• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

computer gaming question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PryoSpark

Since i know hardly anything about computer specifications could i run CoD: MW2(specs below) on this. (specs below)

Gateway Nv9715u

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor1 (2.13GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache) with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology1
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)7
Memory
4096MB Dual-Channel DDR3 1066MHz sDRAM8
Hard Drive 500GB SATA hard drive4
Chassis
Chassis with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD with 128MB of dedicated system memory supporting Microsoft® and Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
Wireless Network
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
Optical Drive 8x DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
Media Card Reader Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader (Memory Stick™, Memory Stick™ Pro, Multi Media Card™, Secure Digital™, xD-Picture Card™)5

CoD:MW2
Hard Drive Space :
clear.gif
16 GB free hard drive space
clear.gif
Operating System :
clear.gif
Windows® Vista/XP
clear.gif
Processor :
clear.gif
AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium® 4 3.0GHz or better
clear.gif
RAM :
clear.gif
512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (VISTA)
clear.gif

Video Card :
clear.gif
Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia® GeForce™ 6600GT / ATI® Radeon™ 1600XT or better
I searched for other infomation consernig this question elsewhere but could not find a suitable answer. Any help would be appreciated.

I hope this is the correct place for this thread >_<;

Llamapox

While not an expert on specs, I'm pretty sure that your computer will handle it fine, though not on the highest settings. The only problem I can see id that it may not run on 64-bit windows, but being a relatively recent game it should.

I have a really crappy laptop, but I can still play alot of games that need better specs. I just ignore them.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
While I can't advise directly on hardware, I would suggest you ditch getting Modern Warfare 2, and instead get Bad Company 2. It's an overall better game in terms of balance, teamplay and strategy.

I can, though, recommend you take a look at the system requirements for Modern Warfare 2 on the operating system you want to get, and base your PC on that. Mind you, you don't have to run your PC games at maximum graphics, but there's one recommendation I can always make: From the get-go, make sure you buy yourself a high-quality motherboard and processor.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
"Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD with 128MB of dedicated system memory"

No, it will not. Integrated Intel graphics cards can not run any modern games.

Your computer will need either an nVidia or an ATI Radeon graphics card in order to play PC games, basically.

Trag

Bronze Member
Yah onboard graphics won't cut it
just buy a cheap card and throw it in there

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Here's the skinny on your PC:
Your processor is WAY better than the minimum necessary.
Your RAM is WAY better than the minimum necessary.
Everything you have exceeds the requirements except...
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD with 128MB of dedicated system memory supporting Microsoft® and Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

Good luck trying to run even Minesweeper with that graphics card.

Here's a $66 graphics card that'll run pretty much any game you throw at it, including MW2.
Newegg.com - HIS H465FT1GH Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Find out whether you have PCI Express or not, and then buy a graphics card (that one requires PCI-Express).
Get a dedicated graphics card for gaming.
who cares? pc gaming is pretty much going down the can anyway
Well....

D

Deleted member 36435

Here's the skinny on your PC:
Your processor is WAY better than the minimum necessary.
Your RAM is WAY better than the minimum necessary.
Everything you have exceeds the requirements except...

Good luck trying to run even Minesweeper with that graphics card.

Here's a $66 graphics card that'll run pretty much any game you throw at it, including MW2.
Newegg.com - HIS H465FT1GH Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Find out whether you have PCI Express or not, and then buy a graphics card (that one requires PCI-Express).
Get a dedicated graphics card for gaming.

Well....
His CPU is .8ghz under what GameStop has listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back