• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can someone explain this KH1 scene to me? (alternate monstro scene)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pisceanreve

Kingdom Hearts: Monstro Alternate Scenes - YouTube

there's the scene

so I have a couple questions:

1. why is Riku speaking in his normal voice (not the possessed combination thing)?

2. why does he say "you don't remember your best friend?" what does he mean by remember? especially after Sora was basically just saying what are you doing?

that's all! :)

Key Wielder

Awards
The part where he talks about remembering was probably just a way to let the player know that it's not really Riku in the scene. Sora doesn't ask Riku what he's doing in the normal scene; he tells him to let Pinocchio go and actually acknowledges that he's speaking to Riku, whereas he becomes suspicious immediately in the alternate scene. Giving Riku that line made it more obvious that it wasn't the real Riku doing the talking, just someone pretending to be him.

As for why you don't hear both Riku and Ansem speaking, my guess would be that it has to do with the fact that Ansem would really have no reason to go after Pinocchio in the first place. In the alternate scenes Riku doesn't really speak at all except for the line you mentioned, and that just seemed to be a vague allusion to what happened in Hollow Bastion. If they changed it so that Riku doesn't appear at all in Monstro if you finish Hollow Bastion first, the story would change too much. I don't think it has a deeper meaning than that; keeping it simple was probably just a way to maintain continuity without making a mess of the story.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, I didn't know that scene even existed! Awesome find!

The part where he talks about remembering was probably just a way to let the player know that it's not really Riku in the scene. Sora doesn't ask Riku what he's doing in the normal scene; he tells him to let Pinocchio go and actually acknowledges that he's speaking to Riku, whereas he becomes suspicious immediately in the alternate scene. Giving Riku that line made it more obvious that it wasn't the real Riku doing the talking, just someone pretending to be him.

Exactly! In the normal sequence, Sora rants to Riku about Pinocchio not having a heart, but at least having a conscience.

Pisceanreve

oh hey I found out the actual reason! And this was actually a sad scene in its own way T_T
I don't think they showed this on the youtube vid but Sora said his whole "Pinnochio this is no time for games!"
and then Riku replies the same "but Sora i thought you liked games or are you too cool now that you're the keyblade master?"
and then Sora says "Riku?? Is it really you?!" but then Riku-Ansem walks off and later is asking you don't remember your best friend? as a response to what Sora said.
Actually a depressing scene in a fridge trope sort of way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back