• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

College

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Question:

This fall I'm taking:

Quantum Chemistry
Physical Chemistry 2 Lab
Radiochemistry
Animation in Cinema
Weight Lifting (lol)
Introduction to Criminology
The Psychology of Unethical Behavior

and that totals to 16 credits. My question here is should I take an online class from the local community college (Criminal Law or Policing, 3 credits each) or would that be unreasonable? I can't decide :x

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well, I'm taking 17 credits this semester and I'm also an RA, which means roughly 20 hours a week, maybe more. Not counting classes and such. SO, you'll probably want a part time job. I think 16 credits are plenty. Those chem classes will have some heavy reading as well. Take it slowbro. ;)

Ralor Penwat

Hey I'm a senior now. The time flies by, doesn't it. I have to start thinking about this now. I got a 26 on my ACT should I retake? I'm currently finishing out with a PLTW certification as well. Unfortunately in state that only works towards Purdue and only one of the schools. Ugh.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Hey I'm a senior now. The time flies by, doesn't it. I have to start thinking about this now. I got a 26 on my ACT should I retake? I'm currently finishing out with a PLTW certification as well. Unfortunately in state that only works towards Purdue and only one of the schools. Ugh.

If you've only taken it once then definitely try it again. My score jumped 4 points from the first to second time. With a score like yours if you could get it up by about 2 more points that's when you start qualifying for the scholarship stuff. If you can't then don't worry about it. ACT scores should be taken with a grain of salt as far as aptitude for learning goes.

D

Deleted member 36435

I would look into schools that you are considering and see what their minimum ACT score is and compare it with the average acceptance score and your own. Find as much of this data as yours. If you think you can do better on the ACT/SAT or whatever and can afford the retake fee and the time it will take to prepare I would say go for it.
I never took the SAT and ACT as I had planned to go to a community college for my ASc degree before transferring since like seventh grade. I had no problems with not having taken either test. I just had to take a fairly easy placement test after getting accepted.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
So I transferred from a 2 year school to a 4 year school. For whatever reason, the school kept sending my transfer workshop invitation to an old email address...so I spent my first day of school...registering for classes.

I managed to get 3 classes in and I'm hoping to get a 4th in tomorrow...but damn....My Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be brutal....Class from 8:00 am to 6:00pm...while I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

D

Deleted member 36435

So I transferred from a 2 year school to a 4 year school. For whatever reason, the school kept sending my transfer workshop invitation to an old email address...so I spent my first day of school...registering for classes.

I managed to get 3 classes in and I'm hoping to get a 4th in tomorrow...but damn....My Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be brutal....Class from 8:00 am to 6:00pm...while I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I've had lots of that in the past. 8am-9:00pm days are absolutely the worst.

This semester I registered for a chem class, paid for it, it was dropped in error. Was put back into it, paid for it, and was dropped in error again a day before classes started. Class was all filled and no lab room so RIP time to take it over the summer fuUCK

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Damn...you guys are giving me nightmares about College. I've heard stories but why are they always so disorganized.

Fortissimo

Damn...you guys are giving me nightmares about College. I've heard stories but why are they always so disorganized.

because the bursar's thirst is never quenched. more "accidents"=more money form them. = less for you

I'm a senior and graduating in may and i wanted to start off my last year in my BFA kicked back but due to FAFSA *&^%ing me over i didn't get any grants and thus had no refund to pay my rent so I was living off peanut butter for a minuet. Luckily I had some friends to lean on and they helped me out, as well as family. But as far as rough beginnings went, last semester was worth it. A lot of very good things career wise happened for me.

but in reality college isn't bad. Sometimes it's really hard and sometimes it's just really basic. Though if its hard it doesn't matter too much if you enjoy what you're doing. Because studying something you hate would be miserable for you when it is challenging.

Advice for seniors: you get nothing financially unless you have a reoccurring scholarship your last year. they give all the money to the freshmen/sophomores.

All in all i recommend 8/10 would play again (aka grad school)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I've had lots of that in the past. 8am-9:00pm days are absolutely the worst.

This semester I registered for a chem class, paid for it, it was dropped in error. Was put back into it, paid for it, and was dropped in error again a day before classes started. Class was all filled and no lab room so RIP time to take it over the summer fuUCK

Did you try and speak with the Science Department? I overtallied into a Discrete Mathematics course despite all the classes being full.

D

Deleted member 36435

Did you try and speak with the Science Department? I overtallied into a Discrete Mathematics course despite all the classes being full.
I had spoken with multiple professors, the head of the chem department and the dean of the math and science division. Unfortunately you can't override into classes that have labs for safety reasons.

Back