• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bosses you would redesign

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
Which boss in each KH game would you like to see redesigned in terms of its behavior and mechanics?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sorcerer Jafar and Genie Jafar in KH1. Aladdin has one of the best battle climaxes, and they didn't translate that at all. Jafar moves soooo slow, whereas in the film he moves and acts very fast. He essentially took out almost the entire group (Jasmine in an hourglass, Abu into a toy, Carpet unraveled) in 30 seconds.

And it's not like they weren't capable of better, considering they're the worst bosses in KH1 to me. Compare them to Giant Ursula, Dragon Maleficent, Cerberus, Hades, etc. Pot Centipede and the Cave of Wonders were both more challenging than him.

Willow A113

Awards
Sorcerer Jafar and Genie Jafar in KH1. Aladdin has one of the best battle climaxes, and they didn't translate that at all. Jafar moves soooo slow, whereas in the film he moves and acts very fast. He essentially took out almost the entire group (Jasmine in an hourglass, Abu into a toy, Carpet unraveled) in 30 seconds.

And it's not like they weren't capable of better, considering they're the worst bosses in KH1 to me. Compare them to Giant Ursula, Dragon Maleficent, Cerberus, Hades, etc. Pot Centipede and the Cave of Wonders were both more challenging than him.
I wanted to fight snake jafar. Still do.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
When a short fight in a back alley in RE:Coded is the best Jafar boss battle to date, you dun goofed.

GreyouTT

Awards
Mysterious Figure: I would make him less random (e.g. he can only use these attack in phase 1, phase 2, etc.) and more of his attacks blockable.

I would also take out any boss attack that requires me to do the X/O mini game in the command menu. Seriously I have more trouble with it in the HD collections than I ever had on the PS2. I even went back to try the Luxord one on Vanilla and I did it in one try compared to my several failed attempts in 2.5. I'm gonna guess input lag on HD TVs have something to do with it.

PrettyGuard

Awards
Data Xigbar coz' he's the hardest without logic, you just have to spam reflect to win.

Grey Skies

Awards
I would change the big ol' fire and ice heartless bosses in KH2. I'm pretty sure no player has ever lost to them. They look weak and they are weak. Maybe they should have added a thunder boss too. Maybe then it wouldn't feel like smashing scenery.

I would change the Xemnas throne fights to be more traditional. I want him to stand up and fight in a decently sized arena so it's not just a game of beatin' up a guy who's on the toilet. That's not very fun. The music was 150% awesome, though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Spellican could use tweaks. It's takes too long to get close enough to hit him during rail grinding part.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Clawbsters in DDD were a disaster. The level design for both is ridiculous and unwieldy, doesn’t play off flowmotion well at all and yet you’re required to use it to win, they’re overpowered for that point in the game, take way too long (which involves added frustration due to dropping mid-battle multiple times), and I have had to start over more than once because of messing up that stupid Monstro minigame at the end of Sora’s lol

Smithee

Awards
As much as I like Luxord and his abilities, his element itself (Time) is too obscure compared to the other members'. And what we do see of it, a time limit, isn't even exclusive to him (e.g. — Demyx's Water Forms, and Marluxia's Doom).
If nothing else, I'd have one of his traps/penalties be Stop.

magic713

Awards
This goes in hand with my idea of having Zexion being the final boss for Riku. Since his skill is illusion, it would be a two part battle, where first he uses illusion and Riku has to refight each boss in the world, but each boss has one bar of HP. Then fighting Zexion, himself. Instead of Zexion simply stealing cards, his attacks create Riku duplicates, who attack, and Riku has to locate and destroy the book before attacking Zexion, himself, whose stunned after the book is destroyed.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
I think we can agree that the Disney bosses in this series are....less than average. Some are good, some are meh...most are just...no. Someone already went into detail on how Jafar REALLY needed to be redesigned for his 'phenomenal cosmic powers' to be realized. But there...is another.

There is NO Disney boss in the entirety of this goddamn series that got an ABYSMALLY HORRID DOWNGRADE equally to one of the BLANDEST Disney bosses in the series....than this guy.

Profile_-_Chernabog.jpg

If ANY Disney fight needs a MASSIVE redesign, it be him. And it's such a shame because his DDD fight has such...good scenery. It had so much potential and it was WASTED.

magic713

Awards
I think we can agree that the Disney bosses in this series are....less than average. Some are good, some are meh...most are just...no. Someone already went into detail on how Jafar REALLY needed to be redesigned for his 'phenomenal cosmic powers' to be realized. But there...is another.

There is NO Disney boss in the entirety of this goddamn series that got an ABYSMALLY HORRID DOWNGRADE equally to one of the BLANDEST Disney bosses in the series....than this guy.

View attachment 14189

If ANY Disney fight needs a MASSIVE redesign, it be him. And it's such a shame because his DDD fight has such...good scenery. It had so much potential and it was WASTED.
I liked his fight in KHI. I can't speak for DDD since I haven't tried it yet, but I enjoy the challenge from the first game

Awards
Genie Jafar in II, it's better than it was in the first game but that's not saying much, he's basically a large punching bag; I don't think I remember what any of his attacks look like or do.

Back