• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CoM not int the top 10?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They probably meant GBA-exclusives. Nintendo Power did the same thing.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
From what I've heard CoM wasn't very heard of when it came out. Not to mention the response has been very hot and cold because of the battle system. A lot of people didn't take to it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
They probably meant GBA-exclusives. Nintendo Power did the same thing.

Not really, the list includes remakes (amongst which is a Dreamcast game)

They could've, you know, genuinely liked these more than CoM. No reason to look further than that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not really, the list includes remakes (amongst which is a Dreamcast game)

They could've, you know, genuinely liked these more than CoM. No reason to look further than that.

Very true. Chain of Memories, despite it's faults, was still a very underrated game.

ablackmore726

Yeah, though the battle system sucked, I liked it. It was a good 'Inbetween-quel' for KH and KH2. So top 10? It's arguable

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Hey Everyone, Nintendolife just released a list of their favourite GBA games and strangely enough Chain of Memories did not make the cut! What do you guys think? Does the game deserve a little more credit?

Talking Point: The Most Memorable Third Party Game Boy Advance Games - Retro News @ Nintendo Life

And this surprises you how?

By critic standards, it really wasn't that good of a game. None of the series is. Plus it was pretty unheard of. Not a lot of people have played KH.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

By critic standards, it really wasn't that good of a game. None of the series is. Plus it was pretty unheard of. Not a lot of people have played KH.

Why are you on this forum if you think the series isnt even good?

Chain of Memories wasn't heard of very much, Re:COM was heard of more

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Don't pull that "this is a KH forum!" card on me.

I didn't say I didn't like the series, I actually love the series, one of my favorites. But by critic standards, the games are simply not as good as other ones out there. And in a gaming economy where the emphasis has slowly shifted from RPGs and platformers to First Person Shooters and action games, Kingdom Hearts' popularity is remaining stagnant. They need a pick me up, whether it's DDD or HD remasters.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Lol a lot of people on here don't like KH.

And also, if you pay attention, he said critics, not himself. And personally, I have to agree KH isn't up there with some of the games that are, and that's that I'm in love with the series.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Oh sorry, I didn't see that critic part in there. I apologise.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.

You're kidding right?

The critics seem to think the games are more decent than lots of fans do. Just because a game isn't given 9/10 doesn't mean it's not good.

Pretty sure KH1 is in the top ten games for the PS2 in quite a few lists, definitely in the top 100.

billyzanesucks

KH games usually get a pretty good score, but that doesn't ever mean they'll be in the top ten. There are some more widely known games that deserve a prize. I don't see this as surprising at all.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
You're kidding right?

The critics seem to think the games are more decent than lots of fans do. Just because a game isn't given 9/10 doesn't mean it's not good.

Pretty sure KH1 is in the top ten games for the PS2 in quite a few lists, definitely in the top 100.

Didn't say it need to be a perfect score. The entire series got mixed reviews. Some loved, some hated. Kingdom Hearts 1 was probably the most loved of the series, with Birth By Sleep closely behind it. CoM, Re:CoM, Days, and Coded all got less than mediocre reviews, and KH2 was mixed.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
You're kidding right?

It was in the Guiness World Records 2011, number eleven for something...But it was NUMBER ELEVEN.
But back on topic. CoM was disliked by many people and it was liked by many people. End of story

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Didn't say it need to be a perfect score. The entire series got mixed reviews. Some loved, some hated. Kingdom Hearts 1 was probably the most loved of the series, with Birth By Sleep closely behind it. CoM, Re:CoM, Days, and Coded all got less than mediocre reviews, and KH2 was mixed.

What do you define as mediocre on a 1-10 scale?

(PS. I'm not a blind KH fan, I just would like to know what kind of quality, in terms of critical reviews atleast, people are thinking of when they say 'KHX' was baaaaaaad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back