• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Buying a 3DS for Dream Drop Distance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

k99y77

Awards
Nope. There are quite a few problems with the 3DS - namely a huge design flaw. Some people have reported scratches on their 3DS' top screen due to the circle pad and bottom screen rubbing against it. There are little rubber feet in order to prevent this, but apparently they don't work very well. I'll only buy a later model of the 3DS if they've managed to solve this design flaw.
and don't forget the low 5 hour battery life, which almost defeats the purpose of a handheld, so yeah you should wait for a newer version.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Lol. I'll get a 3DS when DDD comes out because by that time the price should have dropped and all of the other games I want too should be out. I still like KH, so it's one of the games that makes me want a 3DS but I made sure there were a bunch of others I wanted.
Plus I've worn my DS out pretty badly over the years.

But for KH, the most I've done is take my ex's PSP and permanently acquire it. XD

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Lol. I'll get a 3DS when DDD comes out because by that time the price should have dropped and all of the other games I want too should be out. I still like KH, so it's one of the games that makes me want a 3DS but I made sure there were a bunch of others I wanted.
Plus I've worn my DS out pretty badly over the years.

But for KH, the most I've done is take my ex's PSP and permanently acquire it. XD
^Thats what KH does to people lol

I hope the 3-D in the game isn't forced. Some people can't even enjoy the 3-D effect because of eye problems, I hope the gameplay doesn't heavily rely on it, the word DISTANCE in Dream drop distance scares me a little :/

jdeib963

I think ill end up buying 2 3ds's. Because of this RIDICULOOUS region locking.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I hope the 3-D in the game isn't forced. Some people can't even enjoy the 3-D effect because of eye problems, I hope the gameplay doesn't heavily rely on it, the word DISTANCE in Dream drop distance scares me a little :/
Well, you know... NO REGRETS. xD

We probably won't have to have the 3D on... I hope. 3D hurts my head.

Walkway

i herd the battl systm dnt work if not using 3d :////

i hop kil nomera

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Nope. There are quite a few problems with the 3DS - namely a huge design flaw. Some people have reported scratches on their 3DS' top screen due to the circle pad and bottom screen rubbing against it. There are little rubber feet in order to prevent this, but apparently they don't work very well. I'll only buy a later model of the 3DS if they've managed to solve this design flaw.
I have a black 3DS and have had no such problem. The circle pad leaves a little circle mark on the top half of the system (which is a very reflective black plastic), but you can make that go away by just wiping it with a cloth. No biggie. I really have no major gripes with the 3DS so far, except that the resolution is a little dated and the circle pad makes an odd clicking noise every so often for me (I think that might just be a defect in my system, since no one else has mentioned it). But those are by no means deal-breakers.

I didn't buy the 3DS for KH, but it is one of many, many reasons I bought it. I mostly bought it because I nearly always buy the all-new Nintendo systems (i.e. not the GBA SP or DSi), since I love the Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Professor Layton, and Fire Emblem franchises. Having KH too just sweetens the deal. I never have made it through OoT (I only ever got just past the water temple), so that will be the first big game I get. Then Layton, Kid Icarus, and Mario are just around the corner.

EDIT: The 3D is pretty cool, too. I usually keep it at about 3/4 strength, so that I have a little movement leeway, but I still get near the full effect. My eyes have never hurt, either.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I bought my 3DS mainly just because of KH but not only 3D. I didn't have a DS before so I got/get atleast 3 more KH games.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
My brother has one so I can mooch off of him for a while. However, I am waiting to see if they release a limited edition Kingdom Hearts 3DS as they have with all KH handheld games so far (GBA, DSi, PSP) so maybe if they release it in like Europe as well I can get that one. I'm just gonna wait anyways cause I'm not a huge fan of the 3DS right now as no good games are out anyways (Ocarina of Time will be the first).

Princess-Sammi

I have a black 3DS and have had no such problem. The circle pad leaves a little circle mark on the top half of the system (which is a very reflective black plastic), but you can make that go away by just wiping it with a cloth. No biggie. I really have no major gripes with the 3DS so far, except that the resolution is a little dated and the circle pad makes an odd clicking noise every so often for me (I think that might just be a defect in my system, since no one else has mentioned it). But those are by no means deal-breakers.

I didn't buy the 3DS for KH, but it is one of many, many reasons I bought it. I mostly bought it because I nearly always buy the all-new Nintendo systems (i.e. not the GBA SP or DSi), since I love the Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Professor Layton, and Fire Emblem franchises. Having KH too just sweetens the deal. I never have made it through OoT (I only ever got just past the water temple), so that will be the first big game I get. Then Layton, Kid Icarus, and Mario are just around the corner.

EDIT: The 3D is pretty cool, too. I usually keep it at about 3/4 strength, so that I have a little movement leeway, but I still get near the full effect. My eyes have never hurt, either.
You are clearly one of the lucky ones - fortunately the 3DS problems do not affect everyone.

metrifyx

No. Until the price drops or an improved version comes out, I won't be getting one. And I'll play pretty much anything, so KH wouldn't be my only reason, although it certainly is the largest driving force.

billyzanesucks

I don't have a working DS any more, so a definite yes. I do have other games in mind, though it would probably be best to wait until one of them comes out until buying the 3DS.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
No, I bought my 3DS for titles like Mario, Zelda, Resident Evil, Monkey Ball, etc., and then the Augmented Reality and 3D features, along with the the fact that it's getting a KH game. But not for the sole purpose of KH3D, because I'm not an idiot.

kupo1121

Awards
Kingdom Hearts was the main reason I will get mine, I don't think I would have bought one solely for Kingdom Hearts unless it is a special edition once again because then the system has collector's value (I collect Kingdom Hearts merchandise so for me it will last). I will buy mine though because I know Super Mario, Ocarina of Time, Kid Iccarus, and various other games are coming out for it.

kupo1121

Awards
nobody is making anyone buy the system. If you don't buy the system, sure it isn't a great alternative, but you can always watch the walkthrough of the game on Youtube and other sites when it comes out. Sure you aren't experiencing it, but you are saving over $300 (system + game + tax)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
there are so many games i want for the 3ds but kh games are my main

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back