• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CoM/Days question bugging me. Please help!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Threefire7

Awards
Hey! I'm currently working through the series and the only question I'm stuck on is below. This is mainly because whenever I ask, or search, I've found about 4 different answers. Thanks!

What was the point of Sora being lured to Castle Oblivion? Was it solely Marluxia's doing, or was there a reason Xemnas wanted that too? I originally thought the purpose was to obtain a fraction of Sora's memory to create Xion, but people have said that Xion was created from the memory taken in the KH1FM secret boss fight. If that's the case, why even have Sora come to Castle Oblivion?

Soldier

Awards
Hey! I'm currently working through the series and the only question I'm stuck on is below. This is mainly because whenever I ask, or search, I've found about 4 different answers. Thanks!

What was the point of Sora being lured to Castle Oblivion? Was it solely Marluxia's doing, or was there a reason Xemnas wanted that too? I originally thought the purpose was to obtain a fraction of Sora's memory to create Xion, but people have said that Xion was created from the memory taken in the KH1FM secret boss fight. If that's the case, why even have Sora come to Castle Oblivion?
Sora being lured to the castle was part of Marluxia's plan to pit him against the other organization members and enact their coup. Xemnas however, used Castle Oblivion as a way to eliminate the traitors (Larxene and Marluxia) with the basement members (Zexion, Lexaeus and Vexen) being unfortunate casualties as they were still loyal to the organization.

Threefire7

Awards
Sora being lured to the castle was part of Marluxia's plan to pit him against the other organization members and enact their coup. Xemnas however, used Castle Oblivion as a way to eliminate the traitors (Larxene and Marluxia) with the basement members (Zexion, Lexaeus and Vexen) being unfortunate casualties as they were still loyal to the organization.
So Xemnas had no intention of using Namine on Sora? That was all Marluxia?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The Castle Oblivion plan to turn Sora into a weapon was Marluxia's plan. Xion was already gone from Castle Oblivion by the time Sora arrived there. Xemnas had little to no involvement with the C.O. plot but he had his own. Getting rid of the traitors Marluxia and Larxene and using the leaked memories that Sora lost to put into Xion to eventually create his own "Sora" under his control.

Threefire7

Awards
The Castle Oblivion plan to turn Sora into a weapon was Marluxia's plan. Xion was already gone from Castle Oblivion by the time Sora arrived there. Xemnas had little to no involvement with the C.O. plot but he had his own. Getting rid of the traitors Marluxia and Larxene and using the leaked memories that Sora lost to put into Xion to eventually create his own "Sora" under his control.
So to be clear, the plan at C.O. was not Xemnas's plan, but he made use of it right? He didn't intend on Sora being there? Xion had already been created using the memories from the KH1FM Engimatic Man boss fight at Hollow Bastion? Xion absorbing the leaking memories from CoM was just a side effect that Xemnas saw as potential to make his own Sora?

Thank you!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So to be clear, the plan at C.O. was not Xemnas's plan, but he made use of it right? He didn't intend on Sora being there? Xion had already been created using the memories from the KH1FM Engimatic Man boss fight at Hollow Bastion? Xion absorbing the leaking memories from CoM was just a side effect that Xemnas saw as potential to make his own Sora?

Thank you!
I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed that Xemnas used the memories from the KH1FM fight. It makes the most sense he got it there though. As for if Xemnas intended on Sora being there, I imagine so, but before he got the memory plan it's unknown what he wanted out of Sora there. Xemnas's only concern for C.O. was getting rid of the traitors, the Replica Program, and looking for the Chamber with Ventus in it. Sora himself wasn't really in his sights until the memory shenanigans gave him a opportunity to get his power for himself.

Back