• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

.:Citadel of Metalheads:.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsaiken

metalheads.png

Okay, since I am offended at Metal being classified as Rock (those two are actually POLAR opposites), I will start the Metal Fanclub.

Now, like Rock, Metal has it's own types:

- Heavy Metal
- Black Metal
- Death Metal
- Melodic Death Metal (there IS a difference)
- Progressive Metal
- Speed Metal
- Thrash Metal
- Hair Metal
- Power Metal

I suppose I could list a few -core bands, long as they aren't as terrible as the lot that I've heard.
- Metalcore
- Deathcore
- Mathcore
- Grindcore

Now, I'm pretty sure I missed a few, or even a ton, but that's just to get this started. If you're a fan of any of these types, consider yourself welcomed.

Members:
Tetsaiken [Leader]
Zexilicious
FinalSora04
fnklzxx
Systematic Chaos
Dream Theater
More to come...

Fan Club Activities (Started Jan 31, 2009; 3:20am EST)
1. Can you list 100 metal songs that you listen to? [Challenge #1]

Kudos goes to Salty for the new FC banner.

Last edited:

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country
Can I join? I like to listen to multitudes of Black Metal, Blackened Death Metal, Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Some Doom Metal (It really depends on the band because a lot of Doom Metal Bands suck) Progressive Metal (or Math Metal or whatever you want to call it) Thrash Metal, and just Heavy Metal in general.

So yeah can I join?

Zexilicious

Back when he got Brain Cancer people started to try and chip in money for his medical bills and such. They didn't want to see a true musical artist die. Too bad he did, I wish I could experience getting New Music from Death.

Hey have you ever listened to anything by Behemoth?

Tetsaiken

I mean now, in our modern times, where we have a ton of screamos and shit. I never once heard in the mainstream crowd about anything about Chuck. He was given a lot of credit then, but now, it's like everyone's forgotten him. He is seriously the face of Metal IMO.

I actually haven't gotten to Behemoth yet, actually. I've been meaning to for a while now.

Gimme song names, so I can get them now.

Zexilicious

Try listening to

Conquer All - It was their first single and video off of the Demigod album and it kicks total ass XD Song that got me into Behemoth

Inner Sanctum - Off "The Apostasy" album.

Decade Ov Therion - Off "Satanica"

Slaves Shall Serve - Off "Demigod"

The Reign Ov Shemsu-Hor - Off "Demigod"

I haven't been able to listen to their older albums recently, so I'm sure they are great on their other albums too.

Zexilicious

Yeah I was just wondering because I listen to some Metalcore and Deathcore music.

Mostly stuff like "I Killed The Prom Queen" and "Underoath" though (For Underoath their older stuff. Like their really old stuff XD like back in the days of "Cries of The Past" when they had a more Deathcore/ Black Metal sound)

Zexilicious

What song did you listen to? Because their older stuff like "The Last" and "Watch Me Die" is like nothing like their newer stuff. Their lyrics tend to be somewhat depressing and emo like back then because they are mostly about finding God in bad relationships and stuff. They do have the Deathcore sound though, so you could consider them a Deathcore band back then.

They changed to metalcore on "The Changing Of Times" album. Their old singer Dallas could get the Metalcore sound down well, their new singer Spencer isn't as good, but he's alright I guess.

Tetsaiken

I guess you could say I looked into their new stuff. I... really don't know what to say. It's not great, but it's... not bad. This is just coming out of my experienced opinion.

EDIT: Considering this computer only uses IE7, and I'm not supposed to download anything, I'll have to check Behemoth out later when I get home. I'm at my sister's house.

Zexilicious

I've got all of their albums except "Cries Of The Past" and "Act Of Depression" because those are out of print. I would love to buy those albums though, I don't have the money though. But yeah, they really changed over time.

While I still like Underoath, I will admit their older stuff was a lot better.

Also, Vader kicks ass XD

fnklzxx

Website
www.myspace.com
I guess you could say I looked into their new stuff. I... really don't know what to say. It's not great, but it's... not bad. This is just coming out of my experienced opinion.

EDIT: Considering this computer only uses IE7, and I'm not supposed to download anything, I'll have to check Behemoth out later when I get home. I'm at my sister's house.
Perhaps try pandora.com or playlist.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back