• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castle Oblivion Nobodies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narxus

It always bugged me that the Castle Oblivion crew never got their own Nobody underlings in Kingdom Hearts II with the rest of the Organization, something I doubt will change with II.5, so I must ask, IF they were to get their own, what would they be like and how would they represent their Organization counterparts?

blksabbath74

It always bugged me that the Castle Oblivion crew never got their own Nobody underlings in Kingdom Hearts II with the rest of the Organization, something I doubt will change with II.5, so I must ask, IF they were to get their own, what would they be like and how would they represent their Organization counterparts?

Larxene would have mean popular cheerleader Nobodies that mocked you.

Marluxia would have backup dancer Nobodies that dropped a path of rose petals for his diva ass to walk upon...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Larxene would have mean popular cheerleader Nobodies that mocked you.

Marluxia would have backup dancer Nobodies that dropped a path of rose petals for his diva ass to walk upon...

That...would have been kind of awesome actually. Demyx had the Dancer nobodies though, so Marluxia could get stylist Nobodies.

@OP

I never minded tbh. I didn't even notice that they didn't get their own Nobodies until someone pointed it out, but since they're rare, I guess it could be said that no all humanoid Nobodies can obtain subservient Nobodies. There are limited varieties, but I forgot if it was ever mentioned how they came about and how they're assigned.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm sure the members at CO did have their own breed of nobody, they just chose not to bring them to castle oblivion. Also, Nobodies were not established until KH2 so it makes sense why the members featured in CoM didn't have their own personal nobodies in the game.

I imagine that their breeds would have the same attributes as they did. For example, Marluxia's nobodies would have scythes like he did.

blksabbath74

I'm sure the members at CO did have their own breed of nobody, they just chose not to bring them to castle oblivion. Also, Nobodies were not established until KH2 so it makes sense why the members featured in CoM didn't have their own personal nobodies in the game.

I imagine that their breeds would have the same attributes as they did. For example, Marluxia's nobodies would have scythes like he did.

They would be fancy, like he was...and pamper him...

Veritas7340

I don't mind the fact that they weren't used. It just begs the question as to why they would choose to not call in some minion backup once Sora and Riku started to waste some of them...

To be fair, IIRC, in the KHII scenes, most of the Organization do not fight Sora with their respective nobodies (if I am wrong, guess I forgot)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The nobody underlings were working behind the scenes, but if the traitors summoned them they probably ran the risk of the higher ups finding out. At least that's an easy way to justify it, Nomura probably just didn't want to.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Despite the HM Nobodies having subordinates they were pretty underutilized for the most part really. Roxas only ever called on his Samurai once, and did Axel ever use his Assassins (I get the feeling that he did, but I can't remember off the top of my head)? It's the kind of thing where it's a cool idea, but then one has to consider how much easier it'd be for the Org. to accomplish things if they'd just called on their subordinates. It just doesn't work well in game where the heroes are a very small ragtag group, and while interesting, they probably shouldn't have brought it up since it seems that they weren't able to really utilize it.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I remember seeing the entire Organization, except for the ones sent to Castle Oblivion having those underlings. Ruran, I think Axel might have used those Assassins along with the Dusks prior to his fight with Roxas in the basement of the old mansion in Twilight Town. I can understand why Marluxia and Larxene didn't use their underlings, but...what about Zexion, Vexen and Lexaeus? They weren't traitors last I recall.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Perhaps they didn't command anybody? Or that they did, but chose not to do so during their time during their time in the CO? That's certainly an option.

In the case of Marluxia, however, I like to think that the Nobody he was riding, the Spectre (and its angelic form), was a one-of-a-kind Nobody that happened to actually be his attaché, just like how the Snipers were to Xigbar, Samurai were to Roxas, and so on. After all, it wielded a pair of scythe arms and later a giant scythe, which was Marluxia's weapon of choice.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Personally, I didn't care about the Castle Oblivion members not using their Nobody underlings (assuming they had them to begin with) since most of them never really needed them in the first place until Sora and Riku became so strong that sending them in would have been a waste. Assuming that the Scythe thing that Marluxia used was a Nobody, he never needed another since he was so powerful without one.

As a result, the only ones that should have used their Nobody underlings yet didn't were Vexen and Zexion. Vexan needed them considering that he was just that weak; Zexion may or may not have needed them, but him not utilizing them is weird considering that he likes to operate in the shadows and has the moniker of The Cloaked Schemer.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Roxas only ever called on his Samurai once, and did Axel ever use his Assassins (I get the feeling that he did, but I can't remember off the top of my head)?

They appear right after DiZ freezes him in the last day of the simulation, clearly part of his attack force (which otherwise only consists of generics). Furthermore, after Axel is chased away from the simulation, you don't see Assassins again for most of the game. They only return after Axel dies, if I'm not mistaken, and certainly not in force, and have presumably been missing because Axel's running around trying to find Kairi and the Org perhaps didn't regain control of them until he died.

I think if helper Nobodies had been included in Days, there could have been elegant explanation for why there aren't helper Nobodies for the Castle Oblivion crew: they might have been introduced to the game after the events at CO take place. Only the living members get helpers, problem solved, Xion doesn't get her own (she'd probably get Samurais to cement her being a gameplay clone of Roxas), adding further hints that she's not a "proper" member. Alternately, Days could have added new helpers but we know that didn't happen.

Off topic, but frankly, the lack of helper Nobodies in Days always annoyed me (and portraying them as "practice" enemies didn't make them seem like allies, either!). I get that the mechanics just didn't work, but when the Nobodies show up in 2, they clearly know Roxas, call him "Lord," and the Samurais respond to him even after his "death." Couldn't they have at least showed up during Days' conversation sections, hanging around, being creepy? (In the manga, Dusks doodle on Roxas' face when he's unconscious, I think that's fantastic)

Last edited:

blksabbath74

The nobody underlings were working behind the scenes, but if the traitors summoned them they probably ran the risk of the higher ups finding out. At least that's an easy way to justify it, Nomura probably just didn't want to.

This...

If you'd seen Nobodies in Castle Oblivion, it would have ruined that 'WTF was that?' in KH2 when you first saw the picture thief.

Narxus

Granted, I never really cared if they were ever shown with their respective masters (as a matter of fact, I think only a handful of members ever had a cutscene showing their Nobodies actually working for them) I just would have liked to have seen some Nobodies in KHII that would have been later revealed to have had been controlled by a C.O. member, similar to still seeing Dancers and Dragoons after Demyx's and Xaldin's respective deaths as with the other members. It would have been nice to see S.E. create more Nobodies then the 11 we saw in KH2 (vs dozens of types of Heartless, Unversed, and Dream Eaters), and I would have liked to have seen how S.E. could have made lesser versions of the likes of Zexion and Lexaeus

Rolands

I think that the reason there aren't any lesser nobodies of the exterminated members is because they're dead. It doesn't make much sense that nobodies just happen to form into shapes that coincide with the remaining organization members, right? That's why I think the organization is actually able to mold the form of nobodies. There are several occasions where Xemnas threatens to turn a member into a Dusk. I imagine that the other members could similarly shape them into a form similar to their own.

Narxus

And yet, the lesser Nobodies of KHII's Org. members still appear after their respective demise. If it was as simple as them morphing the Nobodies working for them, wouldn't they disappear after their masters were destroyed?

Rolands

And yet, the lesser Nobodies of KHII's Org. members still appear after their respective demise. If it was as simple as them morphing the Nobodies working for them, wouldn't they disappear after their masters were destroyed?
I don't think that they revert as soon as the ones who change them are destroyed, but that they keep their new forms until another organization member changes them. The organization had almost to consolidate the eliminated member's forces after COM, whereas Kingdom Hearts 2 probably took place over the course of around a month.

Gram

Banned
Awards
This, all lesser nobodies are being unto their own. They are assigned to an Org member not warped by them. And also their loyalties are to the org as a whole so, in such case as Roxas, an Org member goes AWOL the nobodies that were under them will follow the org orders rather than the defected member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back