• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Burn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Hmmmm...just wondering have you ever frozen your hand after getting your hand burned and yeah I burned my hand when I accidently touched a hotdog on a grill, carelessy. XD Learned my lesson.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

My burns have been pretty minor, i remember fighting with my cousin once and he hit me on the side of my face with the edge of an iron that was heating up. It left a good scar but in about 3 weeks the skin peeled and another week the skin was back to normal.

I remember my mom told me about her cousin back in the day, who liked playing with fire and always got her in trouble for stupid stuff. My uncle and that cousin were in a house and her mother left while the oven was doing a self clean. It was an old fashioned oven and she opened it and the fire engulfed her. I dont remember how she got the fire out but supposedly my uncle walked a few blocks with her to my Grandmothers home (This is Bronx, New York my family lives pretty close together in these neighborhoods), and they quickly got her to the hospital. Her burns where so bad that her clothes had to practically be peeled of because her skin had melted with it. My mom told me that before she died it was church day and she talked about what everyone was wearing and such. She was accurate about everybody and after that well.....you know......the irony is that she liked playing with fire and then died from it. My mother also told me one time when she was asleep, something kept pulling her covers back and she kept pulling them back up. When she woke up she told her cousin to stop.......but no one was there, she was dead after all.

kinda creepy, but that's what she said happened

Hinamizawa Syndrome

Sheer perfection.
Burns are the kind of pain where they sometimes have to put you in a coma just so that you don't go insane from pain.

That reminds me of a song...I wish I could remember which one, though... :/

The worst thing about my accident was the fact that the candy had sort of molded onto my burned finger, almost like cooling lava. X__X

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Although I do like playing with fire, I rarely get burned.

The only time I can really remember was when I touched a really hot plate, but was to hungry to put it down. Yeah, that's about it.

Think I might have burned my finger on a grill once, but that was a long time ago so I can't quite remember.

Princess of KH

I've only burned my tongue on hot food before. Never my actual skin. However, my brother (whe he was a little kid) decided to touch my mom's curling iron (which was on & very, very hot) just to see if it was actually hot. Yea, he learned curling irons are extremely hot that day. Then, last year, he was getting something out of the oven while talking on the phone, and the pan he was getting out started to fall, so he grabbed the pan w/ his other hand (which didn't have an oven mitt on it; he had the phone between his shoulder & his face) & he burnt his hands pretty bad. He refused to put anything on ti, though.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Although I haven't had anythign severs I have had just about every restaurant accident happen for burning and cutting (luckily I didn't cut anything off. )

I've burnt myself with hot water, steam, pans, grills, hot food, fire, electricity. and our industrial strenght diswahser uses this hgly corrosive soap that if you get it on you hand in its natural state it starts burning your skin.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just today I decided to make fried mushrooms I got from Aldi...

._. freaking shelf thingy in the oven is hard to get out and my finger slipped from the heat thingys so I wouldn't burn my hand. Rawr.

T

trazin

yeh my uncle was messing around with fire and burned part of his cheek he still has a small scar to remnd him of it.

D

Deleted member 36435

In scouts they tell us that if you submerge it in ice in kills all the skin cells, which is bad.

Aloe and Oxycodone my friend.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Ouch. D: I'm pleased I've never been burned that badly, it must have been awful for you all. <3

The worst I've ever had was one from work... I work in a restaurant, and the counter is a hot counter, the type where the food is on top, and it's served plate by plate by the worker rather than the chef making the meals seperately. I.e, the customer chooses what they want from what's on the counter, then the worker plates it up for them. Underneath the counter is "hot holding", where the next round of food is kept hot before it's ready to take out. It's essentially an oven.

One day it got very busy at work, so naturally, I was moving quickly, and despite usually being cautious with the oven - okay, I'm scared of it - I was being a bit careless. When going to grab this tray of baked potatoes from underneath the counter, I didn't think about the actual rack the tray was on, and managed to burn my forearm and hand. D: It hurt but I got the cream and whatnot on it quickly, so it was okay. No scarring, either. o.o

I tend to get splashes of hot water all over myself now and again but it's not usually bad.

<3

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
Well, my burns are nothing compared to the ones on here.
But anyway, my worst burn was when I was straightening my hair in the back of my head, and I reached for it and accidentally placed my hand up against the hot surface of the straightening part. It blistered.
And I got a REALLLY bad sunburn the day before school started this year. My chest, shoulders, and back were all totally pink.:/

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
Grabbed the end of a firecracker/firework/sparkler. Yes, I've grabbed all three.

Put my entire hand on the radiator of a lawn mower. Still have a burn mark on my palm.

And, I've put both my hands on stove glass for as long as I could tolerate the pain. The answer: I tolerated it, but it hurt a ton.

Oh, and while not a burn, I've had my hair lit on fire. Which is kind of bad, as I have the white-boy afro.

It hurt ='[

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
When I was younger, I burned my arm on a curling iron. The top layer of my skin peeled and I had to wear this cotton makeshift "band-aid" for several weeks. I don't even think I was taken to the doctor for that o_O

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Hmmm...

I once found it humorous that there was more forest fires in summer? >.>

In my twisted logic, I found it humorous because one would think one would not want to light a fire because of how warm the weather can be. Of course, I had forgotten to take in mind how dry summer is and that usually is when fires are lit and what not.

But anyway, I sympasize for you. I have only merely burned myself a few times by ill fate of accidentally touching the pots and pans I use to cook before cooling them off in cool water. It happens not that much, but either way, tis a bit bothersome. However, it could be worse, so it is not much of a nuisance, nor all that bothersome of a thing to complain about.

Sadly that is all I can think about at the moment.

I hope you have an ice pack to go to bed tonight....

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
i feel soooo bad for this boy at my school...here is his story

"Bob", his little brother, and his dad were all out working in the yard. Bob and his brother built a bon fire, while dad was gathering wood. Bob's little brother was walking around the ring of the bon fire (it wasnt dug into the ground) when his dog ran up and nudged him. His brother fell into the bon fire. Bob heard him screaming, and tried to help him, but he burnt his hands. Dad jumped into the bon fire and pulled out Bob's brother, and burned himself.

Conclusion: Bob has 3rd degree burns on his face and arms, Dad has the same, and Bob's brother has 3rd degree burns all over his body. He is in critical condition at a childrens hopsital, and is close to death.

i cried when i first heard it, Bob was one of my friends

Last edited:

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
I know the first post is old, but NEVER PUT A BURN IN ICE-WATER!!!!

USE ONLY COOL WATER.

Ice water will actually intensify the injury by freezing the burn, which can kill the cells trying to heal to. You don't want that, even though you think it feels better. you want cool water. it should be closer to room temperature.

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
Wow. These all sound so painful. D:

The worst burn I have probably gotten was when straightening my hair, and you can adjust the temperature and such when using it.
Well, somehow, I ended up being careless and it ended up slipping and clamping on my hand, when it was on about 500 degrees.

Major ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back