• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Can someone explain to me?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
My mom's okay with my friends complaining about how crappy their lives are, but when ever I start talking about how being an only child isn't spitting rainbows to them (which is what most of them assume since they all have siblings), my mom starts getting angry at me.

The first time I brought up the topic with my friends, she was insisting that I was lying about being lonely and saying that I actually liked it. Well I wasn't happy being alone most of the time, I've already told her that. And she knows that adopting at her age is a problem 'cause for bonk's sake she's retiring in 5 years. Then when my friends leave she acts so pissed off at me for just being honest about this. I mean, what the heck!? You want me to LIE to my friends that my life is the awesome-est thing in the world when in fact there's more to it than it looks?

I mean, I know I'm lucky, having doctors for parents that can practically afford 70% of what I ask (I don't ask them for stuff all that often though), but that doesn't mean I don't have issues that I can just easily talk about with my parents.

Someone please explain to me why she's so pissed off at this?

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Perhaps it makes her feel her efforts to make your existence pleasant aren't wholly appericated and undermined by this comment?

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
★;5504517 said:
Perhaps it makes her feel her efforts to make your existence pleasant aren't wholly appericated and undermined by this comment?

I agree, maybe she feels that what your saying is that shes not doing everything she can to make your life as good as possible, i mean she is most honestly trying, but when family issues come around thats probey better kept scilent and only in the family.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
★;5504517 said:

yeah it's probably this.

Being an only child, you're showered with more concentrated emotion and, as you said, physical gifts than most siblings would probably be. Therefore, because you still say your life is lacking, your mom probably takes some offense.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I suppose. It's not like it's wrong for you to want to have siblings or anything, though. Feel free to bring that up during the apology. It probably won't result in any adoptions, but you guys will come to an understanding, at least.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Or maybe one of your parents has reproductive difficulties, and you were the result of a stroke of a miracle, and listening to your subsequent complaints about being an only child hits home.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Or maybe one of your parents has reproductive difficulties, and you were the result of a stroke of a miracle, and listening to your subsequent complaints about being an only child hits home.

I was thinking this too but didn't voice my opinion.

Perhaps the fact one of them can't now also affects them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back