• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Category 5 Hurricane Irma, "Probably the worst hurricane in decades"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/world/americas/hurricane-irma-update.html

Irma_1504620104979_9055645_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
Oh my God.... May there be prayers to the souls who are and will be affected.
To those who haven't experienced the storm yet but are at the places where it will hit, GET THE ABSOLUTE HECK OUT OF THERE NOW!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I should say so, ick. I hope this does not hit Disneyland in Florida.

Tho with this and the recent Texas hurricane; My prayers are with the survivors/victims of this. And I suggest to anyone religious of any persuasion to pray for them; this has been a nightmare of a hurricane season this year.

Soldier

Awards
Jeez all of this damage looks bad, and I thought superstorm sandy was deadly when it hit the east coast (then again, it's rare that a hurricane or any strong weather phenomena hits me) this is just utter devastation. Hope everyone in the path of the storm's evacuating, cause those winds can sweep you off your feet.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'll be fine. We are prepared and ready to embrace. A lot of people are evacuated although the hurricane is going to affect mostly everything up north and going up east coast. There's no escaping it as well. Hurricane Jose just turned into a category 2 and is on its way with a similar path.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I'll be fine. We are prepared and ready to embrace. A lot of people are evacuated although the hurricane is going to affect mostly everything up north and going up east coast. There's no escaping it as well. Hurricane Jose just turned into a category 2 and is on its way with a similar path.
Definitely good luck to you man. The storm sounds nasty. :(

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. Atlanta and the area around (I live about 30 minutes east; we're getting some) is getting hit by Tropical Storm Irma. I thought originally it'd just be the remnants, but it's sorta held together.

It is not as bad as people thought; I got one arm scratched up pulling flingable things to shelter. (Darn wild rosebush) but so far so good. No flooding in our basement. We have power still; My sister in law lost power for a couple hours today. No trees over; tho there's a dead tree in our back yard that really needs to go.

If things start getting bad, we got bottled water and lunchmeat; I thought of that when my middle brother was getting the bottled water b/c well, we got bread, if the power goes out for a long time we can at least make sammwiches. (I'd originally thought submarine sammwiches but no submarine rolls were available to buy. I now know why people buy out all the bread when they hear storm..they're thinking "what if the power goes out?" I always thought it was dumb when "heck, it's just a little ice storm..")

Worst should be over by tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
My GP lives in FL. Thankfully he lives on the east side of the peninsula. My uncle went to watch over him. My family is still praying for everyone enduring the hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back