• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chain of Memories Was the Best Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

slmcknett

I liked CoM because it had so much mystery and suspense in it. I mean, so did the first game (which is my favorite as well) but the plot of CoM was just really engaging, because you felt that you never knew what was going to happen next (like Axel murdering Vexen and Zexion). Also, the personalities of the characters in CoM were portayed very well in terms of script and dialogue, and the VA's in the remake did a good job as well representing their character's emotions. Because of this, I didn't like KH2 that much; the character's personalities seemed a like...botchy I guess. Sora seemed to immature to be a 15-year-old Keyblade wielder. That, plus he cried when he found Riku, but not when he found his girlfriend --_--...

Also, the new Organization members in KH2 didn't stand out that much like the ones in CoM; they seemed too boring and unimportant. I mean, in CoM, each Org member served his purpose (Marluxia = Final Boss, Larxene = 2nd in Command, Axel = Spy, Vexen = Scientist, Zexion = Conspirator, Lexaeus = Heavy Lifter), but in KH2, half the Org members were only there because they needed to make 13 members (Xigbar, Demyx, Xaldin, Luxord). The only important ones were Xemnas = Leader, Saix = 2nd in Command, and Roxas = the Main Character's other half. No one else did anything. I mean, sure, the game had a different script writer and everything, but still, come on, they could have done a better job at developing the characters. Plus, there was just soooo much filler in KH2 it was unbelievable; half the world had NO purpose at all (Atlantica, Agrabah, Pride Lands, Halloween Town, Land of Dragons). But, whatever, that's the end of my rant. Hope ya had fun reading all of it...

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi
I liked CoM but i got stuck in floor 13 at the last door and i couldnt find a 1 blue card. But in Re:CoM i passed it and it was great but my prob was partically skipping every world in order to continue the plot so then i got stuck in the boss battles because I didnt level up.

And I like KH2 it is what got me into KH

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
Somehow i always find myself enjoying playing re:com. you're right, it is the best game. (story-wise)

OracleActI

KH1 had a great story-line. CoM also had an excellent story, but the Disney stories were really shallow.

State

Awards
I also enjoyed KH Re: CoM. The remake actually made you put effort in trying to build a strong deck with sleights and "0" cards in it.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I must say KH1 is my favorite, as the Disney aspect of CoM is... sub-par, but I really do ADORE the game. Magnificent Organization Members, and the whole Namine plot is the best. :3

Same case with me.

KH1 I like more because there's more stuff to do after the main quest.

But as for the main story, CoM gets it because I adore Larxene and Zexion.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
The Disney plot was really bad :/ (though they kept up with the memory theme) and they were damn pointless in R/R. Which is why KH1 was also my favorite.
But things do make up for it, the original storyline was amazing, and the gameplay was the best. It's strategicial, and you have to play your cards right (no pun intended?).
In other worlds, NO BUTTON MASHING.

Not to mention Sora was the most mature in CoM, IMO.
If the Disney world's plot was better in CoM, that would be my favorite.

Awards
Concerning gameplay...

So does more thought equate to better?
I'd also like to point out that this is still a button masher.

From the way I see it, the cards put emphasis on more analytical strategy than mechanical ones. You're not concerned about the actual enemy attack so much as you are with the number that accompanies it at the bottom of the screen. Special moves, rather than requiring extra prowess, need only a zero card to be avoided, or a higher number.

That shift in concern totally detracts from the actual fight.

The biggest complaint I had, with the original and remake, is the gameplay. People can voice their opinion about how innovative it is, but the fact of the matter is that innovation doesn't always equate to fun. It was a noble effort on the GBA, to be sure, and they spruced it up nicely on the PS2 but, regardless, it's not my kind of gameplay, not the kind I grew to love about KH1 and KH2.

Room creation is, again, a nice idea, but it creates a sense of discontinuity between areas where you're just boxed in from one room to the next. Changing the battlefield also seems to upset the continuity between the story and the actual combat. Does Sora actually transport to a circular arena for Org fights (rhetorical)? The setting change is too final fantasy.

The cards themselves created an extremely disjointed back and forth pace that seemed ultimately more irritating (especially in sluggish battles like with Repliku IV) than thrilling. I didn't feel satisfied when I destroyed a boss or set of enemies, I felt relieved that I could finally advance... and do the same thing later.

Not to mention how the randomness of the room creation cards totally sapped the fun out of exploration. How many times did you continually fight hordes of the same enemy until you found that Green five card? I sure as hell did it a lot, only adding to my frustration. In fact, the whole concept of exploration in this game was nothing more than grinding, making the pace even messier than the battles.

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!
I liked CoM but i got stuck in floor 13 at the last door and i couldnt find a 1 blue card. But in Re:CoM i passed it and it was great but my prob was partically skipping every world in order to continue the plot so then i got stuck in the boss battles because I didnt level up.

And I like KH2 it is what got me into KH
HOLY SHIZZNITZ.
That happened to me the fist time I played CoM.
I ended up deleting all my map cards and going through the worlds again.

Last edited:

aswaxsora

Awards
I think KH was the best one. KHII became too easy and a bit boring and confusing (At least to my sister). KHRe:CoM/CoM gets hard for me. Why? Because when you run out of cards, you have to refresh it. Not all the cards come back. In KH and KHII you can attack freely.
The only thing that I like in KHRe:CoM/CoM is Riku's story, Naminé, the castle, no Kairi, and the "world" Castle Oblivion. Sure, Larxene and Zexion are one of my favorite Organization members, but I don't like Marluxia (Should have stayed a girl),and Vexen (PERVERT!). Don't see why it was the BEST. KH is the BEST!

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!
I think KH was the best one. KHII became too easy and a bit boring and confusing (At least to my sister). KHRe:CoM/CoM gets hard for me. Why? Because when you run out of cards, you have to refresh it. Not all the cards come back. In KH and KHII you can attack freely.
The only thing that I like in KHRe:CoM/CoM is Riku's story, Naminé, the castle, no Kairi, and the "world" Castle Oblivion. Sure, Larxene and Zexion are one of my favorite Organization members, but I don't like Marluxia (Should have stayed a girl),and Vexen (PERVERT!). Don't see why it was the BEST. KH is the BEST!

Had the best moments.
I can understand you being frustrated with the card system. But after you get used to it, it can be fun.

Prozakc

Yeah CoM had a good story, but I loved the greater involvement of the Disney Villains in the first one. It just made the experience much more enjoyable.

A. Rex

Meh. Chain of Memories was good, but not that good. The card system sucked, and the story is really boring untill the very end. Also, requires way WAY too much grinding for my tastes.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
yeah. i loved chain of memories. there wasn't anything disappointing about it for me. maybe about revisiting worlds but that's understandable to the plot.

Cloaked_Assassin

Chain of Memories was truly a well-built and extrordinary game. I don't know why only a few number of people seem to enjoy it? Of course it could be because it had some aspects that actually made you think a little, unlike KH2 at least (it might have just been me though). Or it could have been the card system? Anyway, COM was definitely wonderful in it's own right and my favorite out of the three (I'm not counting Days since I haven't played it yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back