• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can Aqua as of now be able to Access Her Anti-Form freely like Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
so Aqua just like Sora she has an anti form, but was it just temporarily in kh3 or will it appear in the future? do you think if we get to play as her again do you think we can use that anti-form? For Sora it’s an option in gameplay but would it be the same for Aqua? If so would you like that or nah? Ofc having anti form won’t make you immune to darkness like Riku (seen as it didn’t help Sora in DDD when consumed by darkness) but it sure would allow you to control darkness powers.

okhi12

Awards
I don't think so. Sora's Antiform is a ''natural'' manifestation of his own darkness which occurred as a side effect after he became a heartless, and that's likely true for Rage Form too.

Aqua became AntiAqua because she was corrupted by not-Ansem's darkness and was already weak after she spent so much time in the realm of darkness. It was forced on her, she didn't turn because of her own darkness, though 0.2 implies that the darkness was slowly taking over.

There's always the possibility that some darkness remained and she developes an antiform as a side effect too if Nomura wants Aqua to follow that route. She still had a trauma during the Heartless Tornado and Re:Mind elaborates on her inner turmoil a bit. And she is now in the RoD again, where the darkness witjin her could be awaken.

But as I said, I don't think so. Aqua's style is heavily based on light and if there's one character besides Riku that needs to undergo the ''acceptance of darkness'' path, that's Terra.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
On the other hand if Aqua did have access to the form it would be nice to see Terra try and help her deal with it. Maybe he could show her that the power of Darkness can be used for good in the right hands

NoWay

Awards
On the other hand if Aqua did have access to the form it would be nice to see Terra try and help her deal with it. Maybe he could show her that the power of Darkness can be used for good in the right hands

I’d LOVE that concept

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Aqua became AntiAqua because she was corrupted by not-Ansem's darkness and was already weak after she spent so much time in the realm of darkness. It was forced on her, she didn't turn because of her own darkness, though 0.2 implies that the darkness was slowly taking over.

When does that happen? (I mean in what game / what scene do we get that information?) I thought darkness just took over, not Ansem. I really should do a second playthrough...

Foxycian

Awards
When does that happen? (I mean in what game / what scene do we get that information?) I thought darkness just took over, not Ansem. I really should do a second playthrough...
i would say it’s the lake she fell into that corrupted her, Ansem darkness destruction ball might have something to do with it but I believe it’s mostly the lake.

Flinkon15th

i would say it’s the lake she fell into that corrupted her, Ansem darkness destruction ball might have something to do with it but I believe it’s mostly the lake.

Yeah I agree. The dark destruction ball of darkness thing was more of pushing her, whereas her sinking was like her falling into the abyss of darkness

It be interesting to see Aqua's anti-form as like a plot point, where a remnant of her time enveloped in darkness is reawakened and she has to confront her past, pretty solid PTSD story arc where instead of reconciling with her darkness (i.e. Riku or Terra) she has to find strength to overcome it. But yeah as a voluntary transformation, it doesn't seem at all like her style.

okhi12

Awards
I agree, the lake/abyss was more than likely what caused her to became AntiAqua. I kinda forgot about it. Anyway, it's still a external source of darkness that corrupted her, unlike what happened to Sora.

Zetsumei

Awards
I think it was Ansem's attack that definitely caused her transformation.

Before striking her with the attack Ansem says "I can't leave you with nothing" implying that he is giving her something (the anti form). Also as she is sinking you can see her body being enveloped in darkness expanding outwards from the spot where the attack hit her body.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

Before striking her with the attack Ansem says "I can't leave you with nothing" implying that he is giving her something (the anti form). Also as she is sinking you can see her body being enveloped in darkness expanding outwards from the spot where the attack hit her body.

Yep. Just rewatched the scene. I'd say the attack was the source and the water just made the corruption grow and spread way faster / prevented her from resisting at all. Everything combined to transform her in her already weakened state.

However I don't think Ansem's line means he's "giving her" Anti-form. He is just dealing her a huge blow of darkness to the heart, from Terra to boot, and saying "take that, have fun dealing with it." ... Same difference, I know! 😅

okhi12

Awards

I didn't remember the darkness expanded from the spot where she was hit, but that definitely must be the reason why I thought it was Ansem's attack that caused her to transform. I really should watch that scene again.

The only thing I remember clearly is Ansem being cool, pointing at Ansem the Wise while saying 'You are wise'. Lol.

Noivern

Awards
Well, there is a lot to unpack here. lol

I'd like to start off by pointing out that they are NOT the same thing.

Sora's Anti-Form and Rage-Form are a direct manifestation of the fact that was turned into a Heartless, while also working as a gameplay mechanic to counter those abusing the forms to get through the game. While we do have lore-reasons why it exists, it's never addressed in the games by any characters, so how canon it actually is can be questioned as well.
He also never had control over it and cannot access either form out of his own volition, even if he seemed to regain some sense of control in 3 by being able to keep his Keyblade.

Dark or Anti Aqua, whichever name you pick, is just Aqua taken over by Darkness. She NEVER became an actual Heartless (or gave birth to a Nobody, while at that) and we literally beat the Darkness out of her.

That by itself can let us question what exactly happened there; if we go by the way it happened, maybe Aqua was actually Norted in some way or form by Seeker of Darkness when he hit her with that Dark Firaga, but I fully believe that the only reason she was even possessed in the first place is because of the powerful side-effects of spending too much time in the Realm of Darkness.

Mexican Sora

Awards
I don't think Aqua can access those powers unless she learns to control her darkness like Riku and Terra have. Speaking of Terra, since Axel still has access to his chakrams from being a nobody, then it stands to reason Terra may have some of his abilities from Xemnas.

Zetsumei

Awards
I would posit that xemnas still exists inside of Terras heart, much the same way the Roxas existed inside of Soras heart before being given his own vessel.

Back