• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded coming America?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWalrus

As soon as I heard about Coded i thought DSi Dowload. It will either by for DSi or iPhone/iPod Touch

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
As soon as I heard about Coded i thought DSi Dowload. It will either by for DSi, WiiWare or download-able for PSP

Fix'd.

Anyway, Coded is critical to the KH series (Phone game or not). Same with FFIV: The After Years or whatever. If it's important we'll get it. If it's like the original KH Mobile V-CAST crap, then they won't even bother.

XYZ

Fix'd.

Anyway, Coded is critical to the KH series (Phone game or not). Same with FFIV: The After Years or whatever. If it's important we'll get it. If it's like the original KH Mobile V-CAST crap, then they won't even bother.
DSi Ware cannot support Coded, DS game could, but not DSi Ware. And Coded currently is the only existing sequel to Kingdom Hearts II. So yeah, it's kinda important..

tevlen

Just because something is the chronological follower to a game does not make it automatically important. Much like how when KH1 was out, COM was its only existing sequel, but it was still a side game, as coded will also be.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Just because something is the chronological follower to a game does not make it automatically important. Much like how when KH1 was out, COM was its only existing sequel, but it was still a side game, as coded will also be.

Coded will be a side game, but its obvious it will be important. Implying that it may not be important is like saying CoM wasn't important either, when it really was. Sure, you could get what happened from the KH2 intro, but CoM is still very important to the series, as Coded will be. Especially seeing as how it seems like it will also tell parts of Mickey's and Riku's story from KH1 and takes place right after two, setting up for three or the "Mystery KH Game".

Chosenoneknuckles

I very much doubt the west will see Coded in any form.

I mean, if the game was that integral to the series then it wouldn't have been put on cell phones [of all things] in the first place.

PS2s are still selling [for some reason], why not have put it on that?

XYZ

I very much doubt the west will see Coded in any form.

I mean, if the game was that integral to the series then it wouldn't have been put on cell phones [of all things] in the first place.

PS2s are still selling [for some reason], why not have put it on that?
Putting Coded on a consul completely defeats the whole 'mobility' theme that Nomura was aiming for :/

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Since putting Coded on the cell phone for NA would mean hardly no sells for SE. I think it will either be on PSP or DS for NA. But I wouldn't expect it to be released in NA if it is until next fall or winter. They have to finish releasing the episodes in Japan first.

vshorty2194

Personally I don't think it's coming to phones, maybe Playstation Network or even Wiiware. Then again there is the Iphone, and with some reworked controls and funkiness, I'm sure that'd be the smart thing to do

XYZ

Since putting Coded on the cell phone for NA would mean hardly no sells for SE. I think it will either be on PSP or DS for NA. But I wouldn't expect it to be released in NA if it is until next fall or winter. They have to finish releasing the episodes in Japan first.
Square already has like four or five games on the Apps Store already.

OathOfOblivion

I don't think it will be released outside of Japan. Japan has the right Phones for it. But America Dosen't.

BahamutZERO

If they're gonna release Coded, I hope they give it to PSP Go users. I LOVE my PSP Go, but it reminds me of a cell phone(in size), and I think Coded would run pretty good on it. xDD That's just my opinion, though. :p

Oh, and i'd lawl if they did a "Re: Kingdom Hearts Coded" for like, PS3, or PSP.

Suzuku

I don't think it will be released outside of Japan. Japan has the right Phones for it. But America Dosen't.
iPhone. Palm Pre. Any Android device. A lot of our smartphones are way more powerful than the cluttery shit most people use in Japan.

If they're gonna release Coded, I hope they give it to PSP Go users. I LOVE my PSP Go, but it reminds me of a cell phone(in size), and I think Coded would run pretty good on it. xDD That's just my opinion, though. :p

Oh, and i'd lawl if they did a "Re: Kingdom Hearts Coded" for like, PS3, or PSP.
You bought a PSP Go? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry man but you wasted $250.

Anyways, when coded is ported for the US and EU the only viable option would be the iPhone/iPod touch platform if SE wants to keep the three-games, three-platforms plan. The iPhone/touch are hugely popular in both countries and have the biggest user base to get at of any handheld electronic device besides the DS and PSP, and more and more companies are seeing them as players in the mobile gaming industry, including Nintendo and Sony themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back