse, and The Pioneers. Those are my favourites, at least. I can listen to any Bloc Party song, and find myself enjoying what they're doing without wanting to switch to another track, which is (personally) a very rare thing.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Great band IMO, hah I think there is something a bit wrong with Reflections reply.

Yeah my favorite album was probably a weekend in the city, especially after listening to Intimacy. Reason for this is I loved the rock feel that Silent Alarm had as well as the sort of electro sounding influence Intimacy had, then I was listening to Weekend in the City and it is pretty much a combination of the two.

Kele Okereke has a fantastic voice. One of my favorites in music, though I don't exactly agree with his views on music and the music industry//media in general.

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
I love Kele's voice. Fucking fantastic.

I pretty much have EVERYTHING of theirs.

Some of my favs:

Helicopter, Sunday, Flux, Hunting for Witches, Biko, Ion Square, Emma Kate, and the Once and Future King.

Bloc party is just so original. No one sounds like them <3

Faris

Perfect Harmony
wat i do wrong

Oh just mercury is quite a new bloc party song :3

Has anyone seen the live and intimate sessions? I found them a while back on youtube. They're the live in studio clips of some of the songs on intimacy. A Letter To My Son is easily the best of them. God I love that song.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Kele Okereke has a fantastic voice. One of my favorites in music, though I don't exactly agree with his views on music and the music industry//media in general.

Hmmm, what's this about? I don't know anything about it, but it sounds interesting.

I know a lot of people dislike Intimacy, and I agree it's not their best, but still a good album overall. There were less stand-out tracks on it though.

I wonder what's next for them...

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Hmmm, what's this about? I don't know anything about it, but it sounds interesting.

I know a lot of people dislike Intimacy, and I agree it's not their best, but still a good album overall. There were less stand-out tracks on it though.

I wonder what's next for them...

Just in a few interviews he has shown a dislike to sort of how the music industry is shaping and how its some what no longer about the music, the usual sort of stuff really. I actually think I may have worded that a bit badly though cause what I mearn't to say was I wasn't really a fan of his views of specifically the media in music. He has shown even more distaste for journalists etc asking about his actual life which is fare and all, but his argument was it takes away from the music. From my point of view I think we already know the music I means its Bloc Party but we don't know the musicians, I think people just want to know a bit more about the people behind the sound. I don't know though that might have just been his way of saying "I don't want to talk about my personal life" which is fine, but if its just because it apparently takes away from the music that's where I begin to disagree.

Yeah Its been a while since Intimacy came out I wonder whats in store? It was nearly 2 years since I saw them on their latest Australian tour, I wonder if they are recording?

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Really? I will definitely keep an ear out for that. Would love to see what Bloc Party's new direction will be like. I'm hoping a sort of return to Silent Alarm with a bit more dance rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back