• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cincinnati Man Spanks Son Over Poor Video Gaming

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusCoreHacker

switched.com said:
We don't know who to lampoon first here, the father who hit his son for sucking at a video game, or the police and media who are portraying a spanking as serious child abuse.

According to Cincinnati police, 50-year-old Terry Taulbee was arrested and charged with domestic violence after he hit his six-year-old son around his lower back and buttocks leaving red hand prints which, according to the Cincinnati Inquirer, "caused pain for the child." According to the alleged victim's mother, the spanking took place after the boy performed poorly in a video game, which is just about the worst reason to spank anyone ever.

While the spanking was clearly undeserved, we'd hardly call it a "beating" like every other media outlet that has picked up the story. Sometimes a kid needs to get spanked. Most of us here at Switched got smacked in the butt when we misbehaved as children and we turned out (relatively) okay.

So is Taulbee guilty of "beating" his kid? No -- just of being a bad father and a jerk. But, sadly, those things are not illegal. [From: Cincinnati Inquirer, Via: Joystiq]

cc.com said:
EAST PRICE HILL – An East Price Hill father beat his 6-year-old son for playing a video game poorly, Cincinnati police say.Terry Taulbee, 50, was held Tuesday on a domestic violence charge at the Hamilton County jail.

Taulbee is accused of hitting the boy on his lower back and buttocks, leaving a large red hand mark, court records state. The area swelled and caused pain for the child.

The victim’s mother told police Taulbee became upset when the boy didn’t play a video game well.

The boy is with his mother, while Taulbee has been put under a safety plan which forbids him from having contact, said Brian Gregg, a spokesman for the Hamilton County Job and Family Services.

“We are investigating these allegations and looking into it, whether everyone is safe and healthy,” he said.

The safety plan will continue until Family Services makes sure everything is OK in the home, Gregg said.

“It is going to take some time to investigate and see what kinds of services are needed for the family,” he said.

I'm not seeing the part where the discipline ends and the child cruelty starts.

Jokes aside....

No seriously. I see none

Cincinnati Man Spanks Son Over Poor Video Gaming

Man charged with beating son over poor video game performance

According to one of the links. It was Boong-Ga Boong-Ga. Which I've never heard of.

Seanbaby.com - EGM's 10 Naughtiest Games of All Time

Last edited:

Neglect

What an imbecile. I've never believed that any parent is justified in striking their children; it should never be considered a resort. It only shows the simplicity and impatience of parents who are incapable of communicating with their children and instead of consulting with them, they contemplate a system of fear and physical superiority. And considering this man's supposed justification, it's just disgusting.

S

Shadow Soldier

I give props to that man for even spanking the child. It's not a beating. That's how tons of people were raised. I was raised like that. I also occasionally got the belt too. It's common, it makes your kid not stupid.

Awards
How come no one has brought up the issue of how a father lets his six year-old son play a game about anal probing?

Perhaps practice for when he can step up to the real game with daddy.

EDIT: Perhaps no one saw the update.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
What an imbecile. I've never believed that any parent is justified in striking their children; it should never be considered a resort. It only shows the simplicity and impatience of parents who are incapable of communicating with their children and instead of consulting with them, they contemplate a system of fear and physical superiority. And considering this man's supposed justification, it's just disgusting.

It does often work.

But I agree. Interestingly enough, the United States and Somalia are the only two countries under the United Nations to not ratify the child rights declaration. Part of it includes "freedom of thought and religion", so naturally the US is against it.

S

Shadow Soldier

I fucking love spanking someone. Just thought I would get that out.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

True. That's just...true. I was never spanked, and I'm perfectly fine. Spanking is technically child abuse seeing as it fits into the same guidelines as any other form of it.

S

Shadow Soldier

True. That's just...true. I was never spanked, and I'm perfectly fine. Spanking is technically child abuse seeing as it fits into the same guidelines as any other form of it.

Maybe, but it also goes against the country's rule. Like I'm in Canada, and you're allowed to do it. It's not bad. It's perfectly normal. Just because the kid cries doesn't mean it's abuse. I mean, if a kid cries because he doesn't get no dessert, is that starving the child? No.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

A spanking is not child abuse. Child abuse is the deliberate act of harming a child. When you spank a child, it is discipline and is used to teach a lesson.

Spankings should be used more, maybe kids wouldn't be doing such stupid shit if they got their asses spanked a few times.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
A spanking is not child abuse. Child abuse is the deliberate act of harming a child. When you spank a child, it is discipline and is used to teach a lesson.

Spankings should be used more, maybe kids wouldn't be doing such stupid shit if they got their asses spanked a few times.

Dude, you are messed up.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
So...physical abuse makes you smart? Uh huh? Really? I fail to see how that makes any sense. All it does is say "Hey, if you think for yourself, you get beaten." How does that make you smart exactly?

S

Shadow Soldier

So...physical abuse makes you smart? Uh huh? Really? I fail to see how that makes any sense. All it does is say "Hey, if you think for yourself, you get beaten." How does that make you smart exactly?

No that's not what MOST people spank a child for. If the child is misbehaving, you spank them. It's common sense.

Ulti said:
And yet we ignore he was spanked for sucking at an anal probing game. Holy shit you are all idiots. The kid doesn't deserve a spanking for an adult game.

Ya, but I think this topic has changed from the game, to actual spanking discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back