• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion About Riku's Eyes?..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Wow, this thread went to hell. x_x

Okay...

manifest [adj.] - Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious
manifest [verb.] - A) To reveal or display | b) (of a disembodied spirit) to appear in visible form

Manifestation [noun.] - A) An indication of the existence, reality, or presence of something | B) The materialized form of a spirit.

Neither Riku nor Maleficent 'manifested' darkness. To manifest is to evince or appear, to appear is to exist, and to exist is to be. Both Riku and Maleficent aren't darkness, they merely utilize it. True manifestations of darkness would be the heartless. "They are darkness made real" -- Yen Sid.

To submit is to yield or surrender (oneself); to allow oneself to be subjected to something, which in this case is darkness. If someone yields to the darkness of the heart, they will become a heartless, so in essence, by submitting, a heartless would manifest. Now, embracing or becoming one with darkness is a different story altogether. Both Riku and Maleficent embraced darkness.

Phew. How this thread veered so far off the original topic is beyond me, but can we please get back to it?

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
lol we're getting nowhere .. cause i feel like youre doing the exact same thing and should make up your mind as well - i think its just a mixture of arguing for quite a while in 2 different threads ..

i agreed with you on some areas, and then you agreed with me, and i mention the areas where you agree, but sometimes you mislead and change your mind.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Wow, this thread went to hell. x_x

Okay...

manifest [adj.] - Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious
manifest [verb.] - A) To reveal or display | b) (of a disembodied spirit) to appear in visible form

Manifestation [noun.] - A) An indication of the existence, reality, or presence of something | B) The materialized form of a spirit.

Neither Riku nor Maleficent 'manifested' darkness. To manifest is to evince or appear, to appear is to exist, and to exist is to be. Both Riku and Maleficent aren't darkness, they merely utilize it. True manifestations of darkness would be the heartless. "They are darkness made real" -- Yen Sid.

this is what my whole point was .. that they dont manifest it - they simply use its power

To submit is to yield or surrender (oneself); to allow oneself to be subjected to something, which in this case is darkness. If someone yields to the darkness of the heart, they will become a heartless, so in essence, by submitting, a heartless would manifest. Now, embracing or becoming one with darkness is a different story altogether. Both Riku and Maleficent embraced darkness.

Phew. How this thread veered so far off the original topic is beyond me, but can we please get back to it?

yes please

Athaydea

Bronze Member
you were the fist one to use the word manifest

i was talking about riku's suit .. because it was created from (or manifested) from darkness .. you said that maleficent manifested darkness itself though which is not true .. she simply used it

Lefolane

I think his eys are always BLUE(or aquamarine, seems to me) unless he turns into Ansem. Having darkness inside him doesn't change his eyes to yellow. He put the blindfold on to keep the darkness power inside. His eyes couldn't 'lie' imply something that he needs to disguise as a member of Org. and spy easily.. eh? :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back