• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coldplay will split up in 2009.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trimms

Chris Martin told the Daily Press that
his decision was based on his view that bands should call it a day before they get too old, saying he wanted to go out with a blast by keeping as busy as possible until 2009 ends.

"I'm 31 now and I don't think that bands should keep going past 33," he said. "So, we're trying to pack in as much as possible. Up until the end of next year, we'll just go for it in every sense."

What a disappointment, and what a terrible reason to end. Coldplay's one of my favorite bands, and I know they have a lot of haters but they're so unique and Chris Martin has an incredibly awesome voice. :[

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Chris Martin said:
I'm a fag who makes fag music and apparently being aged 33 years and 4 months is too old and it is immoral to make music at such an age. Even though I don't make music, I make fag songs that are overplayed with me and my fag band with my boring fag voice and boring fag life. Heck, I get mocked for being a fag vegetarian or vegan or whateverthefuck I decided to be just so I can act like a mature fag hipster who thinks he's the second coming of Jesus Fag H. Christ with really fag-ish hair. I like to name my children after cool things like fruit and veg, because I'm a vegfag for some reason, also I can't talk about my private fag life because staying at home and watching previews for Television X on mute is so rock and fucking roll that no one can find out because I'm too much of a fag.
Wow, Chris, you're so cool, tell me your secrets.

Last edited:

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
^Lol. What pretentious crap. I fail to see how age matters...maybe he's just realised that it would be cruel to keep unleashing bland music upon the world.

Sounds like he has the right idea, though it's funny how he thinks they'll be able to go out with a "blast". First, they need to learn how to make good music, and to a lot of people, myself included, they'll just be remembered as mediocre.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
^
Your long signature annoys me.

But anyway,

Shit reason for ending.

But then I remember....they'll be gone and that makes me feel better.

I wonder if without his bland musical career, Chris Martin might be able to find a personality that doesn't make him a complete dick-munch.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Eh, I like Coldplay, but not as much as a bunch of fans I'm sure. Still, this news kinda sucks and I gotta admit that is a really shitty reason to split.

Trimms

Their new album was okay, but A Rush of Blood to the Head was incredible. I haven't really listened to their other 2. It just makes me sad that he would pull this BS to get out of Coldplay? Going solo, maybe?

Massive Attack

Awards
The only good thing about Coldplay is that Brian Eno (or Breno, as I call him) produced Viva La Vida.
Here he is:
brian20eno20cigmr8.jpg

He invented ambient music and makes Chris Martin look like a brick layer from Stoke with Down's Syndrome.

tl;dr brian eno is better

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Their new album was okay, but A Rush of Blood to the Head was incredible. I haven't really listened to their other 2. It just makes me sad that he would pull this BS to get out of Coldplay? Going solo, maybe?

Viva la Vida is the only album I've listened to entirely and I really liked it. Everything else of theirs I've heard has been on the radio which I also enjoyed.

The only good thing about Coldplay is that Brian Eno (or Breno, as I call him) produced Viva La Vida.
Here he is:
brian20eno20cigmr8.jpg

He invented ambient music and makes Chris Martin look like a brick layer from Stoke with Down's Syndrome.

tl;dr brian eno is better

What the fuck is he wearing?

Actually, what is with that picture as a whole?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Funny story, the only albums that David Byrne's done in the years he's been solo that are worth listening to are his collabs with Brian Eno. And maybe Grown Backwards. I guess.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure they'll end up retracting this statement before 09. I doubt Chris would give up all his beautiful beautiful money just because he's getting old

Massive Attack

Awards
Funny story, the only albums that David Byrne's done in the years he's been solo that are worth listening to are his collabs with Brian Eno. And maybe Grown Backwards. I guess.

Look into the Eyeball is good, faggot, don't forget that. But yeah, you should get some Breno.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Not one of my all-time favorite bands, but I really liked some of their songs, like Viva la Vida.

As "stupid" as that reason may be to split up, it's better than the band getting into an argument and then splitting because of that.

Yeah, I've always kind of liked this band. They're not like my favorite, or close, or anything. But pretty much my whole family likes them.

So this is an interesting development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back