• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CG In Future KH Games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which would you guys rather?

• The whole game in CG

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • Only the cutscenes in CG

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Only the opening and ending scenes in CG

Votes: 34 38.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggieKeyblader

Do you guys think future KH games will be completely CG (good graphics seen at in the opening and ending scenes of past games), just the cutscenes, or only the opening and ending scenes? And what would you prefer?

I'm pretty sure that FFXIII is completely CG, so it's possible that KH will be as well. But I kind of like the colorful and simple in-game graphics of previous KH games. So, for me, I'd rather prefer in-game graphics for gameplay, and CG for all of the cutscenes.

Roxas-XIII

Everytime i try to vote my internet doesnt display it, but id rather they had all the cutscenes in CG and keep the in-game gameplay graphics. Although, it might be slightly strange if all the cutscenes were CG because it might not look too good with the in-game graphics. Hopefully that made sense >.<

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Do you guys think future KH games will be completely CG (good graphics seen at in the opening and ending scenes of past games), just the cutscenes, or only the opening and ending scenes? And what would you prefer?

I think that there will be CG in future KH game for many reasons:
1). The world is progressing as we know it. There could be better graphics than CG later on. I don't really see why Nomura wouldn't use CG or something better in a later KH game.
2). Like you said, he used CG in the past, so why shouldn't he use it later?

And, I think it would be really cool for the CG to be incorporated in to the opening, all of the cutscenes, and the ending as well.

T

The Spoiler

The whole damn game. Oohh yeah, im having a kingdomheartsgasm just thinking about it.omgsh

Sora^Fan

Only the cutscenes ^.^ I really don't see how CG would work..plus if the game was to be made in all CG it would take years before we could see the final product seeing as CG takes alot of time to animate =/ Sure KH will have better graphics in the future but not CG...like I said just for cutscenes ^.^

Sora'sProtector

Uhm. You can't make an entire game in CG, you wouldn't be able to play. CG only looks so amazing because its pre-rendered scenes that don't need any variables in movement.

I'm assuming you just mean really awesome graphics the entire game. If so, there are a lot of games that do this already. Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 look beautiful the whole way through, and use the game's engine to create cutscenes. In otherwords, there is no CG in those games.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Uhm. You can't make an entire game in CG, you wouldn't be able to play. CG only looks so amazing because its pre-rendered scenes that don't need any variables in movement.

I'm assuming you just mean really awesome graphics the entire game. If so, there are a lot of games that do this already. Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 look beautiful the whole way through, and use the game's engine to create cutscenes. In otherwords, there is no CG in those games.

Yeah, if KH3 is that far along graphically wise, there would be no need for CG. I always pictured KH3 to look kind of like a pixar movie when being played. Kind of like how Insomniac works the Ratchet Series on the PS3. Not real life graphics, but damn good ones...

zero123

It won't be. 99% sure. Remember that this is Disney as well. How would the Disney characters look? Mickey, Donald and Goofy looked ok, but that would not be the same for the rest. It would take away to much of the Disney feel of the game.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It would probably take up an enormous amount of space and we wouldnt see the likes of any optional bosses or anything in that area, so I think that only the Openings and Endings would be CG. If they found a good way to do it and not take away any extra features I'd like it to all be CG, but I dont think that could happen.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Why wouldn't anyone want the enitre game in CG? At the very least, all the cutscenes should be. I also want all of the dialogue voiced and all the lips synced. Not that text based crap and randomly moving mouths.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I'm pretty sure that FFXIII is completely CG, so it's possible that KH will be as well. But I kind of like the colorful and simple in-game graphics of previous KH games. So, for me, I'd rather prefer in-game graphics for gameplay, and CG for all of the cutscenes.

FFXIII has about three hours of CG, and six hours of in-engine cutscenes, so it's not fully CG.

I'd prefer KH to stick with the in-game graphics for the cutscenes, apart from the OP and ED, because it's nice to see the weapon and outfit changes reflected in the cutscenes.

Suzuku

FFXIII is no where near completely CG. :I

And a game can't be in complete CG. Do you even understand what CG is? It's pre-rendered graphics, meaning they won't render in real time, i.e. while you're playing the game. That's why some cutscenes look way better than gameplay.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
FFXIII graphics would be cool
as long as the disney world dont look too realistic

FadedSunrise

I would want the cutscenes to be all or almost all CG, or at least the crucial cutscenes-kinda like the blend in FFVII Crisis Core. The rest with in game graphics.

I don't think Disney would look too too bad CGed though...

SilverCyrus

Cutscenes.

Maybe not all cutscenes but big ones, like the end of each world, and very important events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back