• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braska's Final Aeon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasingdusk

I am tearing my hair out over this last boss. School has started and I had promised myself that I would finish FFX b/4 school started. Looks like I broke that promise. Anyway, does anybody out there have an explanation on how to beat this boss? My Tidus has quick hit, Yuna has Holy, Lulu has doublecast, 3rd level spells, and Flare, my Auron is pretty strong, my wakka...not so much...my kimarhi is pathetic (I have like 29 sphere levels to go with him, but i don't know where to take him!) and Rikku is pretty strong also. I don't have any of those extra aeons.

So, somebody, anybody have an easy way to beat this boss? Thanks!

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
kbmaster - Spam. He said he didn't have them - and he wanted the boss defeated as soon as possible.

JakeBlade - Spam, just repeating. Don't do it.

As for defeating him - I couldn't say, the only time I have been able to defeat him is 3 or 4 years ago, when I first got the game. I don't remember how, I don't remember the ending scene, I had no extra weapons, no extra Aeons, and I hadn't use a guide.

Whereas now I can never even reach him. With all the extra crap. =\

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope this helps but here's the strategy I used without the extra aeons when I beat the game the first time.

Get all aeons overdrive meter full but don't use it, withdraw them from the battle. Also, fill up Yuna's ovverdrive meter. Afterwards, set your party. I sugguest Yuna, Tidus, and Auron for your first fight against him because Yuna would heal, you can do it anyway, but you'll need Yuna for this strategy to work. Okay, enter the battle. DO NOT USE Yuna's or the Aeon's overdrive on him. Instead, for the first battle, use those with high physical attacks like Wakka and even Lulu's strongest spells would do and so would Yuna's holy. After a while, you'll go into fight two, you'll know this when Jecht pulls a sword out of himself. This is when you use all your overdrives. First, go to Yuna's and summon any aeon. (I suggest Bahamut) After you use her's, the aeon will still have the overdrive it got in the random battles. So that aeon uses it's overdrive twice, and then use all the other overdrives. I did this and after a few blows, I beat him, so even after using all the overdrives, have strong physical or magical people ready to do a few blows and spells and he should go down. Good Luck.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My suggestion is that you use Auron, Tidus, and Yuna. Make sure you give Auron a bracer that has "Auto-haste" on it (you can put auto-haste on one with items obtained by capturing monsters). And the Masamune, can't forget about that. There's your damage right there. All that Tidus is good for is talking, and Yuna for healing. Just whack away with Auron, and Tidus when you can. That's pretty much it, since I had no difficulty beating him. And it's even easier after that.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I just used Yuna, Tidus and Auron for this battle. Whoever your best character is, get them their Celestial Weapon. It will probably be either Tidus or Auron (those would be the most wise anyway). This will give them the Break Damage Limit (for Tidus and Auron) and you really should have that. Whoever has the BDL ability on their weapon, haste them and make sure that they know Quick Hit. Then, just repeatedly pound Braska's Final Aeon with that move. Make sure you have Tidus use his 'Talk' command whenever your opponents overdrive meter gets close to being full. Yuna should always be healing (if she has Auto-Life, abuse it). Your third party member is either your main attacker, or he/she can give ethers when needed to the other two and throw in an attack once in a while.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Master T said:
That was basically my strategy revised. :)

Yeh....I guess it is. I just thought I'd put in my two cents. Plus, my strategy is a bit more detailed (or just long-winded).

And getting Anima (an extra aeon who is pretty strong) is quite easy. Just make sure you got all the treasures from all the Cloister of Trials, and then go to Baaj Temple, beat Geosgana (that giant fish from the beginning of the game, he's easy) and then you get Anima. Anima's overdrive is pretty stong (not as strong as the Magus' Sisters, but they are more work to get), and would be helpful against the final aeon.

Neverfate

You could just level up, and then kill Jecht in one hit. Collect every Flaoting one eyes monster in the game. Go to the Moster Arena, fight the FLoating One eyed monster. It drops triple AP weaponry. If the weapon has extra slots, outfit it with Overdrive=AP, and you can extend on that by adding Double.Triple Overdrive. With that set up, you could set a characters overdrive to the one that charages when a friend is hit, Ally I believe it's called. Head to a battle, have someone take excesive amount of damage.

If the arena guy made a Cactuar king for you, go there because the Cactuar King use 99,999 needles. Your characters with the Triple AP/Overdrive=AP/Triple overdive weapon will level up extremly fast, you should stay in the battle for a half an hour.

The set up to this takes a while, but this is the fastest way I can think of leveling. I've had characters go up 40 some odd levels after the fight. You can zip around the sphere grid that way, power leveling your character.

M

MegaFlare

Alright, here's how it goes. The final aeon has 3 forms.

GOOD STRATEGY: Every time you talk, Braska feels for Tidus, and starts over on his overdrive. But he only does this about 2 times or so. So what you need to do is:

Have Auron, Tidus, and Yuna in the party. Have Auron smacking away on him, unless all overdrives you've got. Banishing Blade was good. Have Tidus smacking him, and Yuna healing every time. If you have AUTO-LIFE, good. I did. I had Yuna leveled up good, and I had her final weapon: Have her cast Holy and it only costs 1 MP. If you don't have her final weapon, you might give her an item (I don't remember which, I think the 3 Stars item) and it use it on her, it'll only cost like 1 MP for her to do spells. Cast Haste on her, keep having her use holy. When Jecht is ALMOST in overdrive, have Tidus "Talk". And then start all over, do the same thing. When he gets ALMOST in overdrive, have Tidus "Talk" again.

chasingdusk

WOw, thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely take everyone's advice. Maybe I'll try to beat it this weekend.

Oh...and btw I'm not a guy..I'm a girl!! :D

Sorry if this is spam!

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
You are supposed to use certain characters to bring down his stats- just like you did with Seymour. But, I beat him with strictly using the Aeons power. Seriously. I built up all of their stats untill they knew almost every power, and the attack levels of the players was also high. Right before battle, I made sure that every Aeon I had, and character was right about to go into the overdrive. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back