• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

COM Battle System

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good change to the normal system, but I rather stick with the original battle system.

Though in BBS, don't we have to face this battle system again? Nomura was talking about it in his interview, like switching the weapons for Terra?!!?!?!

FEAR THE CARD SYSTEM!

It is an evolution of the card battle system. Some things are different. some things are maybe somewhat similar. Not much is known at this point.

ValorForm_Sora

I. HATED. THE. CARD. SYSTEM. SE should have stuck to Action rpg.. >___> The card system seems pointless.. Although I have to admit the only nice thing about the card system was the 0 wild card, cloud summons, and using bosses as cards..

I. HATED. THE. CARD. SYSTEM. SE should have stuck to Action rpg.. >___> The card system seems pointless.. Although I have to admit the only nice thing about the card system was the 0 wild card, cloud summons, and using bosses as cards..

Great. Another hater. A person that, obviously, doesn't understand the beauty and greatness of a good battle system. An action RPG on the game boy would have been hard to make, no?

ValorForm_Sora

Perhaps so.. But still. The Card system was quite repetitive. Using the same sleights, getting keyblade cards, using summons, beating bosses.. Sure, you could say that KH1 and KH2 were like grind rpgs. But an action rpg would have been really impossible to make on the gameboy. They should have stuck to making games for the ps2 etc. Although. If the card based system was taken out, it could have been possible to make it an action rpg. With key combos as sleights etc.

Perhaps so.. But still. The Card system was quite repetitive. Using the same sleights, getting keyblade cards, using summons, beating bosses.. Sure, you could say that KH1 and KH2 were like grind rpgs. But an action rpg would have been really impossible to make on the gameboy. They should have stuck to making games for the ps2 etc. Although. If the card based system was taken out, it could have been possible to make it an action rpg. With key combos as sleights etc.

Well, If you think that, fine for you. But, I find the so-called "original" system to be much, much more repetitive. Bash X, Bash X, Bash X, yeah, they're dead. Only fifty nine more to go!

Obscured fire

|?|エリイ|?| Azixel
Website
azixel.deviantart.com
Who like the COM battle system like using the cards to do battle?
I like it overall it was different way to battle and it made it more challenging.
Some time it was a pain in the butt, like you have to reload your cards during battles, but it was still fun I think.

I have to say that i rly liked it,it gave a different taste on the game.
KH1 and KH2 were rly easy,that one was a great chalenge!

TwoAcross

Personally... I utterly despised it. I find that there is no strategy except for when to run or jump... other than that, the only "strategy" you need is to use cards with a high value, or zero. Add in the fact that the Heartless don't seem to have to reload, and other enemies can reload in the blink of an eye, it was an incredibly unnecessary and difficult system.

Blue

home is where the heart is
The card system was a refreshing change,and it gets even better in Re:CoM..! :D

TwoAcross

Well, it would be one thing if they had even EXPLAINED why everything in Castle Oblivion is determined by cards. I mean, where do they get CARDS from MEMORIES? It made no sense to just randomly pull the cards out of nowhere. Why, I'll bet that if Castle Oblivion makes an appearance in a future game, the precious cards will be nowhere to be seen. Next thing you know, Kingdom Hearts is going to become a useless... *shudder*.... TRADING CARD GAME, all because they just HAD to put in the stupid CARDS!!!

Twilight-seeker

Well, it would be one thing if they had even EXPLAINED why everything in Castle Oblivion is determined by cards. I mean, where do they get CARDS from MEMORIES? It made no sense to just randomly pull the cards out of nowhere.

i think thats just like one of the many powers that nobodies like that have.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I loved the card system!! It took me six months to beat Sora's story the first time I played though because the cards were so hard to master, but that's beside the point. I really began to like the card system though once I got use to it and I was able to make my own deck so that I had my own strategy to win. Unfortunately Riku's story didn't let you choose your own cards. I lost a few battles because of that and it is still frustrating. But I loved the card system overall. I enjoyed the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back