• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Both collections) How many of you...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
... didn't watch the cutscene movies for Days and Re:Coded and don't plan on watching them?

I know I didn't.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Same here lmao

I might eventually watch them for trophies but i don't have the time to rewatch a story i know, playing them is a little different but there are better things i can watch than an awkwardly animated and written movie.

Kaweebo

Awards
I watched them both, though the only one I'd recommend is 358. The voice-actors in Coded, particularly the guy who plays Mickey and Haley Joel had to really try to make the stuff they were saying sound interesting. It works fine in text but trying to have actual voice-acting just does not work.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hated 358 but loved Re:coded. I don't see why anybody wouldn't watch them, though. You can have it playing in the background while you do something else.

Also Re:coded's got some fantastic animation (expect when Sora fight data bugs. That's boring as shit.)

Anagram

Banned
Watched them, found Days to still be a waste of time, found Coded to be amusing in spurts.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Days was incredibly boring and plot is still confusing as it was in the game (Even my dad hates it, and he doesn't know a thing about KH lol). Re:Coded was actually enjoyable, except for the Castle Oblivion segment.

Hirokey123

Awards
I watched them both (paid the money might as well do it) but Days's movie just made me want to go play the game (which I did and had a grand time) with how much they cut out. In contrast Re:Coded's movie fixed some of the story issue but at the end of the day it's still a non-sensical rehash of KH1 three times. Re:Coded's format was better for a movie but the movie pretty much just reminded me why I hate Re:Coded.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I watched them both, because I'm a nerd and I have no life. I particularly enjoyed Data Riku's and Sora's interactions in the Re:Coded movie.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just played them in the background for the trophies. As a self respecting Days fan, I would never watch that piece of abridged thrash.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The Re:Coded one actually added a few bits of dialogue that answered a few questions the game didn't, and as a story it was solid - but if you don't care about the story then no, I could see why you wouldn't watch them.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I just played them in the background for the trophies. As a self respecting Days fan, I would never watch that piece of abridged thrash.
Oh yeah, I got kind of mad when they cut out gems like "Why do look at me like I just drowned your goldfish," "Roxas, that's a stick," and Axel's entire conversation about complicated girls. One of the best things about Days was the localization team's job with the dialogue, and the movie did kind of butcher it...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think it's because the voice acting is really really bad, since everyone records separately. I can't get into it because the actors can't get into it. I tried watching both and ended up closing them to play KH1/KH2, lol

Pestilence

Awards
I watched them both and unsurprisingly they were total garbage.

But to be fair, to make something like Coded into a good ''movie'' is impossible task unless heavily reworked.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh yeah, I got kind of mad when they cut out gems like "Why do look at me like I just drowned your goldfish," "Roxas, that's a stick," and Axel's entire conversation about complicated girls. One of the best things about Days was the localization team's job with the dialogue, and the movie did kind of butcher it...

And that is the main reason why I hate the Days movie. Also cut out the really important scenes near the end of Days like FIGHTING SAIX.

I think it's because the voice acting is really really bad, since everyone records separately. I can't get into it because the actors can't get into it. I tried watching both and ended up closing them to play KH1/KH2, lol

They do their best with what they are given (and forced to do), especially Jesse McCartney who remains to be the best character voice actor. I think it is easier to ignore if you aren't trying to focus on their voices. Days and Re:coded are hardly as awkward sounding as Re:CoM or BBS, though.

Recording separately is pretty standard in video games except in very rare cases and there have been plenty of phenomenal dubs made so I don't really buy that reasoning (though I agree that the games recorded together sound infinitely better like TLOU)

The blame would be better placed on the voice direction considering they have the Japanese voice director directing. It will always sound unnatural when they don't let English-speaking directors handle English language dub work who can push a more natural performance out of the voice actors. Not to mention Japanese has different verbal nuances that just don't work in English, and vice versa.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I watched them both when I first bought each collection (although I admit I was cleaning my bedroom during Days), but I couldn't force myself to do it again. Days' movie was worse.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I watched them. And I still like the Coded-Movie more than Days~

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I watched both of them. Was sad to see some of the good an important scenes in Days were cut, but I still managed to enjoy the movie. I watched Re: Coded first before playing any of the games in 2.5. It was a new adventure for me and I really enjoyed it. I kinda wish that I had not watched the new secret ending when the collection released in Japan, it would have been a nice surprise.

Speaking about the voice direction, it worries me a little. I read an interview from Ben Diskin (I think he answered questions on Reddit) from KH13, and it was kinda confusing. The only voice directing he got was to try and sound similar to the guy doing the Japanese version. He got no directions like: "Hey, this is the main villain before and is a bit younger, so try to sound more younger", but just... make your voice similar to that other guy.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And that is the main reason why I hate the Days movie. Also cut out the really important scenes near the end of Days like FIGHTING SAIX.

Y'know what irks me much more about the Days movie in terms of stuff they left out? The whole scene in the last Agrabah mission where Roxas places the "devices" and where his confusion and emotional pain comes truly to light.
In terms of story importance and character portrayal, that one is arguably even more important than the whole Saix fight (which was in the end nothing more than a glorified beat up the doorman and leave scenario).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back