• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

buying KH3 physically or digitally?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdr27

Awards
Hey all,

I'm trying to decide what version is best to buy, the physical copy or digital? The main concern that I have really slow download speeds. So I was wondering if having the actual disc would reduce the download time on the PS4.

Thanks.

mytomxxx

Physical just because I love the series so much, and, I want that box art

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Physical. And I do think it almost NIXES download time, from other titles, unless there's extensive DLC. (We don't know how much DLC this'll have.)

Not to mention, I happen to <3 the feel of shoving a disk in my PS4; So call me old skool lol! I want that physical media.

Meow Wow

Awards
Physical. It's safer and more memorable in my opinion. It's safer because if in some odd circumstance where your data is lost and you don't have any backed games or what not than you can have the physical version of the game to fall back on. It's also more memorable because you can feel the game, hold the game, and stick it in the console. As for download times, I'm not sure honestly.

sdr27

Awards
I agree having the physical copy is better, my question is Can I play the game as soon I put the game in the PS4 or will it download something

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I agree having the physical copy is better, my question is Can I play the game as soon I put the game in the PS4 or will it download something
It will likely have to install to the harddrive which can take a little bit, and there will also likely be day one patches you'll have to download.

Personally, I'm going with digital because I live in a small town and ordering physical will mean I won't get to play release week and with digital I can preload the game and play right at midnight (or well 10pm Monday my time lol)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
sdr27; Since we do not HAVE it yet, I can't say for sure right now, it depends on a couple things.

1. Did they forget to squash a bug or two? Then yes there will be a download. A patch to squish that bug, in other words.
2. Is there some free DLC? Then yes, if you want that DLC, there will be a download.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for it to install (a few minutes), then off you go! That's been my experience with Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix's latest title); had to wait for a install which didn't take very long, and I was able to play right then. (Luuv me some old skool once in a while)

kaseykockroach

Awards
Physical, because I want to hold the game in my hands and stare lovingly at the cover. x)

KHfan@2005

Physical is always the best way to go. Also Ibhave to have that Box art on my shelf.

sdr27

Awards
It will likely have to install to the harddrive which can take a little bit, and there will also likely be day one patches you'll have to download.

Personally, I'm going with digital because I live in a small town and ordering physical will mean I won't get to play release week and with digital I can preload the game and play right at midnight (or well 10pm Monday my time lol)

I would go digitally if my speed wasn't so slow. I tested this on FFXV and the estimated download time was more than 12 hours so yeah lol. May I ask what your download speed is? I wonder if they will let us preload the game before it releases.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I would go digitally if my speed wasn't so slow. I tested this on FFXV and the estimated download time was more than 12 hours so yeah lol. May I ask what your download speed is? I wonder if they will let us preload the game before it releases.
There's no reason to think we wouldn't be able to preload the game before it releases (we could for 2.8 from what i remember). But yeah if your download speed isn't great, then physical is fine, too. You just likely won't be able to play it as soon as you put it in as it will definitely have to both install to the harddrive as well as download the Day One patch. But this would all be faster than downloading the game all at once at release anyway, it just won't be instantaneous is all.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Physical, because I want to hold the game in my hands and stare lovingly at the cover. x)

One of the best feelings in the world ^
I always go for physical copies, it's just more personal like this imo
Getting the physical KH3 for the same reasons. I'll see if I preorder it or some kind of version of it or not though, it depends on what we'll get

kaseykockroach

Awards
For the record, I'm sometimes up for buying a digital copy later down the line, just as a back-up in case the physical copy gets scratched someday.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Both. My ass is playing the digital copy the moment it drops at midnight, and then I can add the physical copy to my game shelf as well.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm not doing the ol' wait-til-Midnight-and-play-while-being-tired schtick. I'm gonna head to bed early and rise with the dawn, make a nice cup of joe, and head out to the store to buy my physical copy and come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back