• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

cardcaptor sakura (or Cardcaptors)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
i remember watching it ages ago, never could stand the dub though (they butchered it something shocking) so i watched it subbed

Though i never saw the 2nd half of the series

Haku

<3
I loved watching this show, Syaoran was my favorite character I prefered reading the manga instead of watching the English dub though.

Oblivionite

I used to watch this show like crazy. I remember at the end the girl and the other guy card captor were looking for the final card it was some big white bird. The show was getting good and they cancelled it...

Haku

<3
Yeah its quite sad really:

Although Nelvana adapted all 70 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura, half were omitted from broadcast in the United States, for content unsuitable for children or otherwise noted. Romantic subtext between several characters (I.E; Sakura/Madison, Tori/Jullian, Mr. Terada/Rita, among some of the few) were removed in order to retain platonic and heterosexual relationships, as the subject matter was not suitable for children, the series main target audience. The first episode of the dub ("Sakura's Rival") was Cardcaptor Sakura's Eighth Episode.

Cardcaptors first aired in the United States in June 23d, 2000, on Kids' WB during its Saturday morning block and ran for 58 episodes shortly before being canceled. Cartoon Network also carried the series during the afternoon Toonami block beginning on June 4, 2001, during the merge between Kids WB and Cartoon Network. Half of the first season was aired only once before the series was removed from the lineup.

In other English-speaking countries (i.e. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom), Cardcaptors ran in a more complete form, with all 70 episodes being shown in its original order, though still an edited form due to culture and political differences, in some cases keeping the English opening and closing themes in favor of Japanese versions of the original themes. Australia and India received the original titles in their distributions, with dubbed versions of at least 4 of the 6 title/credit songs. They started the show in January 2000 before canceling it in Canada around July 2000. On November 14th, 2000, Cardcaptors was released on both VHS and DVD. However, by July 9, 2002, the series cancelled after the ninth volume (the beginning of the second arc) on both VHS and DVD formats. (The original Cardcaptor Sakura series has been released by Pioneer, uncut, featuring all 70 episodes on 18 discs.) As it stands, none of the Cardcaptors episodes are available in any form of Bootleg or VCD.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
Although Nelvana adapted all 70 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura, half were omitted from broadcast in the United States, for content unsuitable for children or otherwise noted. Romantic subtext between several characters (I.E; Sakura/Madison, Tori/Jullian, Mr. Terada/Rita, among some of the few) were removed in order to retain platonic and heterosexual relationships, as the subject matter was not suitable for children, the series main target audience. The first episode of the dub ("Sakura's Rival") was Cardcaptor Sakura's Eighth Episode.

Cardcaptors first aired in the United States in June 23d, 2000, on Kids' WB during its Saturday morning block and ran for 58 episodes shortly before being canceled. Cartoon Network also carried the series during the afternoon Toonami block beginning on June 4, 2001, during the merge between Kids WB and Cartoon Network. Half of the first season was aired only once before the series was removed from the lineup.

In other English-speaking countries (i.e. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom), Cardcaptors ran in a more complete form, with all 70 episodes being shown in its original order, though still an edited form due to culture and political differences, in some cases keeping the English opening and closing themes in favor of Japanese versions of the original themes. Australia and India received the original titles in their distributions, with dubbed versions of at least 4 of the 6 title/credit songs. They started the show in January 2000 before canceling it in Canada around July 2000. On November 14th, 2000, Cardcaptors was released on both VHS and DVD. However, by July 9, 2002, the series cancelled after the ninth volume (the beginning of the second arc) on both VHS and DVD formats. (The original Cardcaptor Sakura series has been released by Pioneer, uncut, featuring all 70 episodes on 18 discs.) As it stands, none of the Cardcaptors episodes are available in any form of Bootleg or VCD.

what?! ah man :/

the Tori(Toya)/Jullian(Yukito) and Rita/Mr.terada thing was kinda... ermm.. *no word to excactly tell* but the fact that no cardcaptor episodes in VCd form just sucked >:/

Haku

<3
When it did air on CN they were skipping episodes left and right so it was easy to loose track of what was going on.

Haku

<3
Hmm I don't know really that's the main reason why I didn't like the dubbed version, you're better off just reading the manga to see them capture every card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back