• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blue Bomber!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Hello everyone, long time no see (if you have seen me before, that is)!

I just drew an artwork for a collage in the hope of encouraging and appreciating the US branch of Capcom, Capcom-Unity. While this thread has nothing to do with that collage, I would like to share my artwork with you guys. So let's see how bad I drew...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I drew it using pencil (anyone would...), but colored it with POSTER COLORS. I don't have any experience in drawing and coloring digitally, so that was the best I could do. Meh, part of it actually exceeded my expectation because I thought it was impossible to do with poster colors.

It was done in a hurry, so there are some flaws. His right arm looks a bit dislocated, and there are flaws here and there. So...

COME. Bombard me with your criticisms.

Edit: If you're also interested in how I drew years ago, you can visit this thread. No, not advertising...

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well, my main critique of this is your forced perspective. The elongation is waaaay out of control for how tall he actually is. If you were to pan out, he'd be nearly fifteen feet tall. It's not a bad drawing by any means, but your anatomy definitely needs work, but that's where I'm at myself, and it's difficult.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
Yep, it's hard to control. In my imagination, his legs aren't fully visible, but when I drew him, it just turned out like that. By the way, I tend to admire Obata-sensei's work. Here's an example for the high angle view by him:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Looks neat, yeah?

Anyway, thanks for your critique! I'll keep practicing ;).

Shasta

Awards
I definitely have to agree with what Nutari said.

Here's something that could maybe help you out next time? You could draw a square in the angle you want your perspective to be in, and use that to your better judgment.

You definitely get points for drawing Volnutt (he's my favorite Megaman of the bunch)

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
Hi Shasta!

Yes, I did draw a square-like thing. Wide at the top but getting narrower at the bottom, right? And I drew simple shapes for proportion judgement as well. Since this is the first time I drew using this view, I had referred to some sources. But the final work just looked weird (I guess it was because of Volnutt's strangely large armor), so I decided to extend his legs, and as a result... haha. I just couldn't accept the fact that his legs became so small according to my square. Thank you, I'll surely work harder!

Glad to know that you like him too! Well, you could just assume that he has grown super tall after all these years staying in Elysium xD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back