• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Command System

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTempo

So, how do commands in this game work again? I heard you can't merge two old commands to make an old one...Can't find any info on this..Help!

krexia

Translator
Awards
What do you want to know?

The way the deck works is pretty much the same as in BbS, without style changes. But no, you can't merge commands to make new ones. Instead, you can get commands through Ability Link, by picking them up from treasure chests, and by buying them from Moogles. There are also a few that are awarded at various points in the game's storyline (things like High Jump and Glide).

.Oji

赤いテキスト
All things considered, which command system is more preferable to you, krexia?

I’ve been watching KH3D videos just to keep record on how the command system works—while it's generally similar to the command system in BBS, I’d give the margin of superiority to BBS out of preference, but since I don’t have the game (yet) to properly judge, I can’t really say without uncertainty.

Straythe

I didn't play it myself and only watched, but I'd say I also prefer BBS a lot, it feels similar but there's quite a few features out ...

As far as command system goes (and the other BBS features felt more "organic" with it).

3D has new features that I guess makes it even in terms of fun (even if I myself prefer the BBS way, since it was more related to your character and choices to create and make your own builds for one character).

MinerKing

@Krexia could you possibly give a list of all the abilities (attack haste, once more, ect.) you have gotten in the game? Are there any new ones?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I hope their is some type of "Strike Raid" in KH: DDD. Throwing that Dual Disc keyblade would be awesome sauce.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
i hope they have light and dark based attacks exclusively for Riku since he has both in his heart

Awards
Well I think in BBS is focused more on the deck commands because that was basically the only main battle system in the game, even D-Links focused on the deck commands. But with 3D, I think that the reason there's less focus on it, because there's the free flow action, and the Ability Links with Dream Eaters.

krexia

Translator
Awards
All things considered, which command system is more preferable to you, krexia?
My biggest problem with the gameplay of BbS was style changes. As awesome as they were, their power meant that they inevitably became the focus of the entire command system. Once I figured out how to structure a deck to quickly and easily set up style changes, that's all I ever really used commands for. And that really took a lot of the fun and variety out of the whole gameplay system.

With BbS, the closest thing to style changes is the link attacks you perform with your Dreameaters. Since those operate entirely independently of commands, they have no influence on your deck setup. I felt a lot freer to experiment with greater variety in decks in KH3D, so found the gameplay was more interesting in general.

I'm also a big fan of free-flow. After playing the demo at TGS I was worried it might break the gameplay, and I still feel like it's a little overpowered, but not enough to seriously detract from the rest of the action.

@Krexia could you possibly give a list of all the abilities (attack haste, once more, ect.) you have gotten in the game? Are there any new ones?
I'm going to be pretty busy with real life stuff for the immediate future (I spent seventeen hours moving out of my apartment today), but I'll try to get around to this if I can.

I hope their is some type of "Strike Raid" in KH: DDD. Throwing that Dual Disc keyblade would be awesome sauce.
There are a few Keyblade-throwing commands, and Sora has a revenge-type command where he throws his Keyblade.

i hope they have light and dark based attacks exclusively for Riku since he has both in his heart
There are quite a few dark-ish commands that are for Riku only.

(There are a handful of commands that can only be used by one character or the other. Link attacks also work differently for Sora and Riku. With Sora, link attacks tend to involve him pairing up with the Dreameater in question, riding around on its back or whatever. With Riku, link attacks feel more like style changes, giving him temporary elemental powers and/or extra strength.)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
yes but sora's heart is light

riku's is darker and had darkness residing within his heart

Riku has an afnnity for dark magic but he can use both. Sora could you dark magic as well but his heart is not as resistant to the effects of it like riku's is. Sora heart is not light. it just has more then an average person, sora is capable of darkness-hence his anti form

.Oji

赤いテキスト
My biggest problem with the gameplay of BbS was style changes. As awesome as they were, their power meant that they inevitably became the focus of the entire command system. Once I figured out how to structure a deck to quickly and easily set up style changes, that's all I ever really used commands for. And that really took a lot of the fun and variety out of the whole gameplay system.

With BbS, the closest thing to style changes is the link attacks you perform with your Dreameaters. Since those operate entirely independently of commands, they have no influence on your deck setup. I felt a lot freer to experiment with greater variety in decks in KH3D, so found the gameplay was more interesting in general.

Sounds good. I’m anxious to see how well your impressions hold up once I get the game. ;)

I'm also a big fan of free-flow. After playing the demo at TGS I was worried it might break the gameplay, and I still feel like it's a little overpowered, but not enough to seriously detract from the rest of the action.

It’s funny you say this. I know of few people who already own KH3D and this seems to be a common opinion among them—flowmotion: a blast to use, but slightly overpowered. One in particular went as far as to say it (jokingly) felt like a “banned technique” and that something similar to a ‘drive gauge’ should’ve been implemented to regulate how often it gets used.

My main concern with the free-flow system so far is whether or not it makes basic platforming pointless. I know platforming isn’t necessarily a strong suit in Kingdom Hearts, but I like what little is there.

krexia

Translator
Awards
My main concern with the free-flow system so far is whether or not it makes basic platforming pointless. I know platforming isn’t necessarily a strong suit in Kingdom Hearts, but I like what little is there.
Free-flow does technically allow you to circumvent some of the platforming in the game. But to be honest, I reckon using free-flow with that kind of control requires more skill than the platforming itself. So it's definitely not a game-breaking shortcut - more like an alternative (but still challenging) way of getting around.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So how was it playing as riku how was he different from sora

xig28

Awards
Ill be posting videos of gameplay to show off some of the features for both sora and riku. some of the questions here will be answered in no time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back