• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Buy a 3DS just for DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I understand now. One more can question. Can you tell me why Ventus looks exactly like Roxas?

The short version of it is that Ven lost his heart during the events of BbS and eventually made its way to Sora where it's been sleeping for a number of years. When Sora stabbed himself with the Keyblade of People's Hearts in KH1 Ven's sleeping heart went along with his body and so when Roxas formed it used Ven's heart as a sort of blueprint.

If you want a more detailed explanation:

When Ven was younger MX acquired him as his pupil with the intent of submerging him in darkness to take his body. Ven was "too gentle" to use the darkness so when that effort failed MX split his heart in two creating Vanitas. Thinking he would die MX left Ven on DI where Sora was being born at the moment. Sora's heart, which had not yet entered his body, was distracted by Ven's light and went to check it out. They have a short conversation in which Ven basically explains that he's dying but Sora prevents it by connecting their hearts together, patching up the wound.

Approximately four years later Vanitas and Ven duel, forcing their hearts to reunite and create the X-Blade. The two have an internal battle in which Ven tries to destroy the X-Blade but because it's made from their hearts, if it gets destroyed it'd wreck both of their hearts. Ven eventually wins the battle but since he successfully destroyed the X-Blade he greatly damaged his heart sending him into sleep. Eventually Ven's heart leaves his body to follow the connection back to a young Sora who lets him sleep in his own heart until Ven is healed.

Then there's the whole thing again about how when Sora released his heart Ven's stayed in his body while Roxas formed, etc, etc, etc. Ven's heart has been chilling in a deep sleep inside Sora's heart for the past decade or so.

Sorakh212

Awards
Man I didn't think the 3DS was that much now...unless you want to get the XL/bigger version. To answer your question though yes it is worth it especially if you consider yourself a KH fan. It's one of the best in the whole series so far. My only gripe with it is the gameplay mechanics because it gets frustrating at times, but that's just me.

zaqareemalcolm

I bought 3DS for KH, but not for 3D specifically. My DSlite broke and I still wanted to play my copies of days and re:coded. Disregarding that, I also bought a 3DS solely for the 3D factor (as well as SMTIV) as well as the fact my dad wanted to buy me an incentive for doing well for End of Year Exams 2012. (Maskin it as a birthday gift to me as well, dat sly fox)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I bought my 3DS for a number of games in mind, not just Kingdom Hearts 3D alone. There's Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Bravely Default, potential TWEWY sequel, etc.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I bought my 3DS for a number of games in mind, not just Kingdom Hearts 3D alone. There's Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Bravely Default, potential TWEWY sequel, etc.

Don't forget Super Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Kid Icarus on top of those you mentioned.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not saying I bought my 3DS just for KH but... >_> <_< I did. xD
But this year a lot of games are coming out for the 3DS that I plan on getting like Pokemon and Ace Attorney.

Pratiko

Awards
If you only want to play KHDDD, then don't. Rather watch it on youtube (I did, took around 3 or 4 hours skipping battles and some bad disney world stories, not worth watching).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
There are soo many games to play on the 3ds, and its full of life. Dont buy if jsut for kingdom hearts but if that what ge you t do the initial purpose, its not a waste unless you chooses not to play it anymore. You could always buy it used too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back