• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Checking interest of a zombie roleplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CactusAce

Awards
I've noticed the roleplaying section here isn't running as well as people lead me to believe it used to be, and I am a good roleplayer, so I thought I'd make a contribution.

So, this would be based in the real world (of course) and would involve all characters starting off in the same warehouse, ran by randoms that know how to use guns as well as policemen. After random people start dying in the warehouse, our characters decide to leave, taking guns and supples as they try to leave America.
Because really, that';s the only place you can base a good Zombie RP.

I won't continue planning for the rp unless some people show interest, so its pretty much up to you guys :)

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Zombie RPs have major problems with them.

1. Disunity: The grand majority of the characters in the RP will often trek off by themselves and pursue isolated story veins. While this is fine and good, it creates contrast between what the rest of the world is doing and a disruption in the continuity of the story.

2. Lack of a goal: Survival is, contrary to popular belief, an ill-equipped goal. In standard role-plays with conflict running amok, survival is already a major priority to RPers and their characters. Doing so in a zombie setting will not engage the RPers. And this goes back to what I said before about disruption to continuity, a universal goal for the wannabe zombie-slayers will often push the inactive or slower writers aside. In other words, there is no such thing as a heroic group, it is only individuals that become heroic.

3. Lack of in-universe activity: What's there to do? Shoot a zombie, acquire infinite ammo, bad pick-up line, rinse, lather, repeat. Zombies as a genre is so insubstantial it falls apart at the seams. Zombie flicks are never about the zombies themselves but rather the prospect of isolated, desperation and the fantasy of being the only human left in the world. And since practically no one will allow themselves to become infected, all the RPers will spend doing is awkwardly summing up their character's personality in disjointed actions that barely constitute as interactions with one another.

tl;dr: Zombie RPs is about player interacting with player, never about the zombies. So, it is heavily dependent on the RPers literally making small-talk with one another. And in an inactive section like this, that spells disaster... zombie disaster that is.

I suggest if you want to get things rolling in this section, start small. A Kingdom Hearts role-play here and there, maybe a new original RP. Going for something as flimsy as zombies isn't recommended.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
As much as it pains me, I gotta agree with Wolfe here. I love zombies as much as the next guy, perhaps even more, but he's stated why they never last long on here. But if you end up being gung-ho about making one, I'd suggest you do something along the lines of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Give the people a goal and isolate the location to a single city, county or even small state. I'm sure that you wouldn't have much problem getting the members seeing as how there are several here that enjoy zombie RPs, the problem is keeping them interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back