• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can't wait for Reconnect

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would not be shocked if we get another side game before KH3. They may need more filler to properly introduce us to KH3's plot (since they've been so incompetent setting it up with the other 20 spin-offs).

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I know you're being facetious but Reconnect is just the name of everything that is leading into KH3. No need to be bitter.

Pretty much sums it up. Not to gang up on you or anything, but the only real game we're getting before KH3 is 2.8. It would be a terrible decision from a fan perspective standpoint to do otherwise. As Spock said, though, reconnect is not a game in the first place.

palizinhas

Awards
It will be weird not to see Reconnect Kingdom Hearts pop up in the end of KH3, it's been around for... 4 games now? Counting Chi? And 0.2 will probably have it as well. But yeah, I kinda doubt there will be another game before III, if only because if they ACTUALLY come out with anything new after the so-called 'Final Chapter Prologue' it would just become even more ridiculous than it is right now.
I still wish KHIII was called Kingdom Hearts Reconnect though, don't really get why we still need the number after so long, and it's a nice name that sums up what the goal in the game will be.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would not be shocked if we get another side game before KH3. They may need more filler to properly introduce us to KH3's plot (since they've been so incompetent setting it up with the other 20 spin-offs).

Nah, they know where they stand with fans right now. Anything extra besides 2.8 before KH3 and they risk destroying the patience of their casual audience who will make the most of their money. (Also you don't call a game "Final Chapter Prologue" and not actually make it the final chapter-slash-prologue to KH3)

This is why KHUX exists. They want to do something extra to lead into KH3? They can do it there. They are already getting closer to tying it all up and it looks to be that KHUX is really the last string once 0.2 and BC fill their own holes.

Next year is the anniversary, though, so it would be fitting if it were a year of Kingdom Hearts announcements but certainly not until KH3 is dated.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts Re:Connect confirmed to be 1.5/2.5 on PS4. Break the fanbases hearts, Square Enix. Give me the games on PS4.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Kingdom Hearts Re:Connect confirmed to be 1.5/2.5 on PS4. Break the fanbases hearts, Square Enix. Give me the games on PS4.

That... is actually kind of a good idea. For years we've been seeing "Reconnect" for all the secret endings. Square likes weird ass names that also have significance. Kingdom Hearts Reconnect or something like that being all the games in a single package would not only "reconnect" all the games onto one platform, but also "reconnect" all the fans back to the entire series at once for KH3.

It'd still be a kind of silly name though. But so is Three Five Eight Days Over Two.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'm surprised no one else is excited for 2.8 Final Mix, the final final chapter prologue (Japan only for a decade)

Muke

whatever
Awards
I still think they should port the ReMixes after 3. DDD has next to all the infos that are necessary. If they port the RMs before 3, it's a given the fans will explode.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm a slowpoke and still working on 100% the remixes, would be just my luck that they would be released for PS4 before I can finish that. It would be kind of funny though if they did PS4 release of all the games, because that would mean you could own almost every KH game on 3 different platforms. You know, if you count the movie versions of Days and Coded. I know it wouldn't make much sense to buy a full collection if you already have everything on two consoles but... could I resist an ultimate KH collection? I hope we'll never know.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Do you guys remember when Nomura said that there was four stories he wanted to tell in the series before its end? They were the story of Xehanort's past (BbS), King Mickey's Time in the Realm of Darkness (presumably 0.2), the story of Roxas (Days), and Riku's journey throughout KH. We got a tiny bit of the last one in CoM, but I actually do want to see at least a short story about this part. I think it would be interesting. Worth making before KHIII? Oh hell no. But interesting to say the least.

Kingdom Hearts: the Half Life 3 Edition.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Do you guys remember when Nomura said that there was four stories he wanted to tell in the series before its end? They were the story of Xehanort's past (BbS), King Mickey's Time in the Realm of Darkness (presumably 0.2), the story of Roxas (Days), and Riku's journey throughout KH.
Too bad the two of those I actually wanted to see/know never happened, while the two I didn't care about did. :/

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
We got a tiny bit of the last one in CoM, but I actually do want to see at least a short story about this part. I think it would be interesting. Worth making before KHIII? Oh hell no. But interesting to say the least.

I wouldn't say it's improbable. There's still the popular theory that young Riku is one of the SoD's, which could potentially set up a conflict for Master Riku to face throughout KH3 as he confronts his younger, dumbass self.

That being said though, Nomura referred to it as "Riku's period of absence," which more likely relates to his shennanigans as Riku-Ansem post-Days.

edit: Unless you were referring to Riku's journey across the whole series and not just KH1, in that case, my bad, and I certainly do share the same sentiments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back