• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cinderella Heart Station

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square2

Awards
I noticed this in the PS2 version of Kingdom Hearts, but has anyone ever wondered why Cinderella has brown hair in her heart station? Its even in the HD remaster, so I was wondering if they chose not to fix it. I think she's supposed to be blonde... I think.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Aurora's dress is purple, but the fairies probably never changed it this color (it never happened in the film) and Snow White is seen eating a poisoned apple, yet she is seen awake under certain circumstances after completing Deep Jungle (and an apple likely never played a part in her falling asleep in KH1). Sora was technically dreaming, so these specific details may be a little abstract on purpose.

Cinderella's hair and ballgown color schemes have ever been under scrutiny. The film depicts her as strawberry blonde, the merchandise light blonde, and now this. Not sure how literal the Princesses of Heart stations are supposed to be taken. Diving into one's heart seems to give a much more specific view.

Sora was in his own heart when he "saw" the princesses. It might have looked different had he actually dove into their personal heart stations?

Or pretty conceptual art is pretty. So, they kept it. Whatever floats your boat.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
They probably wanted to keep the integrity of the original versions of the stain glasses. Although nice for noticing this. I never realized Cinderella's hair was brown until now. Aurora's dress is pretty understandable since purple/blue are interchangeable.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I noticed it in the original, but I never thought a great deal about it. The whole opening was surreal, and Cinderella's been in print with dark brown hair like that before.

Aurora's dress is pretty understandable since purple/blue are interchangeable.

Though they ended up choosing the blue dress for Aurora's model, the "mixing" of the colors seemed as though it was a nod to both Flora and Merryweather, a happy medium that showed no bias (until Aurora shows up later in game).

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Snow White had already eaten the apple in BBS.

As for cinderella(and aurora) it's arguably just an asthetic choice. How would strawberry blonde have worked in that sort of background? Square can't hide behind the "it's before they got new restorations" argument when the characters don't even look like they do in the laserdisc version of the movie.

I noticed it in the original, but I never thought a great deal about it. The whole opening was surreal, and Cinderella's been in print with dark brown hair like that before.

Though they ended up choosing the blue dress for Aurora's model, the "mixing" of the colors seemed as though it was a nod to both Flora and Merryweather, a happy medium that showed no bias (until Aurora shows up later in game).
All of this.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
On the topic of the stained glass floors, does anyone know what is up with the Alice floor? Why was it not included in the original game? Was it not made until a few months ago when I first saw it or was it scrapped? I'd love to see floors for all the PoH eventually...official ones I mean.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It may have just been promotional material either for this or the original game. I imagine they loved to milk those heart stations ten years ago.

kupo1121

Awards
It may have just been promotional material either for this or the original game. I imagine they loved to milk those heart stations ten years ago.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought the heart stations were the nicest piece of art from KH ever so I really hope they showcase them more. I don't see why Disney doesn't abuse the crap out of them since they are really nice images of their princesses, nicer than most pieces of art I see that Disney produces in all honesty <_<

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Snow White had already eaten the apple in BBS.

I thought the Princesses were supposed to be shown sleeping because Maleficent captured them, not because of circumstances surrounding previous plotlines (and the exception of the unlockable the Snow White scene). The apple was shown, just like all the dwarves, the hag, the animals, and other iconic imagery, because the stained glass captures the essence of those movies.

As for cinderella(and aurora) it's arguably just an asthetic choice. How would strawberry blonde have worked in that sort of background? Square can't hide behind the "it's before they got new restorations" argument when the characters don't even look like they do in the laserdisc version of the movie.

While I agree with the aesthetic choice part, I think you're underestimating the Kingdom Hearts ability to insert colors (where they aren't traditional or necessary), punch up saturation, and go gradient crazy. Strawberry blonde ain't no thang. :)

On the topic of the stained glass floors, does anyone know what is up with the Alice floor? Why was it not included in the original game? Was it not made until a few months ago when I first saw it or was it scrapped? I'd love to see floors for all the PoH eventually...official ones I mean.

Then Jasmine and Kairi would have been the only ones left out? I like the pink stained glass that alludes to the rest of the princesses, because I like anything with an air of mystery. Also, it's fitting when you think of the series in terms of trios. Kairi, Alice, and Jasmine were the predominate PoH featured in the first game.

Sorarocks93

Awards
All the stained glass floors signify that the princesses are sleeping. Except the one with the three silhouettes. That one signifies that there are three awake princesses left.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I thought the Princesses were supposed to be shown sleeping because Maleficent captured them, not because of circumstances surrounding previous plotlines (and the exception of the unlockable the Snow White scene). The apple was shown, just like all the dwarves, the hag, the animals, and other iconic imagery, because the stained glass captures the essence of those movies.

While I agree with the aesthetic choice part, I think you're underestimating the Kingdom Hearts ability to insert colors (where they aren't traditional or necessary), punch up saturation, and go gradient crazy. Strawberry blonde ain't no thang. :).
I'm well aware of colors in KH and they do punch up saturation. But never once have they actively contradicted the disney movies visuals without Darkness or some other reason.

I do agree about snow white being captured though. Im just saying it makes sense in the series because both she and aurora and cinderella had already had their respective stories told in the chronology.

All the stained glass floors signify that the princesses are sleeping. Except the one with the three silhouettes. That one signifies that there are three awake princesses left.
Always wondered about that one.

kupo1121

Awards
Then Jasmine and Kairi would have been the only ones left out? I like the pink stained glass that alludes to the rest of the princesses, because I like anything with an air of mystery. Also, it's fitting when you think of the series in terms of trios. Kairi, Alice, and Jasmine were the predominate PoH featured in the first game.

I always saw that Jasmine, Alice, and Kairi were the last station but I don't understand why SE didn't make the silhouettes look like any of the 3 of them (I guess they kind of looked like Alice) and then when I saw the Alice platform I was confused why a Jasmine and Kairi one don't exist :(

I originally thought that but if you play KH and skip Wonderland, during the League of Villains cutscenes it shows that they kidnapped Snow White instead of Alice and Snow White is still very awake so she couldn't have been sleeping at the time Sora went through the dive to the heart.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Well, if you want to get SUPER technical...

You could say that sleeping PoH hearts could go into states where they become part of a conglomerate of other sleeping PoH hearts; a conglomerate that Sora could enter, for whatever reasons. The problem with the idea of the panels only reflecting the sleeping state of princesses is that not every Awakening panel reflects sleeping characters (ex. Sora and Ven).

I always saw that Jasmine, Alice, and Kairi were the last station but I don't understand why SE didn't make the silhouettes look like any of the 3 of them
A silhouette could just be like a body with no characteristics, like Xion's base form. It would acknowledge that they exist, but not who they are. Something they could've symbolized artistically, I guess.

I originally thought that but if you play KH and skip Wonderland, during the League of Villains cutscenes it shows that they kidnapped Snow White instead of Alice and Snow White is still very awake so she couldn't have been sleeping at the time Sora went through the dive to the heart.

That particular problem can be reasoned with the idea that Alice's kidnap was the canonical one, whereas Snow White's kidnap during that time frame could be dismissed as a plot hole that never happened.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Well, if you want to get SUPER technical...

You could say that sleeping PoH hearts could go into states where they become part of a conglomerate of other sleeping PoH hearts; a conglomerate that Sora could enter, for whatever reasons. The problem with the idea of the panels only reflecting the sleeping state of princesses is that not every Awakening panel reflects sleeping characters (ex. Sora and Ven).

Well in BBS Ventus is technically sleeping. How else would he go into his Dive to the Heart. That or because his heart is broken and he cannot wake up.

In KH2 when Roxas goes it shows Sora who's obviously been sleeping for an entire year.

And in DDD Sora is sleeping again since he dived too deep.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Not sure if this is just me, but I don't think a zombie-state's relatable enough to a state of sleep; I'd associate the latter more with something like Ven's/Kairi's sleeping bodies. Plus, we see little Sora in his own Awakening, while awake. So, you don't need to be asleep in the real world to be in an Awakening.

As for KH2 Sora's panel, I was referring to Sora's fight with Roxas.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Well I guess that only applies to the first game. If it applies at all. I remember reading about it somewhere though.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I think the bigger mystery is why there exists an Awakening based off of the PoH's. I like to think that it was within Kairi's heart; at least that'd a start as to how Sora would even be there in the first place.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Well KH1 was supposed to be a stand alone game without any sequels at first. Which may explain the whole "There can only be one keyblade master". Maybe because Sora was that Hero who was supposed to save them all and stuff.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Judging by KH1's cliffhanger ending, the game was probably designed to expand on preconceived concepts, given the chance. Knowing Nomura, he probably instilled a lot of symbolism into something as mysterious as this Awakening. More often then not, he likes to reuse symbolic concepts in recurring patterns across the series, in some form or another. The more you notice the patterns, the more predictable the story becomes.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Which brings us to one thing I'm curious about. Why did Sora-in Roxas' DTTH, have so many heart stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back