• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Card Thrower! Nice!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legato_Blue

lol gambit is my favorite x-men. but i still think the card thing is lame. i like gambit cause he uses the staff and make things explode. he only uses cards becuase they are an easy projectile to make explode... he doesnt throw cards at people to cut them....lol

BHK (Unknown)

Blonde Haired Knight
Sitting in my fort of ineptitude... In other words
Legato_Blue said:
i can imagine a really easy bossfight if his weopons are cards...so the fight begins....

Luxord/Ruxodo: "mwahahaha feel the wrath of my tiny pieces of cardboard! mwahahah"(throws card at sora)
Sora: (card hits him in teh face) "uhh are you freakin serious dude"
Luxord/Ruxodo: "mwahahaha! yes! mwahaha im old! mwahaha.... doom"
Sora:"okay..."(sora does ars arcanum luxord/ruxoda falls on teh ground groanding"my hip",and then all his cards fall on the ground and he disapears) "hey is that a... OMG it is OMG its a holographic pikachu...OMG!"

okay that was really gay but yeah, obviosly i think the card idea is gay

Lol, Im gonna laugh when you come asking for help against in the boss battle. Nah Im just kiddin you. Anyway I think the whole card throwing dealie is pretty cool.

hudson

It's like that guy said, you don't really know what he's gonna do with those cards...besides we already had a thrower: larxene, even though she threw knives, it's still the same idea. Another thrower would be boring.

lol its like this

luxord: I summon Sephiroth!!
SOra: Yay I can kill him again!!
luxord: Did I say Sephiroth? I meant... 5000 Sephiroths!
Sora: Oh... Crap.....................

Heartless1990

Card throwing is a lot more lethal than you guys think dudes -_-

That's why I practiced them. I sliced a watermelon and came out the other side. That's only trainie. You want to get expert, you have to master distance. Card throwing isn't "gay"; I use them for self defense against idiots in my school, honestly.

Heartless1990

DrkNessOfHeart said:
well u want 2 teach me? i didnt kno u could actually do that....that will b sweet 2 learn....and luxord..depends how he uses the cards like i said....

Dude, just go to that link I typed before

www.davidslife.com/funstuff/cards/technique.htm

It takes practiced. Ricky Jay's the man.

If you want to do easier to use and not willing to buy the stupid $200 book on Cards As Weapons, look up Card Throwing on Google.

The Jay throwing technique with complete arm action
The entire throwing action is similar to that of scaling a Frisbee or saucer and the motion of the arm bending back at the elbow is like the swing of a pendulum. This back-and-forth action may be repeated a few times before the release of the card as a sort of warm-up exercise; this is similar to practice-stroking before the shot in a game of billiards.

Resume the relaxed position in the chair. The chair will be familiar with you by this time and it too will be relaxed.
Hold the card in the Jay grip and straighten out the arm, keeping it parallel to the floor.
Keeping the arm in the same plane, bend the arm in at the elbow, back toward your body, at an angle of 90°.
The wrist continues to move back but the arm remains stationary until the card touches the base of the palm exactly as in the spinning exercise.
The wrist and arm swing forward to the original straight position and at this point the card is released.
The follow-through: as the card is released the wrist goes further to the right of the extended straight arm and the fingers open slightly in a flicking motion.

I dont get this! tell me in a understandable way plz!

Heartless1990

KH2Researcher said:
I dont get this! tell me in a understandable way plz!

I'll translate it to the best of my ability. I'll assume you're righty.

The tip of your index finger should be on the the upper right corner. Your thumb should be on the middle of the card (don't try to adjust it, defaulted how you hold it should be fine enough). The center bone of your middle should be on the other side of the thumb so you can now hold it in your hand. If you don't understand this still, go to the link and look at how they hold the card

Extend your arm straight out forward. Bend your arm back and your wrist back to your chest. Unbend your arm fast as if you're swinging your arm. Let go of the card before your arm completely extends out

I am so bad at wording this. Just try your best to follow the directions on the site and if you don't understand, read slowly and carefully. You could google it on other Card Throwing techniques but I think the Ricky Jay technique is most powerful. If you're only a trainie, try the method used by Rick Smith Jr (once seen on Big Harvey's Big Time, I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back