• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braig: The Mastermind?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonidus

(Yes, there is a similar topic present but I felt this could deserve its own thread. If not, move it.)

I had this idea for a while: What if Braig turns out to be the mastermind? The grand villain of it all?

Sure, before Terranort-losing-memory became a thing, Xehanort was the puppet master. Still, given the character of Braig I can't help but wonder that maybe there is more to him than just being the "number 2," that he is going along with the whole helping/becoming Xehanort stuff just to fulfill his own thing and then betraying Xehanort in the crucial moment.

It would be a pretty sweet story twist and could make some sense given how he could have manipulated Terranort in some way when he lost his memory. What I am thinking is something along these lines:

Braig was an apprentice of Ansem like the rest of the 2-6 Org. team but wasn't really satisfied for a while as he, maybe, wanted more power or whatnot. Then, an opportunity came. A man (Xehanort) from another world promised him that power if he goes along with his plan. Braig, at first knowing no better, joins Xehanort's scheme. But as time went on and as he was given access to other worlds (and thus given a better understanding of how the universe works) Braig wonders if he could step away from or use Xehanort to his own advantage.

Then, a golden opportunity came: Terranort loses his memory after the fight with Aqua. He was aware of the bigger picture of Xehanorts plan but now that his master lost his memory he might have planted the seeds behind the scene while also appearing to help Xehanort with his original ideas. The unexpected part was when Terranort attacked him in the MCP room and began the first step of the formation of the Organization, the thirteen darknesses. Still, given how the Organization was a group of people who all had their little secret agendas, Braig decides not to panic and set his seeds further. Then, the curtain falls in the deciding moment when the Keyblade War begins and Braig begins to fulfill his plans.

If my "theory" is somewhat accurate, the main questions would obviously be:
1.What does he gain by fusing with Xehanort?
2.What is his true goal?

I thought about it a little and the answers may be a bit convoluted. The idea is:
Braig wants power. The most powerful weapon in the world is the Keyblade. The ultimate keyblade is the X-Blade. By fusing with Xehanort he gains the access to the Keyblade and also to the pretty big power Xehanort wields. But he also learns of a way to surpress Xehanort's personality and keep his mental state his own. Thus, betray Xehanort, get the X-Blade = win.

khandbz

If thats the case what about isa?Or Xigbar they could have different motives too....:confused:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
NO! NO MORE VILLAIN FLIP-FLOPPING!!!

*flips a table and punches a kitten*

...ahem.

I-I think Xehanort will remain the true villain. This saga is kind of, sort of named after him.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
NONONONONONOYESYESYESYESYESNONONONONOYESYESYESYESYESYEAARRGGHH!!!!

I don't want a twist to this. I just don't.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, I think I'll pass. While the theory sounds interesting, we're already too far into the series to have another bigger-bad.

Let's look at KH1. At first, we thought that Maleficent was the big boss, but it turned out that she was being manipulated by Ansem SoD into gathering the seven PoH. And then there's KH2. With DDD entering the fray last year, we know that Xemnas, the leader of the Nobodies, was only working for Master Xehanort.

Everything bad so far in the series ultimately traces back to MX. He had already established too much presence and gravitas to simply be yet a pawn in someone else's hidden agenda. In addition, if he really were, you'd think the manipulator would've just gotten sick with how many times Xehanort's plans had backfired and ditched him.

Pulling the Xehanort-being-a-chess-piece card for KH3 won't be the best of ideas.

Antar

Awards
Sounds interesting and could make sense, too. But like the others have said, I hope that's no the case. I just really like Master Xehanort as a character, I think he is really well made with the perfect voice actor and look. Briag doesn't have that "master villain" feel to him. I don't want "Robin" to become "Batman". He fits perfect as a side kick.

Gram

Banned
Awards
NO! NO MORE VILLAIN FLIP-FLOPPING!!!

*flips a table and punches a kitten*

...ahem.

I-I think Xehanort will remain the true villain. This saga is kind of, sort of named after him.

This!!!^ (╬ ಠ益ಠ) *punches two kittens*

It also depends if Xehanort truly lost his memory or not, the opening of DDD kinda called it into question.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
This!!!^ (╬ ಠ益ಠ) *punches two kittens*

It also depends if Xehanort truly lost his memory or not, the opening of DDD kinda called it into question.

Would you please just give me the kittens so I can treat them with love and not as punching bags? >_<

Anyway, I think Apprentice Xehanort might have lost his memory when he was found by Ansem the Wise, because probably Terra's heart still resisted. Over time, MX's grasp became stronger, and slowly took control, thus enabling him to gain access to the memories of MX, his former self, of his plans.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Would you please just give me the kittens so I can treat them with love and not as punching bags? >_<

Anyway, I think Apprentice Xehanort might have lost his memory when he was found by Ansem the Wise, because probably Terra's heart still resisted. Over time, MX's grasp became stronger, and slowly took control, thus enabling him to gain access to the memories of MX, his former self, of his plans.

It is possible he regained them as he went, after all the first subject of the experiments on darkness was Xehanort himself.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Briags been defested 4 times by protaganists if he was the grandvillain, it would be unsatisffying

Samhain

Bronze Member
That is a horrendous idea OP
first, that is just plain stupid if they put Braig as the real mastermind. Second, that would be so overused by now, and the series won't end well. Third Xehanort is the mastermind right now. Braig is nothing more than a puppet who Is turning into Xehanort.

And we don't know 100% if Xehanort really did lose his memory. Braig sure as hell didn't know because he kept asking him. As a matter of fact Braig thought that was part of the plan when he smirked/chuckled when Xehanort was picked up by AtW.

Bad idea. Sorry to be harsh.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd expect the unexpected for KH3's story but Braig's being the main villain is kinda... uh, he doesn't have clear motive for being that.

If anything his clear cut motive is to be a subordinate it seems. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back