• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cards?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
I didn't know where to put this, and since CoM has a lot to do with cards, I figured I should put it here. So, does anyone else think Nomura has an unhealthy obsession with cards? I was just thinking, and there are a lot of card things going on in Kingdom Hearts. The most obvious is CoM, where the battle system was based off of cards. And then there is Luxord, who uses cards as his weapon. Apparently, in days each of his weapons are based off of a different kind of card from the Tarot decks mostly used in ancient Europe. But, as some may not know, it seems as if BBS is based off of a deck battling system (of course, not to the extent as CoM). And the final one, that I find most interesting, is that there are 13 members of Org. XIII, one for each card in a standard poker deck. Now normaly I would write this off as a coincidence, but what's interesting is the only female member of the organization, Larxene, is numbered 12, the same number as the Queen. Coincidence? I think not!

Discuss, and please no flaming =D

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
That is weird... And FF Agito XIII is based on cards from what I can tell too.

It might not be so far as unhealthy then as running out of ideas. Or just being really creative with used Ideas.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Nomura has a lot of unhealthy obsessions. i.e. zippers, blue eyes, and reusing character designs =P

Don't really know if the card things is an obsession but he did say that Luxord was his favorite Organization member. As far as Luxord's card names go, they do go with his weapon. Like most of the other Organization members, their weapon names sort of reflect what their element deals with. Why not Tarot cards for Luxord, I dunno.

Last edited:

Xnairb

Website
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that Luxord is his favorite character. Probably because he uses cards. Then again, Luxord is just awesome (he's my favorite member too =P)

aweomeness96

That is weird... And FF Agito XIII is based on cards from what I can tell too.

It might not be so far as unhealthy then as running out of ideas. Or just being really creative with used Ideas.
i dont know... the way he said it makes it kinda seem like an unhealthy obsession...

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
well if im not mistaking the team that made COM are the ones that are doing BBS..... so that could explain why you use a card system

ChrisLux

I agree, Lots of things in Kh are cardy (lol) i think it's just a creative thing though. Oh yeah and, by the way, Luxord and larxene rock!!

Xnairb

Website
YEAH LUXORD! anyway, @ puxal, if I were on that team I would have scraped the card idea because of the fan reaction. They probably kept it because Nomura would have fired them if they didn't

MrGubs

Website
www.facebook.com
I dont really think that he had a unhealthy obsession or even a obsession. Maybe Nomura just liked Cards, I do, as there a good pastime to play with my mates. By adding the Card-battle system in CoM, it had made a nice, interesting twist in it which work really well. Alos about the Org13, i never thought of that in that way, thanks for pointing that out!
Although, Im not so happy about the some-what-like Battle-Card system in BbS. Ah well, I hope that game is gonna be good, the Graphics look so good!

BluesStar21

Is there somethign wrong with the cards system? I like the whole idea, it was fresh and fun. Gave the game more of a easy flow to it, when your trying to do your moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back