• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[coded+spoilers] The Cloaked Man's identity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSailorEarth

Alright, so from recent summaries by all the various Japenese speaking peoples on the internet it looks like we are actually starting to get some clues as to whom he is:

we know that from several episodes ago that the that the man in the organization coat is
"data" from the notebook to be in the form of Riku.
[data] Sora:
So, Riku, the guy in the black cloak was you all along?
Why didn't you tell me sooner?

Riku:
Because I wanted you to grow a little.
"We must return to free them from their torment."
To solve the mystery behind those words, this world needed a keyblade, and
a wielder with power.

Riku:
Also, there is one other mystery:
"Who chose me to be the vessel and gave me these memories?"

Riku:
Mickey doesn't know, but by fixing this corruption, we should be be able to
find out.

Sora:
So, are you saying you need my help?

Riku:
Hmph. Guess so.
With you around, the worlds will be fine.
- from Nanani @ GameFAQs

The man in the black cloak was revealed to be Riku.

Riku has had the memories contained within the notebook transferred into him,
meaning that he can also be considered to be the notebook itself.

"Who chose me to be the vessel and gave me these memories?"

so...wait. someone else made a data Riku to hide their identity yet move around in the journal's world? and this is only more confused by Maleficent when she shows up in Episode 6 with her dialouge...

Maleficent:
The time for sleep is over...
This time, I will at last take control of all the worlds.

Maleficent:
However, because of your interference,
the worlds are still much to bright.
That is why this time, I will make sure you stay asleep!

Riku:
The worlds...
I won't let you have them!

(Riku moves to attack)

Maleficent:
Hmph! A waste of time!

(She releases a green burst of energy, knocking Riku to his knees just before
he can reach the enemies.)

Riku:
Ugrrgh!

Mickey:
Riku!

Maleficent:
In the end, you too are part of the darkness...
All darkness is fated to return to darkness.
I'll be taking this with me.
I suspect it may be of some use, here and there.

(Riku vanishes in a dark burst. Maleficent teleports away in the same fashion.)
So Maleficent seems to know who Riku is, and her interesting choice of "sleep" (imo) makes this one of the direct ties to BBS. So whoever "made" Riku or put some of the memories in the journal has to be from the past, but once again who?

Last edited:

peachie

This is in the spoiler section, so no need for spoiler tags.

So whoever "made" Riku or put some of the memories in the journal has to be from the past, but once again who?
My guess is Ansem the Wise, somehow his KH data encoding machine sent him into the notebook when it exploded. It wouldn't be the first time he relied on Riku for help anyway.

Maleficent said:
I can't believe I didn't catch that the first time I read through the FAQ.

Awards
Huh, never knew he updated to Chapter Six, just went and read it.

My guess is Ansem the Wise, somehow his KH data encoding machine sent him into the notebook when it exploded. It wouldn't be the first time he relied on Riku for help anyway.

You know, that's an excellent idea.
And AtW is even referenced in the game:

I don't know all the details, but...
I think something has awakened inside of you.
The keyblade is tightly connected to the Power of the Heart.
Yet, an old friend told me that the Heart can't be turned into Data.
Still, as you came up all this way, we developed a Bond between us.
It might have created something new, something that goes beyond data.
I'm sure it's a unique new power that you obtained through your links with
your friends across the worlds.

Mickey explained that he created the Data Sora's Keyblade (ie, it's a fake) so that, when Maleficent destroyed it, it got erased and Sora no longer had the power to wield it.
But through his bond with the worlds and Mickey and co, he's gained a legitimate keyblade.
Pete accused Sora's heart of being nothing but data, but Donald and Goofy are convinced that it's real.

This is pretty interesting. AtW said that hearts can't be converted into data since they're "much more than any system," but can the opposite be said to be true?
Can hearts come from data? Reminds me of how Roxas' keyblade goes from being data to real.

Again, you have a really good point about AtW.
In his final monologue, several points were brought up that tie into coded:
The process of encoding hearts is incalculable. The inhabitants
of my Twilight Town were data created from real hearts. I was convinced that
they would think and behave the way I had envisioned---but I couldn't have been
more wrong. A heart is so much more than any system. I saw it when Roxas and
Kairi crossed paths. I knew. But I was too stubborn to accept it. It's always
the same. I try to wrap my mind around things my heart already knows, only to
fail. While I was trying to bring Sora back, I had so many plans in store. But
once Sora was an acting force, they fell apart. All my research amounted to
nothing, compared with that one boy's heart.

The data people of Twilight Town are like data Sora- their hearts prove to be something that transcends data.

Using the connection between Roxas and Kairi as an example of how a "heart is so much more than any system" relates to data Sora in that, in both cases, the heart goes beyond a system of data to connect to real hearts. In Roxas' case, he was digitized but, regardless, he could still connect to Kairi in the real world. In Data Sora's case, he had a connection to Donald and Goofy even though he was data and they were real.

Above all else, though, is the "Anything could happen" statement. Since AtW disappeared in an explosion of data after a speech which seems to tie into the theme of coded... yeah.

Also, not entirely sure who Maleficent is directing the sleep comment to. It could be Mickey or Riku given the context (would have to see who she's looking at).
In either case, it's implied that one of them fell asleep before.
We know Riku did. But how Maleficent would be aware of this, given that she was gone at that point, is beyond me.

SuperSailorEarth

Mickey explained that he created the Data Sora's Keyblade (ie, it's a fake) so that, when Maleficent destroyed it, it got erased and Sora no longer had the power to wield it.
But through his bond with the worlds and Mickey and co, he's gained a legitimate keyblade.
Pete accused Sora's heart of being nothing but data, but Donald and Goofy are convinced that it's real.

This is pretty interesting. AtW said that hearts can't be converted into data since they're "much more than any system," but can the opposite be said to be true?
Can hearts come from data? Reminds me of how Roxas' keyblade goes from being data to real.

Ok, so from that (imo) this Data Sora is starting to have a Xion-esque figure to him.

Xion was a replica, given life and personality from the memories that came from Sora.
data Sora is data, given life and personality with all the memories in the journal.

Both are technically atrificial beings that through memories get life.
Both have real keyblades that a bond with someone else seems to have created.

Xion created a keyblade when roxas was in trouble.
data sora made a keyblade when Donald and Goofy were in trouble.

So thus, Data Sora (and Riku too?) are sucessful data replicas

EDIT:

Also, not entirely sure who Maleficent is directing the sleep comment to. It could be Mickey or Riku given the context (would have to see who she's looking at).
In either case, it's implied that one of them fell asleep before.
We know Riku did. But how Maleficent would be aware of this, given that she was gone at that point, is beyond me.

I think that was between her and Riku since she attacked him and took hin away after that. But I don't think shes referring to the real Riku, it seems she knows whom is behind tha data Riku. And because of her "sleep" comment, its got to be smeone who appears in BBS. and I guess it could be AtW, but when would he have "slept"? We know that he took over Radient Garden in the past up until his banishment to the world of nothing and return as DiZ. If "sleep" is what Xemnas did (in the Room of Sleep) and Sora did (in his pod) then it would be logical to assume that it involves memories. But to our curent knowledge, we don't know of any instance when AtW would have been asleep for a significant time up untill Coded (or mickey for that matter).

Last edited:

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
The cloaked man is not Riku, its the journal taking form of Riku. And coded has no direct ties to BBS. The next main game that is coming out after BBS ties Coded, BBS, and 358/2 Days together.

SuperSailorEarth

The cloaked man is not Riku, its the journal taking form of Riku. And coded has no direct ties to BBS. The next main game that is coming out after BBS ties Coded, BBS, and 358/2 Days together.

supersailorearth said:
we know that from several episodes ago that the that the man in the organization coat is

My point was that the dialouge here:
Maleficent said:
However, because of your interference,
the worlds are still much to bright.
seems to indicate that there was something in the past, other wise she would not have said "this time".

And all the games have ties to BBS becasue it happened in the past, and thus affects characters that were in it (like Maleficent) becasue they were involved in its events. And yes BBS,Coded,and 358/2 Days all have ties with the third game because Nomura made them so that he could make a plot for the third game.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Ughhhhh!!!!!!!!! spoilers I need more. What does Malificent know? she says "The time for sleep is over...
This time, I will at last take control of all the worlds."

Sounds like she's planning on bringing somebody back from sleep....?

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com

No. When asked if coded and Days were connected, Nomura said, "not of this monet, but BbS is deeply linked". whether he meant Days and BbS, or coded and BbS, is beyond me, but I think he meant coded and Bbs, cuz it was an interview on coded.

Fabala011

I believe that Nomura said "Days has a few ties, but Coded is deeply linked," or something like that. Meaning they're both connected to BbS, but Coded is connected at its very fabric of existence...kinda.

This is kind of a weird theory here, but hear me out. Okay, so the general consensus is that we know where Ven's and Terra's hearts and bodies are, right? In general: Ven's heart is with Sora, body in Castle Oblivion. Terra's heart is with Ansem SoD, or Riku now, and his body was Xemnas. Then that leaves Aqua. Aqua's body might be assumed to be in Radiant Garden, where her armor lies. But what about her heart, hmmmm?

So...it's possible that Aqua's heart was inside Ansem the Wise's data copy of Kingdom Hearts. And during Ansem the Wise's data explosion, Riku was enveloped by the light and his body's data was recorded...so Aqua's heart latched onto that, and so we now have a gender-confused Aqua-Riku. Weird.

It's also plausible that Aqua is somehow linked to Kairi and therefore to Naminé, and her heart was engraved in Jiminy's Journal when it was erased in Castle Oblivion.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
hey hey guys ....ive been wondering...how is maleficent planning to take over the worlds...but theyre just data
how can it do her any good?

because these worlds are created from the journal through data to discover what the line meant "We must return to free them from their torment'...
so how would maleficent rule anything out of data from the past??

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Wait have you seen the shape that is in the new BBS trailer. The thing next to baby Ven on DI.
Maybe that's it. Still I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Avens

hey hey guys ....ive been wondering...how is maleficent planning to take over the worlds...but theyre just data
how can it do her any good?

because these worlds are created from the Journal through data to discover what the line meant "We must return to free them from their torment'...
so how would maleficent rule anything out of data from the past??

Maleficent was going to cultivate a Heartless army inside the journal, effectively bypassing the security Disney Castle gets from the Cornerstone of Light. Because you see, the Cornerstone only prevents corridors of darkness (I believe....), but this way Maleficent doesn't have to deal with that. Pretty much what she and Pete did using the door from Timeless River.

Since Mickey was trapped in the Journal anyways, she was either just going to keep him there or destroy him while she had him captured. Also, she has control over the corrupted data, and if the King is trapped in that data, he's at a disadvantage. That way, when she took over Disney Castle, there wouldn't be anyone to stop her.

Yup. First Disney Castle, and then the worlds.

devastater147

Maleficent was going to cultivate a Heartless army inside the journal, effectively bypassing the security Disney Castle gets from the Cornerstone of Light. Because you see, the Cornerstone only prevents corridors of darkness (I believe....), but this way Maleficent doesn't have to deal with that. Pretty much what she and Pete did using the door from Timeless River.

Since Mickey was trapped in the Journal anyways, she was either just going to keep him there or destroy him while she had him captured. Also, she has control over the corrupted data, and if the King is trapped in that data, he's at a disadvantage. That way, when she took over Disney Castle, there wouldn't be anyone to stop her.

Yup. First Disney Castle, and then the worlds.

but how did she get through using the timeless river doorway if Sora locked it?

Alright, so from recent summaries by all the various Japenese speaking peoples on the internet it looks like we are actually starting to get some clues as to whom he is:

- from Nanani @ GameFAQs

so...wait. someone else made a data Riku to hide their identity yet move around in the journal's world? and this is only more confused by Maleficent when she shows up in Episode 6 with her dialouge...

So Maleficent seems to know who Riku is, and her interesting choice of "sleep" (imo) makes this one of the direct ties to BBS. So whoever "made" Riku or put some of the memories in the journal has to be from the past, but once again who?

about that sleep line malefiecent says to day Riku about making sleep again could she be refering to the real Riku at the beginning of COM RR? just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back