• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brown Hooded Figure on Destiny Islands...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Okay, so you guys who have seen the cutscene probably know exactly what I'm referring to by the title.

Let me start off by saying that no character in Kingdom Hearts has shown any sign of possessing an omniscience mind... Yen Sid has been wrong several times, specifically about ASoD and Xemnas being defeated meaning that MX will return (think about it, they aren't his Nobody nor his Heartless, although he is a part of them)... (master) Xehanort doesn't know everything either as he thought Ven was dead, thought that he could "just take over Terra" and other things...

That explained, I believe YMX was mistaken when he said that the brown cloaked figure on Destiny Islands was Ansem, Seeker of Darkness... Why? Well no matter how you look at it, that means that there would be two ASoD's if that guy was Ansem, Seeker of Darkness

Who could it be then? I'm placing my bets on it being The Guardian

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
That's Ansem SoD. He traveled back in time to convince Young Master Xehanort to travel to new worlds and start the Xehanortification project.

JustSnilloc

That's Ansem SoD. He traveled back in time to convince Young Master Xehanort to travel to new worlds and start the Xehanortification project.

Think about it though, that same guy existed within another timeline... We know when AX split into two beings that he became ASoD and Xemnas right? Well that means that in the current timeline that there are TWO ASoD's which doesn't make since... Not even Kingdom Hearts "it's just a mystery" sense, it just makes no sense

MinerKing

Well it seems we have more proof that it IS Ansem SoD than we do proof that it isn't. Not saying you are flat out wrong but, just because something doesn't make sense right now, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Think about it though, that same guy existed within another timeline... We know when AX split into two beings that he became ASoD and Xemnas right? Well that means that in the current timeline that there are TWO ASoD's which doesn't make since... Not even Kingdom Hearts "it's just a mystery" sense, it just makes no sense
:cough: paradox :cough:

JustSnilloc

Well it seems we have more proof that it IS Ansem SoD than we do proof that it isn't. Not saying you are flat out wrong but, just because something doesn't make sense right now, doesn't mean it isn't true.

But the only proof we have is YMX saying that that's who it was, and them wearing the same cloak, which has happened before with other characters IIRC

Henryp

Awards
If it's ASoD, he didn't tell YMX to take the darkness path.
One rule on time travel is that you can't change what will happen, said twice in DDD.

MinerKing

But the only proof we have is YMX saying that that's who it was, and them wearing the same cloak, which has happened before with other characters IIRC

...That is still proof. You have to support your argument with something a bit more concrete than "it doesn't make sense" and "it happened before." I can see how you could be doubtful about the character, considering he his wearing a brown cloak to hide his identity, but still. I would like to think that if YMX knows enough to call him Ansem, then that character is Ansem. That makes perfect sense. Then again, this is Kingdom Hearts and crazy things have happened before. I would be a little upset if that was something they decided to go over in future games. "Remember the brown cloak guy? In that flashback? Ansem? That wasn't actually Ansem. IT WAS PLUTO!"
You do always have to beware of the old fashioned character switch in Kingdom Hearts though lol

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
If it's ASoD, he didn't tell YMX to take the darkness path.
One rule on time travel is that you can't change what will happen, said twice in DDD.

If it was said in DDD, I would think it's for the worlds Sora and Riku visit. They can't change what happened. That's most likely what that's referring to.

When YMX tells Sora that it's Ansem SoD who approached YMX at Destiny Islands, that was apart of his own memories.
Meaning it already happened, so there was no changing it no matter what.

Because we know that time travel can change what happens in the future. KH2 with Disney Castle and Timeless River.

JustSnilloc

If it was said in DDD, I would think it's for the worlds Sora and Riku visit. They can't change what happened. That's most likely what that's referring to.

When YMX tells Sora that it's Ansem SoD who approached YMX at Destiny Islands, that was apart of his own memories.
Meaning it already happened, so there was no changing it no matter what.

Because we know that time travel can change what happens in the future. KH2 with Disney Castle and Timeless River.

Different kind of time travel though... Not convinced that this theory still works though, perhaps and perhaps not, I have another theory up with another possible explanation

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Timeless River in the end, didn't change anything in the futur. One could think Sora preventing the time from being changed was unavoidable, but unlike Xehanort, Maleficent and Pete didn't know that.

Otherwise, what. Xehanort would just go back in past, make Yen Sid into Xehanort, and end of the story.

Zyrax

I'm terribly sorry for necroposting, but I saw a video on this topic (includes Spoilers from Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover) and googled to see some information and literally the first google hit was this thread, so I thought, why not.

Here the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc48B_-FwO4

So what the person in this video concludes, is that the Master Mind behind KH is not the Xehanort we knew, but "Xehanort". Meaning that the characteristics and ambitions of the entity known as "Xehanort" are still the same, but that the person in the modern era, Master Xehanort and later Terra, is not directly this entity, but just a vessel for this entity. And said entity is none other than the Master of Masters, who survived to this day by "possessing" modern era bodies, including Master Xehanort and Terra. Meaning that the character we saw as "Master Xehanort" in the Kingdom Hearts series who possessed Terra-Xehanort is in reality the Master of Masters possessing Master Xehanort and Terra, whereas the actual Master Xehanort we knew (the friend of Eraqus, that left Destiny Island to see the world), was in reality the Master of Masters using Master Xehanort's body as vessel.

I just wanted to bring this up, pls be gentle *shrug*

Since Terra-Xehanort was split into a Heartless and a nobody (and you have countless other theories going on with for example the Guardian being the Heartless of Master Eraqus, Terra's heart being within etc.), the question remains what happened with the MoM's original heart. And here is the solution: It is the brown hooded figure! That would explain why that figure for example approached Young Xehanort and how it has this omnipotent-like appearance (which - as OP states - Ansem, Xehanort's Heartless clearly lacks).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The reason why we don't allow necro-posting is because usually the replies are to waaaay out-dated topics, and the people who posted the thread aren't there anymore anyway, so you might as well make a new thread or if you want the OP's opinion, message them and if they're still around they'll see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back