• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CLASSIC [Multiplayer Edition] (Sign ups/OoC. CD-Max Collab)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
That was awesome! :D and I liked that twist, too.
CD-Mann said:
but is it really?!?!?!?!???!????
Now I'll try to get one up tomorrow, so yeah. Oh, I like how you handled Rep and he totally loves children, so yay!
She's 25. XD Right now she's a bit mentally handicapped for PLOT reasons I can't get into but that's the reason for her child-like speech/demeanor

ALSO if you guys are wondering wtf Victoria the dragon lady or whatever is, you can check out this one shot about her.
[/shameless plug]
Though you don't need to read it since it doesn't relate to the RP at all.

Songbird

Grrrr
CD so passive-aggressive about whether we read it or not XD

You could read it...
Or you could also not read it...

Jeez man XD

EDIT: OMG my post count is so tiny LOL
Am new to forum pls go beginner mode on me

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
She's 25. XD Right now she's a bit mentally handicapped for PLOT reasons I can't get into but that's the reason for her child-like speech/demeanor

ALSO if you guys are wondering wtf Victoria the dragon lady or whatever is, you can check out this one shot about her.
[/shameless plug]
Though you don't need to read it since it doesn't relate to the RP at all.

Really?! Wow, that's new.. I always thought she was just a child that is just trying to learn English to get around. Of course that's what I viewed from this. But it has been shattered.. D:

Already read that when she first popped up on here.. After all, know your enemy/friend in preparation for whatever may happen next. :D

Also, did any of you like my free verse when it was supposed to be like Max's haiku? :D

Roxie1563

Awards
So, as I promised that I made my post and I would like to add more it, I thought against that and I'm sure you'll have some idea for it, CD. :)

CD is all loving it
For it is so grand and well
To the point of Joy!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
CD so passive-aggressive about whether we read it or not XD

You could read it...
Or you could also not read it...

Jeez man XD
I don't want people to feel forced to read it. It's largely unimportant but it has some of da lore/backstory to it.

Really?! Wow, that's new.. I always thought she was just a child that is just trying to learn English to get around. Of course that's what I viewed from this. But it has been shattered.. D:

Also, did any of you like my free verse when it was supposed to be like Max's haiku? :D
Haha yeah, I only briefly mentioned her age like twice in passing so that's no surprise. And I'm too used to Max's haikus, so it's good to see something different.

So, as I promised that I made my post and I would like to add more it, I thought against that and I'm sure you'll have some idea for it, CD. :)
Looks good! It's kinda nice to have the ball rolling again!

Roxie1563

Awards
Oh, it is good to have this up and running. :D I'm excited to see what happens next to all of us and I believe it shall be grand!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Used to my haikus?
Surely you jest my dear friend
Clearly you love them

Roxie1563

Awards
Used to my haikus?
Surely you jest my dear friend
Clearly you love them

Damn, what a twist! Of course, I had a suspicion when I read it and to see the unexpected happen, it blew my mind away!

Max, you are a such great writer that manages to pull heartstrings in every different ways.. I'm keeping an eye on this one!

Roxie1563

Awards
Dude yeah, that was pretty sick! Loved how it turned out!

I know, right? How will any of us pull a twist like that beside you, CD. :p

Oh, Max! I think that mage in your newest post would be an interesting addition to the Black Hood Man that I wrote about like a while back. I have some ideas I would like to bounce off with you, if that's all right with you. We can just PM about it, okay?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I know, right? How will any of us pull a twist like that beside you, CD. :p

Oh, Max! I think that mage in your newest post would be an interesting addition to the Black Hood Man that I wrote about like a while back. I have some ideas I would like to bounce off with you, if that's all right with you. We can just PM about it, okay?

Send me a message
We will work out the details
Collaboration

Posting Oats

Well here is my character ......... now to read a lot.

Name: Rodrick Harlanse

Appearance: Rodrick is 6’2”, large build. He has short black hair and a scar on his left eye that runs from his right part of his forehead to his jaw line. He maintains a clean cut look. He wears heavy armor and a cape that bears his house sigil. His weapons of choice are his large sword and shield.

Story: His family was once part of the high military commanders of the nation Garnea. His father Georges was a General of one of the nation’s Grand Armies. From early on in his childhood Rodrick was trained by his father to be a commander one day. Military training and academics took up most of his time as a child but he still managed to find some friends that ended up joining the military and serving with him when they came of age.
Their nation was built on the unification of the human species in the manner that they would not strike out at their fellow man but work to better the standing of all. While they attributed their strength to unity of the species the country openly conversed and associated with other species. Garnea had had many years of peace but its formation was out of a bloody conflict that lasted hundreds of years and nearly destroyed the region. This great conflict imprinted itself on the nation that was born out of it and because of that it became mostly militarized and often secured revenue by contracting out its grand armies to other countries while inner conflict was a rare sight for the country.

There were other leaders in the high command that did not share the nation’s philosophy and sought to use the country’s strength to further their control of the region. This was the main reason for the country’s decline as it started another great war that ended up completely destroying the nation and its military power. During one of the final battles in the capital Rodrick was holding off the main enemy force with his father. He was still just an officer at the time but commanded a large force and had proven himself in many battles prior to this main engagement. During the battle his father sustained grievous wounds but kept fighting until his wounds drained what little life he had left and at this time Rodrick took command of his forces. While there was no real victor of this battle it was the end of the war because neither side had the strength left to maintain control and most of the country’s leadership had been killed in the fighting including the royal family.

After the war was over most of the military disbanded and split but under Rodrick’s leadership many of the forces commanded by his father and other generals banded together. They formed the first of the nine Free Armies, the others of which were mostly comprised of the armies that were out on contract to other nations at the time of the conflict. While the free armies are considered to be part of the same group they share no affiliation with each other than they were previously part of the same military before the country collapsed. Each free army has their own goals and leaders, Rodrick is seeking out a means to restore his homeland so that the masses that were displaced during and after the war will have a home again. This is a difficult task because of the sanctions imposed on the region after the conflict in order to maintain the balance of power between the neighboring nations.

To ensure no fighting broke out over the resources the region was declared to be a free territory that fell under no nation’s control. This lack of authority has made the area full of dangerous criminal organizations that prey on travelers and if that wasn’t enough many strong wild beasts have reclaimed much of the region. The nation of Garnea while mostly abandoned has much of its former infrastructure and large settlements which remain partially intact as well as many of the strongholds throughout the region. This information has provided Rodrick with proof that reclaiming and rebuilding his home country is still a possibility. To help achieve this goal his main focus recently has been securing favors and forging alliances with the leaders of other nations both large and small.

While his main army is never far away he often travels in a small group comprised of his officers who are also skilled combatants. Each has a unique skill set to offer the group and have enough experience fighting with each other to cover for the weaknesses of the other group members. Many of his officers are female but have just as much combat experience and fighting skill as the other male officers. All of his men bear his house sigil in one form or another and the more skilled fighters have unique weapons and armor while the bulk of his army has standardized equipment to maintain their uniformity and to make rearming and supplying his forces easier. While he does mostly travel with the group Rodrick does also venture out on his own when he feels it’s needed or appropriate.

While not his main goal Rodrick has considered seeking out the other free armies. Many have continued their contract work around the region, some have moved further out to unknown regions, and some have even gone rogue fighting and taking anything they want. For most of the groups he only has rumors to go on as to their true goals so contacting any of them will have a large amount of risk attached to it. There is only one group that he believes will be safe to contact, led by an old friend of his father’s Marcone. This army while not the largest of the 9 has perhaps the most skilled fighters and magic users of the free armies. Shortly after the war ended Marcone struck out with his army into an unknown region in search of something. Little is known of the expedition other than their entry point and that it was Marconi’s forces that undertook this journey.

Personality: Rodrick maintains a calm and levelheaded stance in normal situations outside of combat. He uses his military experience to face and overcome any problem he faces. When presented with options he tries to find a diplomatic solution to any challenge. He also councils with his officers some of which are his friends back from his childhood and takes their opinion seriously. He enjoys good jokes and story’s so he tries to spend his free time with his men or reading a book. While he does have a serious take on his daily life he often has a smile on his face and tries to stay light hearted. He also is always honest and takes lying very seriously and has no tolerance for it. So long as someone is honest with him Rodrick will at least hear the person out but if they lie and he finds out about it or knows that they are lying it will most likely permanently damage his opinion of them to the point that they could become enemies.
Race: Human, pale skin.

Fighting Style: Most often he fights alongside his soldiers while commanding them in battle. He has a tendency to form a more defensive strategy when engaging in combat to minimalize casualties. He mixes attacks with his long sword and shield bash. While fighting he can put his shield on his back to perform stronger attacks with his longsword. If he is ever disarmed in the middle of a fight he is proficient enough to use hand to hand combat effectively. One of his major drawbacks is that during combat if he loses too many of his men or becomes severely injured he acts carelessly, will attack recklessly, and possibly worsen his injuries as well as the situation. He has tried his hand at magic at devastating cost. While trying to learn how to use magic he discovered that almost all magic has a strong backfire effect on him and if he tried to use a strong spell it would most likely mean his death. He can however use very basic first aid magic to slow or stop bleeding without too much self-damage. This does not mean that magic used on him is any more effective than it would be on any other person just the magic that he uses causes him more harm.

Skills: Renovae: Applies a weak healing spell to a wounded area to stop bleeding.
Bastions Resolve: Braces himself by placing his sword down through the back of his shield to stop a strong attack but takes a significant amount of time to recover from the block.
Relentless Pursuit: Places his shield on his back to provide protection for his blind spot and then performs a fury of attacks with his longsword aimed at the opponent in front of him but is exhausted after the set of attacks are finished.

Command: He is not in any guild but is willing to form alliances with them if it will help him reach his goal.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Welcome aboard, Oats! Only thing was the unnamed nations, but those really shouldn't matter since they probably won't come into play. Either way, you're in so get to reading!

edit: btw, do you want me to put your command under N/A or Free Armies?

Posting Oats

You can put free armies if you want I thought you only needed that if our character was in one of the mentioned in the world template.

Roxie1563

Awards
Patience will reward
It is a virtuous trait
Always Lemiwinks

I was just asking if you got it or not, that's all.

And just what is a Lemiwikis? o_O

Roxie1563

Awards
Answer by haiku
"It's always been Wankershim"
Simple play on words

Okay, it was cute when you do the haiku but now it's just plain annoying.. :/

But really, do you like the idea? We're supposed to collaborate, so lets!

Posting Oats

I have my first character post up now! I'm also working on a short list of characters in his group that I will put up later to help fill in more backstory and explain their position in his group. They are all just side characters so it will be short descriptions for now, just enough to fill in the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back