• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can anyone explain what the issue with Cyberpunk 2077? Is it really as bad as everyone says?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
So it was apparently on PlayStation store for a week before it got taken down by Sony for some reason and anytime I see or hear something about the game it always bad, however according to what I heard it was meant to be the biggest game of the year. I’ve only seen trailers before and the game looked cool was actually considering getting it, but then the whole PlayStation thing happened. So does anyone know what actually happened or if anyone owns the game is it really as awful as people are saying?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
There is a huge list of bugs and glitches.
- NPCs T-Framing
- Collision issues
- Falling through ground
- Terrible Framerate on Standard Consoles (PS4, & Xbox One)
to name a few. I'm thinking on picking up this game on PC but I kinda wanted to play it at 60FPS but I only have a RTX 2060 so it would have to put my setting way too low to acheive that. I think Ill wait till the game is more optimised or when i get a new graphic card.

To answer you main question, It depends on your setup. If you only have a base PS4 or Xbox One, than it is a terrible expierence. If you are on a mid-ranged PC than its slightly better expeicne than on Xbox One X, or PS4 Pro, and Series S. IF you are on Series X / PS5 you get a decenet last gen expierence. If you are on a High End PC than that is probably the best expierence you will get for a long while.

Last edited:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
There is a huge list of bugs and glitches.
- NPCs T-Framing
- Collision issues
- Falling through ground
- Terrible Framerate on Standard Consoles (PS4, & Xbox One)
to name a few. I'm thinking on picking up this game on PC but I kinda wanted to play it at 60FPS but I only have a RTX 2060 so it would have to put my setting way too low to acheive that. I think Ill wait till the game is more optimised or when i get a new graphic card.

To answer you main question, It depends on your setup. If you only have a base PS4 or Xbox One, than it is a terrible expierence. If you are on a mid-ranged PC than its slightly better expeicne than on Xbox One X, or PS4 Pro, and Series S. IF you are on Series X / PS5 you get a decenet last gen expierence. If you are on a High End PC than that is probably the best expierence you will get for a long while.

Ok, I understand why they removed it from the Playstation store now, I wonder why they didn’t fix all this before releasing the game? Considering I use a base PS4 I’m definitely going to avoid the game until there’s a patch. Thanks for the advice :)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It seems to me the devs simply didn't have enough time to work out the bugs, but marketing kept pushing the game to release anyway. Even with crunch, they couldn't manage to figure it all out.

This is why companies need to stop announcing games too early. Or at the very least, don't set a release date unless it's near completion. I know it helps with marketing to get people hyped up years in advance, but guess what? If that game isn't worth the hype... well, let's just say you're digging your own grave.

But I doubt the gaming industry will learn their lesson from this. It happens ever few years without fail. Executives think they can get away with it but they can't.

Games are not movies that might require a few reshoots or re-editing to make better. They're trying way too hard to be the film industry.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
From what I could read online, the game wasn't properly optimized for current gen consoles (base PS4 and Xbone), meaning they run like trash and NPCs look like PS1 models from the original Metal Gear Solid game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The only other game that I've seen be that buggy and unplayable on base consoles was Wander and that doesn't look like it's available anymore either.

A big problem was Cyberpunk was announced before the PS4 and Xbox One was announced and CDPR didn't show footage of the game running on those consoles until the game launched. Reviewers were only given PC codes and could only use footage handed out by CDPR for their reviews. It was misleading to not have shown off base console gameplay and been more transparent about what to expect with the game.

Back