• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Soldier

Ok, I did a search a found nothing. Now here is what im confused about with KH2.

We know that when Sora transforms he gets two keyblades. Like Oathkeeper and Oblivion. But why the Oblivion keyblade?

I mean, I can understand with the Oathkeeper 'cause of the promise with Kairi, but the Oblivion is just a random key that you find in a chest! Is the Oblivion supposed to represent something?

DarkOblivion

have been thinking about that aswell, but it seem that oblivion is represent the dark side

atleast that is what everyone thinks

S

Shadow Soldier

That doesnt make no sense what so ever?!?!?!?! ah screw it... I will take your word.

dejah

:|
i think that it represents sora's subconcious attachment to castle oblivion >.<

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Maybe the Oathkeeper reminds him of Kairi and the Oblivion reminds him of Riku? The Oathkeeper does represent light and the Oblivion does represent darkness. Maybe this is why the Duel Wielding Unknown had them? He threw the Oblivion to Riku because Riku is attached to the darkness.

fjurbanski

where in the world does it say that oathkeeper represents light and oblivion represents darkness. that is just some theory that every one started to believe

S

Shadow Soldier

Thats what I meant, in final form yes.

But why choose a keyblade that you just get in a chest? Why not choose one like the lionheart keyblade or something like that? And please for the love of god dont say "Because lyek, the lionheart is dark, and lyek Oblivion keyblade is, and its strong and it represents darkness and evilz!!!1!!11!"

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Yeah I understand, the Oblivion was an optional Key Blade, I didn't even get it my first time through the game (since I didn't use a guide) and only found it later on. I can totally see what you mean, its an optional Key Blade with no real Story Importance. The Oath Keeper and the Kingdom Key I can see, hell the Metal Chocobo would be nice, but I guess its just a color balance, which in the end makes no sense since Sora is ment to be following the path of Light, not Twilight.

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Nomura has confirmed in an old interveiw that Oblivion DOES represent darkness....i can't bring myself to research for it though. Check old archives of nomura interviews on KHU.

Here it is.

Secrets of the Keyblades
Nomura: The Keyblades the boy who knows Sora is holding are the Oathkeeper and Oblivion from the first game. [Note: This part isn't clear enough for me to see properly.]
The precious "Oathkeeper", which Sora received from Kairi
The jet-black Keyblade, symbolic of Riku
(Subtitle at the bottom, next to Sora in the coliseum with Oblivion.)
The Oblivion, at first, was called Riku's Keyblade. The boy who has the Keyblades from Riku (darkness) and Kairi (light)...... Who is he!?

http://www.kh2.co.uk/?kh2=Famitsu

Last edited:

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Doesn't really confirm it as the Keyblade of Darkness but most of us know it is... It's just weird that this Key Blade was stored in an optional chest and yet seems to be an important keyblade.

dejah

:|
the oblivion and oathkeeper do look rather similar. yet opposite, if you get what i mean.

if they were to represent something, then it would be light and dark or kairi and riku,

other wise it's just matching. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back