• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Closest Kingdom Hearts has to a Dark Souls boss

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

RonaldPoe

Awards
So I was watching a KH3 mod video with an attempt at fighting all the Data Organization 13 bosses at once. It looks impossible but it'd be awesome if someone could actually win. Someone in a KH Roleplay group of mine compared it to Dark Souls. Speaking of which I got Dark Souls Remastered on sale for my Nintendo Switch and am going to try to beat it. This had me thinking, which individual Kingdom Hearts boss would be closest to a Dark Souls boss (in terms of difficulty, feel, techniques, and possibly even aesthetically)?

Both series are at least partially known for their impressive boss fights. This is just for fun so KH's infamous bonus bosses are fine. I don't think examples from Chain of Memory (original or Re:COM), Re:Coded, or Union X should apply for obvious reasons (mainly differences in gameplay style).

Here's the 2 mod videos I'm referencing (particularly the first). Even if not the same thing, it still inspired this thread.

Here's a few examples of what I'm talking about. I'm mostly talking about the humanoid bosses, not the dragons and/or just the monsters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KHPHVeE2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0r0RfzJ2Xo

RonaldPoe

Awards
The Chernabog in KH1 has a lot in common with Souls bosses in my opinion.
That's an interesting answer but why? If you use aero (that spell was totally broken in KH1), he's not that hard (quite a few bosses are worse than him) and rather straightforward (flying mechanics aside). I agree that Chernabog definitely has the Souls aesthetic down pat.

Awards
That's an interesting answer but why? If you use aero (that spell was totally broken in KH1), he's not that hard (quite a few bosses are worse than him) and rather straightforward (flying mechanics aside). I agree that Chernabog definitely has the Souls aesthetic down pat.
He was one of the bosses that troubled me the most back in the day. Not so much anymore though.

RonaldPoe

Awards
Hi I almost forgot about this thread. I accidentally posted 2 incorrect links in the opening post. If you guys want you can give more examples. If not I'm sorry for reviving this thread.

Second video of All Data Organization members at once.
Lords of Cinder (Dark Souls 3) NG+7 fight.

Awards
Sora vs Rinzler in Dream Drop Distance. A challenging fight made even more difficult by the disorienting controls and camera when the battle moves to the ceiling.

RonaldPoe

Awards
Rinzler was definitely unfair for his place in the game (he's fought way too early). I actually consider his rematch harder than Julius (at least Julius quickly falls to balloon spam). He also required as much skill as the end-game bosses (at least if you didn't level grind).

I'd also like to mention Data Ansem from Remind. His attacks are already hard to dodge and powerful on Proud. He also leaves surprisingly few safe openings. I only have save files on Critical so I can barely damage him.

Back