• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Body, Heart and Soul

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Twilight

After reading alot of refrences in KH, KH:CoM and snippets here and there, I think I've figured out the deal with shells, hearts and whatnot. Feel free to comment on it.

In the world of Kingdom Hearts, a person (or being capable of intelligent thought) consists of three major parts: A body, a soul, and a heart.

Body- Simply put, the body is the vessel in which the body and soul are contained and sustained. Without it, you will surely perish.

Soul- This is a person's spirit. It is the embodiment of thought, personality and ambition/desire. It is the core of those things which make a person who they are.

Heart- Possibly the most complex part of a person, it consists of a person's emotions, inner strength and memories, and is both an anchor to the world and a powerful energy source. It also controlls your ability to distinguish good and evil.

However, it must be noted that the heart is not the single most important part of a person. If you lose your heart, your body and soul sent to a place between worlds, but your heart sinks into darkness, forgetting everything. You can continue living, but you are reduced to a life without emotion, without any memories but basic ones (aka, no memories from the heart). Without a heart, you are reduced to a half-life, consisting of merly a body and a soul. This half life is commonly refered to as a shell. If a heart is recovered, it is possible to revive a shell back into a normal being.

Since shells are lacking hearts, they know neither good nor evil, light nor dark. However, since their souls remain, they are often ambitious, or at least the ones we have seen were. As we already know, every member of the XIII Organisation are/were shells- Yes, even Axel. Also, to losely quote that same infamous member: "We're nobodies... when we die, we become nothing."

With this information, it is clear to see one simple thing- BHK is not Sora's shell!! To have a shell, Sora would have had to have lost his heart permamently. In saying shells are sent to the world-inbetween, I don't mean that normal beings with hearts cannot live there also. Ansem said himself that to wield a Keyblade, you must have a powerful heart. Therefore, BHK must have a heart. Ipso Factso.

I might add more later. Feel free to express your opinion.

emerald keyberer

Website
www.myspace.com
Interesting, I think your right, but if bhk is not sora's shell than what is he. Simply the other side of Sora's heart, that's why Vexen was able to conjour the twighlight town card. So BHK has existed all along and was not created when Sora was turned into a heartless. And the only reason were hearing about him now is because the concept of another side to a heart was only just introduced in CoM. He has all of the parts you mentioned then. And the quote, another side another story, how do you think this relates to the BHK and does everyone have another side, like is it possible that Namine' is the other side of Kairi's heart, or is Sora the only one? So many questions, so much speculation.

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Amazing......simply put.

I have much respect for you, even though I have not seen you before hand...

Good work, and I beleive that everything you said is true...you've certainly done your research

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
Jacob Twilight said:
After reading alot of refrences in KH, KH:CoM and snippets here and there, I think I've figured out the deal with shells, hearts and whatnot. Feel free to comment on it.

In the world of Kingdom Hearts, a person (or being capable of intelligent thought) consists of three major parts: A body, a soul, and a heart.

Body- Simply put, the body is the vessel in which the body and soul are contained and sustained. Without it, you will surely perish.

Soul- This is a person's spirit. It is the embodiment of thought, personality and ambition/desire. It is the core of those things which make a person who they are.

Heart- Possibly the most complex part of a person, it consists of a person's emotions, inner strength and memories, and is both an anchor to the world and a powerful energy source. It also controlls your ability to distinguish good and evil.

However, it must be noted that the heart is not the single most important part of a person. If you lose your heart, your body and soul sent to a place between worlds, but your heart sinks into darkness, forgetting everything. You can continue living, but you are reduced to a life without emotion, without any memories but basic ones (aka, no memories from the heart). Without a heart, you are reduced to a half-life, consisting of merly a body and a soul. This half life is commonly refered to as a shell. If a heart is recovered, it is possible to revive a shell back into a normal being.

Since shells are lacking hearts, they know neither good nor evil, light nor dark. However, since their souls remain, they are often ambitious, or at least the ones we have seen were. As we already know, every member of the XIII Organisation are/were shells- Yes, even Axel. Also, to losely quote that same infamous member: "We're nobodies... when we die, we become nothing."

With this information, it is clear to see one simple thing- BHK is not Sora's shell!! To have a shell, Sora would have had to have lost his heart permamently. In saying shells are sent to the world-inbetween, I don't mean that normal beings with hearts cannot live there also. Ansem said himself that to wield a Keyblade, you must have a powerful heart. Therefore, BHK must have a heart. Ipso Factso.

that was amazing...................especially for your first post in the kh2 section

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
Yup, good job, Jacob, you were able to very clearly define the terms.

I agree with most you say, except some small parts.

You say:
If you lose your heart, your body and soul sent to a place between worlds, but your heart sinks into darkness, forgetting everything.

I think it is possible to lose your heart, without that it sinks into darkness. I believe it is possible for every strong heart to seperate from it's soul and body and the heart stays or becomes purer what it is. In Ansems case it was darkness, in anothers it might not.

My theory as stated in some other threads is that Sora is actually such a heart, but he doesn't know that (anymore perhaps) and BHK is as you call it Sora's shell. You might say now, why can BHK wield keyblades?

During CoM and the sleep in the pod, Sora starts to remember his body and soul in the world-in-between (which I call the real world in contrast to the fantasy world of KH1). By this also BHK starts to remember Sora and his heart/memories and both start to become one again. Therefore BHK's awakening.

The reason why BHK is able to wield two keyblades is because if a person has become aware of the situation and relations between B+H+S, he then becomes even stronger.

There is a whole theory behind it very long (more than 6 pages in word) and I posted them somewhere else, so I won't repeat every detail here.

Keep on the good work

Limit Break

Not too much of a "theory" but it does state what Kingdom Hearts' storyline background upholds. You just stated it in a way that the game really couldn't. Hence, the reason for so many people's confusion of the storyline. Nonetheless, you have achieved to state what many couldn't.

biglipsxi

WhO u ThAnK u DeAliN wIt
many ppl have siad that bhk is not sora's shell and i belive that but namine tld bhk that he is a non-exsitant-one
Naminé: Castle Oblivion room: "You... You really do not exist..."
In the place of the Awakening, with BHK and the gigantic Nobody.
Namine (voice): You're... you're not meant to exist, really.
therefore bhk must be a shell .......... sora must've had a strong enough heart to regain it back
In the place where Sora is sleeping in Castle Oblivion, BHK appears where DiZ is standing.
DiZ: Welcome, one chosen by the Keyblade...
BHK: Are you talking to me or to Sora?
what could this mean r u tlking to me or 2 sora? EXCELLENT THEORY
*claps*

Last edited:

8-Ball

You filthy old soomka!
Website
www.myspace.com
Jacob Twilight said:

Wow, Jacob that has to be the greates theory i have seen in a long time, good job on research. I wouldnt have the patience to go threw both KH and CoM and look at some trailers to put this all together. You have done something that makes me give u alot of respect.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
It wasn't theory you've written, but facts with pretty words.
You can never go wrong with facts. You've gained yet another admirer.
Some of it was original thought, so like everyone else says...Good Job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back