• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion about kh2fm

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kasamake

Okay so with the new cutscenes in kh2fm sometime I hear them mute and yet I've seen some of the new scenes with voices so what the hell. Like the "new you" scene I saw a vid with it mute and then saw it with american voices so yeah what is the reason for this, and I know it isn't someone just putting there voice in the vid cause when roxas in that scene said "roxas" when that name appeared he sounded just like the real voice. Did they put voices in the greatest hits edition or what?

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Okay so with the new cutscenes in kh2fm sometime I hear them mute and yet I've seen some of the new scenes with voices so what the hell. Like the "new you" scene I saw a vid with it mute and then saw it with american voices so yeah what is the reason for this, and I know it isn't someone just putting there voice in the vid cause when roxas in that scene said "roxas" when that name appeared he sounded just like the real voice. Did they put voices in the greatest hits edition or what?
No, when you play through the actual game they are muted I guess because the rest of the scenes are in English and since those don't have Englsih voies they just mute it. But when you unlock theater and beat Re:COM you can watch all of them in Japanese with voices then.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
With the FM's the scenes that had new charecters were muted because they didn't want to have to go through the trouble of finding them a voice actor in a game that isn't exactly necessary. The english scenes were done that way because the VA's were already at hand.

urutapu

The trick both FMs have played are to have the vast majority of new cutscenes be in situations where not having voice acting isn't totally weird (flashbacks, etc.).

Both KH1FM and KH2FM have had a single scene each where this isn't the case. In KH1, it's the cutscene before the Xemnas/"Unknown" battle (if I remember correctly, all Sora says is something like "Who are you!?"). In KH2, it's Roxas's naming ceremony (Xemnas says "The new you" and something else simplistic). They were both taken from old recordings--Sora says "Who are you!?" somewhere else in the game, and Xemnas's "The new you" was obviously mixed from more than one line.

kasamake

Well that is just stupid, why can't they just get the people to do a few simple lines in the game couldn't cost that much money could it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well that is just stupid, why can't they just get the people to do a few simple lines in the game couldn't cost that much money could it.

It's not the money. It's finding the VA's. They aren't always just available to go into a studio and voice something like nothing. They have jobs and lives and families.

And there was no need to voice the scenes since they were so minor.

And the JP people can do it simple because they belong to an acting group that SE hires them from. Easier to make contact with than NA voices since we don't have acting groups like that in the states. Not like in Japan anyways. Voice actors belong to different companies like FUNimation and Bang Zoom, but they have no obligation to them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah but still not fair T-T

I know it isn't. But usually NA and PAL get more stuff in the game than JPN so they get mad and make FM and International versions to get back at NA and PAL versions. But it leaves them with silent scenes where English dialog is suppose to be.

Life will never be fair.

kasamake

Lol overdramatic much lol. But either way fine, guess whenever I get it I'll just see the scenes on internet.

urutapu

Onc u beat the game they have theater mode where u can watch any scene u want in english or japanese.

We're talking about the new scenes having no English voice acting...

It's not the money. It's finding the VA's. They aren't always just available to go into a studio and voice something like nothing. They have jobs and lives and families.

And there was no need to voice the scenes since they were so minor.

And the JP people can do it simple because they belong to an acting group that SE hires them from. Easier to make contact with than NA voices since we don't have acting groups like that in the states. Not like in Japan anyways. Voice actors belong to different companies like FUNimation and Bang Zoom, but they have no obligation to them.

In video games, studios are seldom used; voice actors will usually "phone in" their lines (record them at home with their own equipment, then send them to the project).

We do have voice acting groups in North America...well, not many. Ocean Group is the only one I can name off the top of my head, which probably goes to show you. And "belonging" to a company is an almost non-factor; tons of anime voice actors use pseudonyms to get around union rules anyway.

So, yeah, I honestly don't see a logical reason for the lack of new voice acting, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back