• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bravely Default II - Or is it Bravely 3 technically? February 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have mixed feelings about the protagonist designs but the thief girl is pretty amazing.
The girl holding the crystal looks like a blonde version of Agnes; the boy beside her looks like an edgy version of Tiz; and the other guy looks like a 40 year old Ringabel.

The thief is the one that has the most original design. She actually looks a bit out of place, actually. I imagine she'll have an "outsider" bacskstory to her.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
A demo dropped today after the Nintendo Direct mini. Similar to the first Octopath demo, this one will allow for players to give feedback on it.

I've played it almost in its entirety aside from one mission and... it's pretty great. No rebuilding sidestory as in the previous two games (though I could see it being able to be added easily with the story how it is), and the job outfit designs are fantastic.

We now know the character names too! The protagonist is Seth, the blonde girl is Gloria, the "thief" girl is a mercenary named Adelle, and the tall guy is a Scottish scholar named Elvis. They're all brought together because Gloria is the princess of a kingdom that guarded the four crystals until it was attacked 2 years ago and fell. She now seeks to reclaim the crystals that were stolen in the raid and are wreaking havoc across the continent. Elvis is along for the ride because he seeks to decipher a book his mentor left him, and he hired Adelle to protect him along the way. Seth washed ashore after an accident at sea and only survived because the crystals protected him.

The demo is a bit short (probably 1-2 hours just for basic stuff, but I'm a bit over 4 doing everything), and there is a bit extra to do after the main story of the demo is cleared. Enemies show up on the map itself so you can sneak attack them, and the world map is a bit more zoomed in and detailed (at least in the demo) complete with chests and stuff to find. If you're too powerful, enemies will run away from you. I'm trying to defeat a rather tough enemy but I'm stopping for the night because it's 1am and I need sleep lol

All in all it's shaping up to be pretty great. The music is wonderful, the gameplay is on point, the voice acting is fantastic (though if you really need it in Japanese don't worry you can have the Japanese voiceovers). I'm more excited than ever for this game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
this one will allow for players to give feedback on it.
The studio that develops these games has always been pretty open on feedback, which is something I really like and hope it continues to be a working philosophy of theirs.

No rebuilding sidestory as in the previous two games
So there's a village management system, but without the backstory? I havent played the demo, I'm replaying Persona 5, haha.

and the tall guy is a Scottish scholar named Elvis.
Am I the only one that is reminded of Ardyn when seeing Elvis' normal outfit? Haha. Also, there's something about Elvis that makes me think he'll end up being a bad guy. Maybe it's the design and how he reminds me of Ardyn.

They're all brought together because Gloria is the princess of a kingdom that guarded the four crystals until it was attacked 2 years ago and fell.
Oh, so now the Crystals were under one kingdom. Interesting.

Seth washed ashore after an accident at sea and only survived because the crystals protected him.
In before it's revealed that he's actually dead and was revived by the Crystals.

The demo is a bit short (probably 1-2 hours just for basic stuff, but I'm a bit over 4 doing everything), and there is a bit extra to do after the main story of the demo is cleared.
I mean, that's kinda been the norm when this studio makes these demos Also, take note that it's possible they may make another demo, but with the feedback implemented.

Enemies show up on the map itself so you can sneak attack them,
Yes, I noticed this as well. Random encounters aren't a thing anymore.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No there is no village management system, I meant if there is one in the full game there is certainly somewhere that they could use for the purposes of it.

And yeah I'm aware Team Asano does feedback gathering demos like this, and that there might be another demo that implements some of the feedback lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
No there is no village management system, I meant if there is one in the full game there is certainly somewhere that they could use for the purposes of it.

And yeah I'm aware Team Asano does feedback gathering demos like this, and that there might be another demo that implements some of the feedback lol
Well, if they didn't implement it in the demo, it's possible it may not be on the full game, seeing as how the demos for Default and Second had the feature in their demos. That or they didn't have time to implement it.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
It's almost a series staple at this point, but I won't be sad to see it go lol

Just saying, if they wanted to implement it there is a way.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Wasn't expecting a mature rating, but I guess if the original hadn't been censored in the west it might have received something similar?

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So total newbie here; I started playing Bravely Default for the DS but stopped years ago. I remember enjoying it, is this something I can just pickup? I know as fans most people would say you should play it, but for me, is it worth it?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So total newbie here; I started playing Bravely Default for the DS but stopped years ago. I remember enjoying it, is this something I can just pickup? I know as fans most people would say you should play it, but for me, is it worth it?
The game is worth a try. I recommend playing Default before Second, because of story and quality of life improvements.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So the two of them are interlinked? It's not like Final Fantasy that way?

Bravely Second continues Bravely Default’s story.

We do not know how Bravely Default II connects to the first two games, but this upcoming game has a new cast and new locations.

So:

Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Bravely Default II

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I DID IT! Since my province got locked down, I had to spend it some way, so I played Default & Second. I managed to complete every side quest, max all the jobs, and now finally, I can rest...until the 26th

Back