• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

can anyone give me some info on the magic swap disc?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryukyu nova

i so wanna play KH2 FM and RE COM, but i dont wanna spend about 100 bucks getting a japanese PS2, so my option is the magic swap disc. i already ordered one and i regret doing so becuz i got the wrong type, can u guys tell me as a n00b to this what type i should order and how to use one plz?

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Basically you first have to check first what kind of model no. your PS2 has (in case your model PS2 isn't compatible), and how you change discs with your PS2 (if it's got a fliptop cover or a normal "tray-comes-out-put-the-disc-in-and-press-the-button-so-that-the-disc-tray-slides-back-in" like cover or something different with the Slim PS2, (but I don't exactly know what, check that up on their official site user guide)). Then you should buy Swapmagic 3 either with a slide-tool (if you haven't got a fliptop cover) or without one. You can check all this up (In case I said anything wrong >.> ) on

Swapmagic 3 official site: Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site

Swapmagic 3 user guide: Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site

Swapmagic 3 FAQ: Welcome to Swap Magic 3 Official Web Site

Then you can buy it on ModChipStore.com - Xbox, DS (Lite), GameCube, PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii Mod Chips. Play Original Backups & Imports! (but watch out when you order it that you have chosen NTSC or PAL, whatever kind of a PS2 you have.

If you want to know how to use the slide-tool to change the discs then you can search for tutorial videos on youtube (there are lots of em) or look on

Slide Card Operation Manual/ ModChipStore.com

Oh and BTW if you haven't got the PS2 with a fliptop cover, then you might have to remove the front cover of your PS2 disctray. Watch out, that can get a little tricky. (Instruction are at the above link, too.)
But do not use brute force you might just spoil it.

If there are any more questions then tell me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back