• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can we talk about how atrocious the Remind Limit Cut voice acting is?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Agroogrooiya

Awards
The voice acting in Remind isn't bad at all, lots of hate is given especially toward KH3 Riku when "stilted, boring" is EXACTLY the kind of acting that is demanded of the character. Need proof? Listen to the same lines in Japanese. DG and MM do freaking fantastic as Dark Riku, but their performances as KH3 Riku are boring af and that is purely intentional

NoWay

Awards
Most of the 0.2 areas wouldn't exist anymore because those worlds were restored at the end of Kingdom Hearts 1.
Still there were plenty of original RoD areas which they could have used for KH3. At least a little area would have been sufficient for me..

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The voice acting in Remind isn't bad at all, lots of hate is given especially toward KH3 Riku when "stilted, boring" is EXACTLY the kind of acting that is demanded of the character. Need proof? Listen to the same lines in Japanese. DG and MM do freaking fantastic as Dark Riku, but their performances as KH3 Riku are boring af and that is purely intentional
What most people are referring to is David Gallagher's reading of "Well, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy went off to search for clues in every past world Sora's been to..." etc etc etc. It sounds like a cold read, Riku almost sounds confused and slowed down by what he's saying.

PikaPal

Awards
I'm real mixed with the VO for the DLC. Some of it is great (Xehanort, the Sea Salt trio, even the Final Fantasy crew for what little material they have) and others not so much (Riku is easily the biggest elephant in the room with how off he sounds here, put him right next to Dark Riku and it becomes all too notable).

The audio quality for some of the lines isn't too hot either which makes me wonder if they were rushed on the VO side of things and they had to finish it as quickly as possible in time for it to come out.

Agroogrooiya

Awards
What most people are referring to is David Gallagher's reading of "Well, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy went off to search for clues in every past world Sora's been to..." etc etc etc. It sounds like a cold read, Riku almost sounds confused and slowed down by what he's saying.
Because he IS slowed down by what he's saying. He's recapping information that he already knows and basically is leading him nowhere. They all really want to save Sora, but they also are in a rut as to what to do next. Remember, it's been about a year.

KHRULER

Awards
Because he IS slowed down by what he's saying. He's recapping information that he already knows and basically is leading him nowhere. They all really want to save Sora, but they also are in a rut as to what to do next. Remember, it's been about a year.
If that was the goal/intention by the VA, it was executed horribly. You're not going to convince me that his performance in that scene was anything better than bad. That's just not reality. Maybe all of the fault of the bad performance can't be put on the VA but also on higher ups but the performance was just bad. Period.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
This feels like an extreme reach in defense of a lousy line reading in a DLC with no shortage of lousy line readings

LastDemiDevil

Awards
Honestly, the VA in KH has slowly beeen getting worse since about CoM. We've lost so many great voice actors like christopher lee, Billy Zane, Leonard Nimoy, and many others. It's sad, but I can't imagine trying to keep within the budget limitations with all these big names. Overtime, it has become a lot more noticeable.

I will say though that all the FF character voice acting was improved, though they barely talked. Aerith was atrocious in 1 and 2.

Final thought on it, Re:Mind in general was not implemented very well, and unless we get a final mix that actually just involves it in the main story in some way, its always going to feel a little disjointed and messy.

Billy Zane Ansem Seeker fan for life. No hate to his replacement but, man, if you mess up a deep voice its very grating.

LastDemiDevil

Awards
I'll repeat this until it becomes real, KH3 NEEDS a final mix. The way the DLC was implemented was terrible in general. I like the content a lot, but man, does it feel rushed and not at all a part of the main game. It really needs an overhaul to elevate it up to basic KH standards which I don't even hold very high because I just love the series a lot. That doesn't make me blind to the fact that this was implemented terribly.

I don't even get why. With a final mix square would've made more money and had more time to polish the new content. Makes me sad that the only way to access the new content now is a mess and that a final mix may come out in the future, rendering the 20 dollars or whatever I paid pointless.

Edit: Sorry for the double post lol finally getting Risk-Taker got me on edge.

Last edited:

LastDemiDevil

Awards
The mod for the pc version that integrates the ReMind abilities into the story is essential lol
I cannot wait until I can ditch my console honestly. A lot of my recommended on youtube lately has been KH modding and its driving me crazy because it would melt my only PC to try and play any game in the series.

I'd probably even get back into speedrunning again if I could switch the voice acting around. I'm just not strong enough to listen to the same lines over and over without being able to adjust the volume or anything. That's another thing mods could fix, the fact that most of the games (maybe all of them? can't remember off the top of my head) only have a Master Volume option and no option to lower anything individually.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
God I hate the voice over in KH3 ReMind. Not even sure who or what is to blame for its quality?

It’s crazy because we know everybody can definitely deliver a better work product.
I'll repeat this until it becomes real, KH3 NEEDS a final mix. The way the DLC was implemented was terrible in general. I like the content a lot, but man, does it feel rushed and not at all a part of the main game. It really needs an overhaul to elevate it up to basic KH standards which I don't even hold very high because I just love the series a lot. That doesn't make me blind to the fact that this was implemented terribly.

I don't even get why. With a final mix square would've made more money and had more time to polish the new content. Makes me sad that the only way to access the new content now is a mess and that a final mix may come out in the future, rendering the 20 dollars or whatever I paid pointless.

Edit: Sorry for the double post lol finally getting Risk-Taker got me on edge.
Yeah it does need a Final Remix. It’ll never happen but it should have happened.

If they were smart they would do it for PS5/XBX/Steam to fill the time while we wait for KH4 to exist again.

Back