• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chronological Order?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xurik

Would it be worth it to play through BBS in chronological order according to the timeline?

So it took me long enough but I finally started playing BBS (f**kin awesome btw) and I was wondering if having three separate save files going at once and playing through the worlds in the order they appear on the timeline in the Trinity Archives.

So basically I would be jumping back and forth between characters for the sake of making the events in the story line up, good idea or horrible pain in the ass?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That depends on how much you can tolerate stopping on a file and then reloading another I'd say, as you need to stop playing everytime another character's world starts.
Having three separate save files (one at least for each character) is advisable anyways for doing post-game stuff and for unlocking the Final Episode.

Then there is of course the issue where world visits between two or all characters overlap, how would you handle that?

The recommended order to play by series creator Tetsuya Nomura is Terra, Ventus, Aqua and from all what I saw the game is pretty much meant to be played one character after the other.

It's your decision, but I personally doubt that the experience would be better with stopping to play and reload savefiles so often.

Xurik

Then there is of course the issue where world visits between two or all characters overlap, how would you handle that?

If I were to try this I would start with whatever world started first or ended sooner if that makes sense.

I personally doubt that the experience would be better with stopping to play and reload savefiles so often.

Yeah I can see that being annoying.

Speaking of the timeline though, I don't see why Dwarf Woodlands comes before Enchanted Dominion in Terra's timeline if DW has a higher battle level (3>2). Seems to totally contradict the flow of the game, at least through the player's perspective.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I were to try this I would start with whatever world started first or ended sooner if that makes sense.

Yeah I can see that being annoying.

Speaking of the timeline though, I don't see why Dwarf Woodlands comes before Enchanted Dominion in Terra's timeline if DW has a higher battle level (3>2). Seems to totally contradict the flow of the game, at least through the player's perspective.

I see, well, then I'd say it depends on how easily or not you can be annoyed, *ggg*.
As in the end, it's your own decision if you want to try out this variant. If you get annoyed, you can still switch back to the normal method anyways. ;)

The Enchanted Dominion is Terra's first world even in the timeline, Dwarf Woodlands is Ven's first world.

The higher battle level discrepancy does come up in Dream Drop Distance though, as The Grid has a lower battle level than Prankster's Paradise, but the latter comes first in story terms.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
As one who has done this before to a t, it's much less hassle to sometimes not worry too much about it.

just go through the disney worlds in chronological order, RG in halvesies, Neverland in VTA order. Keyblade Graveyard can go in halves too.

Enchanted Dominion(ven) and Dwarf Woodland(Aqua) can be done back and forth switching between them. Same with Deep Space(Terra) and Olympus Coliseum(Ven).

And dwarf woodlands does not come before enchanted dominion in Terra's timeline. Enchanted Dominion is first and mandatory.

Xurik

Sorry I meant Castle of Dreams, all these damn castles are hard to keep up with when you're half asleep XP. Anyways CASTLE OF DREAMS has a lower battle level than Dwarf Woodlands but comes later in the story, that's what I meant to say.

But thanks ajmrowland its cool to hear from someone who's done this. One question tho, what exactly do you mean by "halvesies"? Like get to the first save point and switch characters?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
^ Woops be careful on the double posting.

Also I was thinking about playing like this on my next playthrough of BBS. I gotta have the internet handy so I can make sure I keep who visits which world in what order straight. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back